Your Fav Football team.

Chewitt said:
I have nothing against american footbaaaal apart from the fact it stole the name football and now on a multi-national forum inconsiderate fools continue to say football rather than american football. Soccer, what sort of ****ing name is soccer anyway !!

the majority of forums on the internet are international! if you feel like we've slighted you with "american football" please move on to another forum that focuses on your needs.

like slugger said, the u.s. is not interested in your sport. typically soccer is popular with kids from 4-8. why? because it's simple any kid that can run can play the sport!

Earthworm Jim said:
trojans are going down.. we had you in 05!

you and rest of the nation have to get off this game! the trojans didn't come to play till the 4th quarter. please don't tell me you're still holding on to that! look towards the future and move on!

Earthworm Jim said:
PS. USC IS GOING DOWN!! NCAA sancations !!!!!!!!!!!!
REGGIE BUSH is an idiot!

i wish for you more hope than that to beat usc this year. and cut the grass this time!
btw, is clausen going to start or what?

watch out for the double posting. the mods will :nono:

Last edited:
allsport21 said:
you and rest of the nation have to get off this game! the trojans didn't come to play till the 4th quarter. please don't tell me you're still holding on to that! look towards the future and move on!

i wish for you more hope than that to beat usc this year. and cut the grass this time!
btw, is clausen going to start or what?

watch out for the double posting. the mods will :nono:

oh im off that game. ND choked. the grass thing has always been a joke to me. LOL i mean theres ppl out there that actually think that had an impact on the game. yeah like we needed darius walker to be any slower:rolleyes: :p

im not sure about clausen, there appears to be no leaks on that info, weis said he would announce the top 2 qb's at the end of MAY. its all a mystery as of right now.

im just very happy with the way recruiting has been going. :cornut:

Chewitt said:
I have nothing against american footbaaaal apart from the fact it stole the name football and now on a multi-national forum inconsiderate fools continue to say football rather than american football. Soccer, what sort of ****ing name is soccer anyway !!

I know, it would make more sense and cause less confusion if they called their football Soccer

bonodo said:
my favourite REAL footy team is man u. i dont watch USA FAKE footy

GOOD! we've come up for a new name for soccer! FOOTY! :yesnod:
let's use footy so we won't get that mixed up with football.

thanks for the qb info, jim. it should be a great game in october.

allsport21 said:
GOOD! we've come up for a new name for soccer! FOOTY! :yesnod:
let's use footy so we won't get that mixed up with football.

thanks for the qb info, jim. it should be a great game in october.

heh good one!

yeah should be an interesting game. i mean USC will be ranked 1 coming to south bend. ND is in very much of a rebuilding year. New D-coordinator, new defense (3-4), brand new QB and a lot of young players will be starting. i expect them to at the very least compete with USC. im sick of the 20-30 point blowouts. :(

I was about to post but then I realised you weren't talking about Football you were talking about American Football. How is it that Americans have to re-invent other country's sports because they suck so much at them?

Shall we look at the evidence?

American Football - Americans suck at Rugby League, Rugby Union and football. Therefore they invented this mishmash of the three in an attempt to feel better about themselves. The funny thing is that some American Footballers tried to play Rugby Union and called it "crazy" and the players of it "insane". I guess it's hard for them to play a real contact sport when they are used to all that padding.

Besides, why is it called FOOTball when most of the game is spent either;

a) Sitting around and talking about the next play.
b) Carrying the ball/throwing the ball with your hands.

Only two out of hundreds of types of play actually involve kicking the ball. And those are "special team" situations.

Blech.

Basketball - It seems Americans weren't good enough at playing Netball, a sport which is for women, and so instead invented this version of the game. The amusing thing is that American women seem to be even worse at Basketball than they obviously were at Netball.

Baseball - Americans don't seem to be very good at Dutch Rounders or Cricket either, the offshoot being this snorefest of a sport. I'm surprised that people actually go to watch this in stadiums considering most of the time the players are doing NOTHING; but, then again, people go to watch Cricket so I shouldn't be so surprised.

Hmmm...

the majority of forums on the internet are international! if you feel like we've slighted you with "american football" please move on to another forum that focuses on your needs.

like slugger said, the u.s. is not interested in your sport. typically soccer is popular with kids from 4-8. why? because it's simple any kid that can run can play the sport!

First of all, the majority of the world's population calls Football as it is; they don't call is soccer. That is a trend on prevalent in America and some Southern American countries. It is also prevelant in Australia but at least Australian Rules Football doesn't involve pussies in pads running into each other for 10 seconds before sitting down for 2 minutes. Even I am more athletic than that.

Second - Football is only simple if you look at it through the simplistic eyes of a child; JUST THE SAME AS ANY SPORT. At higher levels the sports always get more complex. Do you think 4-8 year old kids could run complex American Football plays? No, they couldn't, just like they couldn't play in a decent formation and use any sort of decent reasoning on the field.

Third - American footballers take a break between each play to think about what to do next. Footballers, Rugby Players, Australian Rules players all have to think IN REAL TIME. America Football is more like Chess with padded pussies than it like a real sport and the players don't even need a brain; they just do what the Coach tells them to do.

Okay, I'm done. Here is my answer;

WinningPost.png

Griever said:
Basketball - It seems Americans weren't good enough at playing Netball, a sport which is for women, and so instead invented this version of the game. The amusing thing is that American women seem to be even worse at Basketball than they obviously were at Netball.

...Basketball was invented by the canadians...

Griever said:
Hmmm, I stand corrected. Although I was correct that it was invented in America.

And netball is classed as a girls' sport. Anywhere, men are broadcasted more than women in sport, obviously someone was going to make an alternative. Also, in netball, there's no bouncig allowed and you generally don't need to be tall.

Rounders, is similar to baseball. If you analyse the rules though, they're completely different. I prefer baseball... but it's just classing whether sports are for men and women.

Exactly...

If the rules weren't different then they wouldn't be different sports...

The whole point is that America sucks at other sports and so invented three of it's own. The three most popular sports in America are barely played (on a large scale) elsewhere in the world (except Baseball which is massive in Japan) which is completely different to Football which is massive in most large countries APART from the US and Canada.

Football is the dominant sport in far more countries and it is definately the most dominant format when it comes to the World Cup.

(Asides, perhaps, the Olympics, but that's not one single sport now is it?)

Back