Best Edge Guarder?

RockerJ

Still Obsessed with P4
Jan 26, 2009
Yamanote Circle, Tokyo
Wii Online Code
0217-6218-4567-4978
I believe it's Ike. Here's why:

His D-Tilt will send anyone straight down to their death, even if at 0% damage, and his Up+B has a high strike, and can barely be dodged, if you use an air dodge in the right place going over Ike. He comes back down and, guess what, HE EDGE HOGS. It leaves you only your Up+B (if you have one)to get back up.

Who do you think it is?

I'm not talking about the meteor smash, but the d-tilt on the ground. I'll experiment to see if that's correct, though.

Yyy, you're so clueless... :p

Diddy's D-tilt does NOT meteor smash (correct terminology). Simply put.

Ike is definatly not the best edgeguarder. His D-tilt is hard to aim properly due to the start up, and a get up attack can own him as he cools down from the move. His Up B is also a pathetically weak spike, and if air dodged, he's left open.

Meta is the best edge guarder due to the tippered, diagonal-horizontal knockback of his D-tilt, his multiple jumps, his spaced F-air with it's horizontal knockback, his Up B kill move/stage spike, and etc. The reasons go on and on. Meta is the best edge guarder, and that can't be denied, lol.

I knew Meta was king there, but what about just trying to guard it from a standing position? Like Lucas' D Smash.

Crap.. I'm getting stupider by the moment. Excuse my stupidity.

Last edited:
How about mario because in a recent thread mario was discussed is he a good edge gaurd.I know he's not the best but is he good.

... Well, possibly. Mario's edgeguarding (Cape, B-air, and F-air) isn't too varied and can be predictable, but he's great at edgeguarding certain characters, especially someone like Snake. ... Too bad edgeguarding isn't enough to make him Top Tier like Meta.

Then thier would have to be even higher of a tier because most people are decent which would throw low to middle and middle to high.(or high middle)

Yyy, you don't get tiers at all, lol. Tiers measure a character's general capabilities, not how good they are when someone badass uses them. The best player in the world could use Craptain Failcon, but he'd still be bottom tier, lol.

Back