Zak and Wiki!!!!!!! Awesome

Ok so I finally went and got this game and I must say I am totally and completely impressed. I played thru the jungle missions this morning and I have to say this is what a Wii adventure/puzzle solving game should be. The puzzles aren't difficult, nor are they terribly easy to figure out. The controls are for lack of a better word seamless and intuitive. The sound and music are wonderful and the graphics are wonderful cartoonish style. Overall I would have to give this game a 9.5/10. For those lazy 3rd party developers that can only seem to spew out endless minigame crapware for the Wii you need to take a long hard look at this game to see just exactly what is possible with a little effort. Fun, Fun, Fun that is what this game is and it delivers. The control scheme alone takes the Wii places it should always be in my mind and from here on out when I think of a Wii game and what I expect of them it will be compared to this game for action and adventure and MOH:H2 and MP3, for FPS games.

Sound and Music 9.5/10
Story 9.5/10
Controls 10/10
Graphics 9/10
Fun Factor 10/10

I mean come on poeple whats not fun about grabbing a flying monkey and shaking him until he rings like tinker bell, really how can that not be fun :lol:

It is fun, yes.
I rented this yesterday, and I am impressed. In some cases the Zelda games can take note of the puzzles, maybe incorporate more into their dungeons. Some do keep you going for a bit, and some involve a lot of different combos of things. Its really good. Ice Missions get a bit tougher :lol:

I dunno why I bought SMG, This, and Endless Ocean at the same time. So much to play so little time.

I read somewhere that Z&W was lowered to $29 .. how much did you get it for .. I was thinking of picking it up myself

Good buy man. I can't wait for a mega man using this engine though... side scrolling shooter with this puzzle action added on. Yet this game has a really sweet style though. To bad more people didn't buy this one. Yet it just insures that capcom will have a great fan base once they do do their other games.

ElronMac said:
I managed to get a copy for $26.99, it was a used one, but they had a new one also and that was $29.99. well worth the money.

way to save 2$ !!!
kidding, but IMO i'm not to big on used items

You have to pay pretty close attention to the disk if you are going to buy used, I have only ever had one bad used game and that one I pulled out and check in the store had a scratch on the front of it all the way thru the paint so I knew it was no good. And your right big whoop on the two dollars, unfortunately my wife notices **** like, hell she drives an extra 12 miles to save 3 pennies a gallon on a 12 gallon tank, now that makes some real sense, woohooo saving a whole 36 pennies.

Anyway I am still playing and it just gets harder and funner the farther into it you go, no idea why this is not a top seller on the Wii.

ElronMac said:
You have to pay pretty close attention to the disk if you are going to buy used, I have only ever had one bad used game and that one I pulled out and check in the store had a scratch on the front of it all the way thru the paint so I knew it was no good. And your right big whoop on the two dollars, unfortunately my wife notices **** like, hell she drives an extra 12 miles to save 3 pennies a gallon on a 12 gallon tank, now that makes some real sense, woohooo saving a whole 36 pennies.

Anyway I am still playing and it just gets harder and funner the farther into it you go, no idea why this is not a top seller on the Wii.

Well that doesn't make much sense. What type of car does she drive? 12 miles would be between .25-1 gallon depending on vehicle. Even at .25 it would still cost more than 36 cents to get there. I'm a fan of saving money, and inspecting stuff I buy but that seems a little tedious.

Yeah I ordered it after price was lowered on amazon. $33 with shipping. If you buy it in store you pay tax anyway so its more or less the same.

I hate buying used, only game I remember buying used is Beyond Good and Evil, I was hugely disappointed when I got it from an ebay seller and it was a copy from a blockbuster.

Zack & Wiki really is awesome and a total bargin for $30. Great graphics, good use of motions, funny and some tricky puzzles. An easy 9/10.

Im only up to the frozen temple so far but ive enjoyed it immensely. Just dont be put off buying it because you think it looks like a little kids game because its really not.

Update:

Ok so my puny little brain finally managed to make it 80% thru this game and it just got better and better as I played. Although some of the puzzles were difficult and I had to be a wuss and go to the guide, it's still a great game. Has anyone else ever got to a part then went to a guide and read it and then say to themselves, how in the hell did someone ever think to do that, really??? I have said that a couple of times this game, there are solutions to puzzles I just never would have thought of and that in my opinion is a brilliant game.

Anyway, after reading Capcoms press release I am really hoping for a sequel, I think this could be a great series for the Wii.

Oh and this best part about this game, when you get it right it says your a genuis or smart, everyone likes to be told there smart.

Finally arrived last night, got back from the library at 5:45am, found it in the mailbox, played till 7am and went to sleep :p

Looks to have great potential, im pretty excited.

Back