Your take on disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wiired said:
Would being smaller be classed as a disability though? Because they can still do everyday things like a 'normal' person..

Feh... You'd think that wouldn't you?

Last edited:
There are such things as syndromes that effect the growth of a body, meaning deformity or so you wont grow taller, if you know what I mean.
Meaning they are short/little but the can't do as much as what you say as 'normal' people (which i find offensive) because of other problems may have.

hmm i dont think i have any disabibilitys, i cant think of any... but i do know quite a few people with them and i find that most of em are friendlier than most people i know without disabilities

Scream said:
Retard is a word that accurately describes most retards. It is not offensive, it is just society trying to cover truth with bigger, less harsh sounding words. Politically correctness does not fly with me my friends.
Do you not think that words like this are used too often, with people jumping to conclusion without actually knowing the truth?
i agree with you that it accurately desicribes some people.

Sup SOme great opinions and stories here. However some people beleive I am doing this for rep or for no reason. I figured that some people might like to vent even if it is just on a thread.

Bigwheels103 said:
Sup SOme great opinions and stories here. However some people beleive I am doing this for rep or for no reason. I figured that some people might like to vent even if it is just on a thread.

To be honest, you made a very interesting thread and I enjoy sharing my views on it and sharing my stories. This issue has been a big issue on my life and some of my closest friends (also like me), it's good to read what other members think about this subject and most posts are positive. You do deserve rep mate,
Lee

SInce all of you have been so nice (well MOST of you) I suppose I should share my story. I was born with something called cerebral palsy which affects the brain. Lucky for me though I am not mentally challenged and it only affects my legs. it is not that severe although it has gotten worse in the last couple of years due to growth spurts. I'd say the hardest parts are that alot of the time even if it is just sub consciously you get treated as less of a person and everyone assumes your innocent and kind. People also seem to assume that if you walk funny or are in a wheelchair that you are mentally challenged.

Although it's great during halloween because even if you say youre not mentally challenged or youre fine you'll usually get something extra. However I am not stupid or dumb in fact many consider me to be wise although I am young.

Sometimes life is hard but it's always worth it and sometimes you'll even inspire others.

In the words of the mother of forrest gump "If god wanted us all to be the same he'd have given us all braces on our legs"

PS. You should try sledge hockey.

my youngest bro says:

gaz said:
"disabled people re luckier because if theyre blind they are better at hearing things or summot, like that stephen hawkings"

bonodo said:
my youngest bro says:

"disabled people re luckier because if theyre blind they are better at hearing things or summot, like that stephen hawkings"

That's the most stupid thing to say. How old is your brother? Like, five I suppose. Really though...

It doesn't actually mean you have a heightened sense of hearing if you're blind, you can still have poor hearing, if anything it should be worse because they have to listen to everything.

What about the deafblind, eh? Heightened sense of TOUCH?

Stephen Hawking was born with some... Muscle thing where the muscles just wear away, which basically led to his ill-health, I'm sure he'd have always been smart.

The environment has an effect on only some things, slightly.

Frogger said:
That's the most stupid thing to say. How old is your brother? Like, five I suppose. Really though...

It doesn't actually mean you have a heightened sense of hearing if you're blind, you can still have poor hearing, if anything it should be worse because they have to listen to everything.

Stephen Hawking was born with some... Muscle thing where the muscles just wear away, which basically led to his ill-health, I'm sure he'd have always been smart.

yeah it is a load o crap and that brother is 12

okay, i think this thread should just be locked
its really pointless and if someone dose have a problem with disabled people for whatever reason, im sure they wont come out with it, unless they're just really really really ignorant, like that guys kid brother. disabilities are something many people have, theyve been around for thousands of years and are just a common element of life, this thread is nothing more than a loophole.

Frogger said:

I can speak from experience, as im partially death in both ears, wearing hearing-aids as i said in my previous posts, Bonodos bro is quite clever.
My vision is 'perfect' according to my local optitions, he says it's the most perfect pair of eyes he has looked at (in terms of vision). I think my vision is really good as my aids are helping me hear, so my brain is focusing more on my vision. Its hard to explain , note - this is what i think so im not saying this is fact or anything.
lee

lee.jarratt said:
I can speak from experience, as im partially death in both ears, wearing hearing-aids as i said in my previous posts, Bonodos bro is quite clever.
My vision is 'perfect' according to my local optitions, he says it's the most perfect pair of eyes he has looked at (in terms of vision). I think my vision is really good as my aids are helping me hear, so my brain is focusing more on my vision. Its hard to explain , note - this is what i think so im not saying this is fact or anything.
lee
on your last bit, it is a fact the human body adapts with what it has, so is likely what youre saying is true.

lockdance.gif

IN BEFORE THE LOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back