Brawl Tournament

what about the other two hicks?

Brinstar! thats it. for some reason i kept thinking Zebes. thats on the ban list. sorry for confusion

yes for the ban on Port Town and that other stage....must....sleep ~_~

Well, I don't think New Pork has any reason to be banned, but I guess it could be worth a vote if done all at once, considering most people really hate the stage.

New Pork City is a huge stage like Temple, which is already banned, and is camping central. It also has that pink monster thing that OHKOs everything in its path, though it's easy to avoid if it doesn't appear right next to you.

Coneria? Lol.. No. Corneria has been a staple in tournies. Just no. Keep it in.

Yes, Corneria. There's all kinds of hazards there, like lasers, and it has a low ceiling.

Halberd is in the same vote as Corneria, but on a more damaging manner. The damaging properties don't happen often, and the stage is very standard. Even then, the damaging moves rarely land a hit. We could always come up with a rule if the cannon/bombs fly down, players have to seperate and wait for the moves to end before attacking, which makes the fight entirely fair. Even without this rule, Halberd is pretty fair as is.

Too many hazards IMO, including the changing background/platforms. We should at least vote on it.

Just updating..

Port Town.
yes: 6
no:

Flatzone.
yes: 6
no:

Pictochat.
yes: 4
no: 2

copy and paste, adding your answer.

AND WTF. My post count went down by 2?!?! Wtf is that about? I'm not complaining I lost posts, I'm complaining why it happened.. o.o;;

About New Pork City, you've made your point Real-o. I suppose it should be voted on for ban or not.. Camping is the ultimate strategy there, and on occasion that Chimera can make or break a game due to bad luck of it appearing right next to you.

I personally think Corneria and Halberd(maybe)are fine, but I suppose a Halberd vote could be made if anyone else wants a vote and Shadow agrees. Corneria doesn't really need a vote, but same case as Halberd(just less extreme).

Last edited:
after these are done.

the reason New Pork isn't already up there is the same as my arguement against banning the temple. in a 1v1 fight, camping is useless. you can't get far enough away to effectively camp unless your a fast fighter and the eneny is slow as f***

Corneria was for the same reason as CK posted.

Halberd was just never brought up in the discussions me and my buddies had. we overlooked it for the same reason we overlooked a few others: while it has hazards, we find the stages pretty balenced since the hazards are all extremely easy to dodge

Lol that happened to everyone Jon, I meant just now it happened. The post before my previous one was post #151, yet this post is #151 for me.. Creepy. I doubt my posts got deleted...

So Halberd and Corneria are legal for the tourny, Shadow? Or did I somehow misintepret you..

I say keep pictochat in as its one of my random stages and I don't find it a big problem :/ the only hazard that is any real threat is the spike's and you can be cheaply thrown into the flames but they only deal 1% and should be easy enough to get out of.

Foor Flatzone&port town I say Ban as the cars in port town have killid me more then enough times and flatzone is annoying when the zoo stage comes up as you always rebound off the zoo keepers or whatever there supposed to be.

Pictochat:
Yes - 4
No - 4

Port town:
yes - 8
no - 0

Flatzone:
yes - 8
no - 0

Ok.. so.. Continue voting on Picto Chat everyone, yeah? We need to start focusing on voting for Halberd, Coneria, and New Pork City soon as well, yeah?

ONLY VOTE ON PICTOCHAT!
NO OTHER VOTING UNTIL THAT IS DECIDED!

jon please edit your last post

Back