Your Fav Football team.

Yeah, but, every spot has adaptations, it's not like the UK are suddenly going to invent a winter sport involving lots of snow.

No, but we also didn't invent a sport called English Skiing which doesn't involve snow, skis or anything else to do with skiing but, instead, involves rollerblading down a hill. :mad2:

Griever said:
No, but we also didn't invent a sport called English Skiing which doesn't involve snow, skis or anything else to do with skiing but, instead, involves rollerblading down a hill. :mad2:

True, but I suppose we could, it's all adaptations.

You.

Skateboard.

Do you have problems with snowboarding then?

Moving swifty on topic.

This guy is insane...

minto said:
my fav team is liverpool

But, I actually agreed on the american thing, I have no idea why I was giving the other side.

Griever said:
Exactly...

If the rules weren't different then they wouldn't be different sports...

The whole point is that America sucks at other sports and so invented three of it's own. The three most popular sports in America are barely played (on a large scale) elsewhere in the world (except Baseball which is massive in Japan) which is completely different to Football which is massive in most large countries APART from the US and Canada.

Football is the dominant sport in far more countries and it is definately the most dominant format when it comes to the World Cup.

(Asides, perhaps, the Olympics, but that's not one single sport now is it?)

We didn't invent sports because we weren't good at other ones. Ours sports just gained steam and now are extremely popular in this country.

Why do you have to hate on our sports? No one was talking bad about you or your country.

Don't get me wrong, I do like soccer. I love the passion foreign countries have for it. The difference between us North Americans and the rest of the soccer playing world is that for the most part, North Americans haven't been born and raised to like soccer.

Someone was moaning about how Soccer was the correct name to use on an international forum - in actual fact it's not since it is only called Soccer in a handful of countries. That is the "so what" in this whole thing.

Besides; I hate the way American's take things from other countries and try to label them as their own. For example, American English, American Football...

>_>;

Back