am i racist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has prejudices, you know they have thoughts or conciousness of judging someone or something whether they like it or not, it's a human thing. The difference is acting and believing in these judgements. Technically you kinda acted on it but it was an accident and you don't believe in it.

One time I walked into the black section of The club "espionage" in Aberdeen - walked up to the bar and said "What's up ******?" as a joke to my (white) friend. It was overheard and the whole f*cking bar went quiet... I sheepishly got my coat and just headed out of there... Fun times, fun times.

d_k said:
for saying the N word??

today during class
we were talking about adam and eve
and we were saying how all of us were brothers and what not
so in my mind i was thinking how ****** baybies came about
and well i guess i said it aloud
and well yea i felt bad i dont think i am racist
well i dont have anything against black people
nor with anyother race :aureola:

If you have nothing against other races, then no, you're not a racist. That's just a silly slip of a tongue.

I call my mate Nr all the time as in "Sup nr"

But then of corse I IZ BLACK

I feel if you have to ask yourself that question then you might be. Other wise you would have put no thought into it.

But i respect your question but i don't respect those that responded with jokes cause it aint funny. ****** and ***** are two differnt words that mean two differnt things, if you don't know that than you shouldnt use either.

lets put it in this perspective so you can see why some black americans get mad. Have you had a grandparent, great grandparent, shot, beat raped, or humilatied for doing nothing other than being the color of thier skin? while all this goes on being called a ****** as a word ment to degrade and humiliate. I don't think any man white or black would take the word lightly if they experience that. Same with Jews, but its funny how little white boys and ignorant teens go around and throw the words freely like its a joke.

The word ***** came about when some one decided that he was going to take the word that was ment to do him harm and embrace it as a part of his culture, and use it as a term of expression. but little white boys take it as a way to be rebelious and funny. well i say watch were you say it cause it can get you really F**ked up.(guess thats why its used on the internet, and behind close doors or with those of the same race).

I don't mind the word coming from a white person that understands how to and when not to use it. But from the way that yall have used it and shrugged it off in this thread is not funny, i happen do be a grand child of one of those women that was beat and raped for the color of her skin thus the reason im not as dark as other people in my family. So no i don't think you are a racist but why did it have to be ****** baby when it could have so easily been discribed so differnt? too many that don't understand joke with the word and are ignorant to the fact of the pain that comes from that word when inturn used by a white person. SO if you cant understand that or don't want to just have some common sense and self respect to not use words you don't understand.

Yea this thread needs to be locked because its not going to get taken seriously! some people think its a joke

yungblood6 said:
But i respect your question but i don't respect those that responded with jokes cause it aint funny. ****** and ***** are two differnt words that mean two differnt things, if you don't know that than you shouldnt use either.
See, thats just stupid to me. You're begging someone to call you the N word, because [in majority] white's have ununciate better than black's. I'm not trying to get into anything, but its not like we go around calling people cracker's, and then when a black calls us a 'crackuh' we gang up on him and beat the **** out of him. It just seems like an excuse to beat someone up, to me.

it's offensive yeah (in the same way that I wouldn't wanna hear people calling white people "crackers", but does it make you a racist, I don't think so....black people use it all the time, even some white people (Eminem *LOL*).....as long as you don't have hatred for any one race, then you're not racist....I have some issues with the hardcore black fanatics that hate white people, just like I have a problem with the KKK.......there are problems on both sides in my opinion, and it doesn't look like we're gonna come together anytime soon, so....racism (on BOTH sides) will continue for a long, long time I think.

yungblood6 said:
I feel if you have to ask yourself that question then you might be. Other wise you would have put no thought into it.

lets put it in this perspective so you can see why some black americans get mad. Have you had a grandparent, great grandparent, shot, beat raped, or humilatied for doing nothing other than being the color of thier skin? while all this goes on being called a ****** as a word ment to degrade and humiliate. I don't think any man white or black would take the word lightly if they experience that. Same with Jews, but its funny how little white boys and ignorant teens go around and throw the words freely like its a joke.

The word ***** came about when some one decided that he was going to take the word that was ment to do him harm and embrace it as a part of his culture, and use it as a term of expression. but little white boys take it as a way to be rebelious and funny. well i say watch were you say it cause it can get you really F**ked up.(guess thats why its used on the internet, and behind close doors or with those of the same race).

I don't mind the word coming from a white person that understands how to and when not to use it. But from the way that yall have used it and shrugged it off in this thread is not funny, i happen do be a grand child of one of those women that was beat and raped for the color of her skin thus the reason im not as dark as other people in my family. So no i don't think you are a racist but why did it have to be ****** baby when it could have so easily been discribed so differnt? too many that don't understand joke with the word and are ignorant to the fact of the pain that comes from that word when inturn used by a white person. SO if you cant understand that or don't want to just have some common sense and self respect to not use words you don't understand.

I gotta take a bit offense to this......I totally understand your point believe me, but you lost me at the part about why black people are mad........what the slaves went through was terrible to a point that NONE of us (including black people) can understand....why can't we understand it? Because we didn't go through it....I'm Scottish.....my ancestors were slaughtered at the hands of the English, persecuted for wanting their own land.....do I hold a grudge against modern-day English people? No. What REALLY, really ticks me off is the crowd condoning reperations (spelling), wanting ME to pay for something that white people 200 years ago did....I don't think so.

Other than that, I agree 100% with what you're saying. I don't throw the word ***** or ****** around because it's deragatory, just as "cracker" and words like that are.

LevesqueIsKing said:
See, thats just stupid to me. You're begging someone to call you the N word, because [in majority] white's have ununciate better than black's. I'm not trying to get into anything, but its not like we go around calling people cracker's, and then when a black calls us a 'crackuh' we gang up on him and beat the **** out of him. It just seems like an excuse to beat someone up, to me.

Yep, my point exactly.......reverse racism, it's just as much of a problem as racism is.

yungblood6 said:

said baiscally everything i was gonna say..

but where i am from, if u are white and say that :lol: u better be one fast s.o.b cuz u are a dead man..

Last edited:
the same reason why you don't want any one calling you a craker( i think the word is stupid but ohwell) i don't want people using the n word freely. the same reason mexicans don't like spic and asians don't like chinks, and so forth. Last time i checked my grandmother wasnt a slave and her parents werent either. The Cival rights movement wasnt in slavery times either.

I for one have never held a grudge against white people but at the same time i wouldnt go and disrespect them by saying something i know is going to be disrespectfull. The same should be done with regards to every race. Its not something to joke around with. Its just common sense, and if you don't know that saying that word is going to be disrespectfull than i don't know what shelterd life you have been living in but you need to get in the light.

Thats just like the noose crap that happend earlier kids doing it thought it was funny, they knew how it would make people feel and they did it any way. Started a whole bunch of ****. Then one got his ass severly beat because of it. Its not a game and its not something people should take lightly.

Its just like Jews they were persecuted and discriminated against, its not that they hold a grudge but they dont want to hear your dumb jew jokes being thrown around like its nothing.

To have respect for some one is to not say and do things that you know is going to be held offensive period,black, white, asian, mexican, US, UK, Christian, Jew, Muslim and soforth. Just have common sense you know you shouldnt have used that word because if you didnt there would be no reason to make this thread.

At the same time no it should never come down to violence but thats just the way this world is, and is probley always going to be untill people start having more respect for each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back