1v1 brawl league

sigh...:frown: for some reason i feel kinda left out in all this. but i do have somethin 2 say though...GCommander, Dinner, and CK you three are the best brawlers iv seen so far:thumbsup: compared to me...:( i need to step my game up a bit...

just thought id come out and say it thats all...

Hey, I'm sure you'd feel more left out if you were unable to play :)
Plus, some people just have more time to practice than others, nothing you can do about that. Just keep playing and don't worry about winning or losing, just about doing your best.

Lol anax, I know it sucks.

Smash, if it makes you feel any better, I've only won one online match (excluding 2v2s), but I still go out and play CK about every weekend. It's just practice. I have gotten better, but not near good enough to be online worthy.

Yeah, I can't play, either. Campus networking is being stupid.

It's a shame because the league is getting active again. Ah well. Soon enough, I'll have my online.

I have gotten better, but not near good enough to be online worthy.

"Online worthy"? Some of you guys worry too much. Just play for fun, even if it's "competitive" or official. Losing isn't the end of the world, even if it is posted on Youtube for the world to see. What I mean to say is don't be afraid to participate because you don't think you're good enough.

My best tip for those who want to get better: watch the videos. Watch other more skilled people play, figure out what they're doing or trying to do, and then practice doing it yourself. Watch replays of yourself too and see where you can improve.

Last edited:
Funny thing about online is that everyone plays WORSE online. Input lag becomes another element to deal with.

thanks anax and rocker j i appropriate your support but to be honest winning and losing dosent concern or worry me one bit, just what anax and realo said (just play for fun) i know what you two mean by that. but heres the thing the thing, i just recently started high school as a freshman (its going pretty good:D:)) which means i wont be on brawl as often as before...and another thing...i can get really rusty so quick if i dont play in 2 or 3 days :/

thats kinda what meant to say in my previous pose

I have gotten better, but not near good enough to be online worthy.

"Online worthy"? Some of you guys worry too much. Just play for fun, even if it's "competitive" or official. Losing isn't the end of the world, even if it is posted on Youtube for the world to see. What I mean to say is don't be afraid to participate because you don't think you're good enough.

My best tip for those who want to get better: watch the videos. Watch other more skilled people play, figure out what they're doing or trying to do, and then practice doing it yourself. Watch replays of yourself too and see where you can improve.

Haha, that made me laugh. Everyone will have evidence of how much we suck, so no pressure :lol:
And yea, I've seen the videos, but in the end they don't really help because...

Funny thing about online is that everyone plays WORSE online. Input lag becomes another element to deal with.

Bio got it, even if you see videos it's not until you play constantly that you get used to your attacks not registering as fast as they usually do. With Wolf, for example, I usually short hop and fast falls Bairs. Online, I end up just jumping and the Bair doesn't input quickly enough to come out, instead I get ridiculous landing lag and thus get owned.

thanks anax and rocker j i appropriate your support but to be honest winning and losing dosent concern or worry me one bit, just what anax and realo said (just play for fun) i know what you two mean by that. but heres the thing the thing, i just recently started high school as a freshman (its going pretty good:D:)) which means i wont be on brawl as often as before...and another thing...i can get really rusty so quick if i dont play in 2 or 3 days :/

thats kinda what meant to say in my previous pose

Lol, GC and a lot other people here are in high school. Believe me, you have SO much time in high school. Just doesn't feel like it because you've had more free time before.
And CK can testify that playing brawl is like riding a bike. Even if you get rusty you can still do well enough when you come back, seeing how he is still doing quite well after such an absence.

I get rusty in 1 day. No lie :nono:
^Freshman!! Your getting dumped in the trashcan :D JK (maybe) :shifty:

When I try to work on a certain character I just look up pro's with that character and look at their matches to learn from them (Metaknight "M2K" Snake "Ally" Falco "SK92" Samus "Xyro77" Ike "RenegadeTX2000" Wario "Krystedez" and so on. Most of them have AiB accounts XD You get surprised that you can come up with combos or strategies of your own (ahem my grenade and Snake edguarding techiniques ;) )
I also suggest on watching recent combo videos because the older ones (2008) have combos that got old and predictable. Smashboards is a good place to study and AllisBrawl is a good place to train. The more you play the more you learn and learning is half the battle :thumbsup:

My advice: go to local tournaments if your really serious about getting better. You gain alot of experience and confidence even if you don't win 1st place. And even if you don't have the time to go to tourneys go on the allisbrawl freeplay chat. That's how I got a match with HolyNightmare and dabuz(arguably THE best ROB and Olimar players in the world, respectively) Fighting them really improved my ROB and Olimar game. Also like GC said read up on your matchups on smashboards and utilize those strategies on allisbrawl

^Hush, I own you! :)

i kid i kid

but yeah what he said. ^__^

oh and, nobody should really take online seriously. There's lots of people that john and get mad when they lose. Its online -_- Offline is where it matters the most.

Dabuz totally beat me with his Olimar but I thought that HolyNightmare mained MK? I know that HugS is considered the best ROB of SoCal.

Yeah if you are serious about learning, Smashboards and AllisBrawl are extremely helpfull.

Who to play tomorrow :idea:

i kid i kid

oh and, nobody should really take online seriously. There's lots of people that john and get mad when they lose. Its online -_- Offline is where it matters the most.

Hahaha long time no see son. Yeah offline > online for sure

Dabuz totally beat me with his Olimar but I thought that HolyNightmare mained MK? I know that HugS is considered the best ROB of SoCal.

Yeah if you are serious about learning, Smashboards and AllisBrawl are extremely helpfull.

Who to play tomorrow

Nah HolyNightmare mains ROB only and didn't know HugS even played brawl lol

Last edited:

i kid i kid

What he/she said.
btw, I noticed your location says Houston, which is where I am. do you know when the next Houston tournament takes place?

My advice: go to local tournaments if your really serious about getting better. You gain alot of experience and confidence even if you don't win 1st place. And even if you don't have the time to go to tourneys go on the allisbrawl freeplay chat. That's how I got a match with HolyNightmare and dabuz(arguably THE best ROB and Olimar players in the world, respectively) Fighting them really improved my ROB and Olimar game. Also like GC said read up on your matchups on smashboards and utilize those strategies on allisbrawl

Yeah, true that. Tournaments make you learn A LOT.

I remember not going to the latest tournament that came my way, and I regretted it quickly. I was actually at the location playing FFA/1v1 friendlies and everything. I just wasn't in the uber competitive mood...but tourneys are one of those moments that don't come by very often, so I should have joined anyway.

As I look back, it's kind of a shame that I would have gotten more competition playing on WiiChat...of all places. No offense to you guys, of course, it's just that offline is where the scene is usually at its most fierce (and is still true, really).

Last edited:

i kid i kid

What he/she said.
btw, I noticed your location says Houston, which is where I am. do you know when the next Houston tournament takes place?
You're in houston? cool.

Hobo19 is going to be on October 3, at Funplex.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8340127#post8340127

^Go there for details.

If you're planning on going, tell me, so we can meet up and play some friendlies. :]

Back