Broken things are broken - welcome to 2008

Feels like WiiChat got hit by the recession on here.

"We're going to have to make some cuts, so everyone new goes" ;)

I'm starting to get used to the new WiiChat. I mean, it was a little weird at first, but now I barely notice it any more. Give it about two weeks, and I bet everything will fade back to normal.

I'm starting to get used to the new WiiChat. I mean, it was a little weird at first, but now I barely notice it any more. Give it about two weeks, and I bet everything will fade back to normal.

yeah and just when you are getting used to it, ion will drop another megaton: "teh wiichat iz getting a facelift, now with 62% less time travel"

i see theres bars under our names, im assuming its the post count/daily activity thing i mentioned, like what 360chat has?

nvm they went away?

Last edited:
How about an actual skin for this skeleton that people were tricked into thinking was an upgrade over a weird bar thing?

I think people take the whole 'i0n being here' or 'i0n not being here' too seriously
Like, don't get me wrong, it's great to know the fellas here updating things, checking things out yada yada and just generally being around. But him not being there isn't like taking insulin from a Diabetic. (i should so be a rapper with my metaphors and similies - which reminds me, Nick collab ogogogo)
Don't get me wrong, it's annoying as knowing that everyones getting bored of the same thing (including myself) with staff leaving and other ****. Jokes aside though, it really isn't that big a deal?

and yes, a debate section seems suitable.

I think people take the whole 'i0n being here' or 'i0n not being here' too seriously
Like, don't get me wrong, it's great to know the fellas here updating things, checking things out yada yada and just generally being around. But him not being there isn't like taking insulin from a Diabetic. (i should so be a rapper with my metaphors and similies - which reminds me, Nick collab ogogogo)
Don't get me wrong, it's annoying as knowing that everyones getting bored of the same thing (including myself) with staff leaving and other ****. Jokes aside though, it really isn't that big a deal?

and yes, a debate section seems suitable.

In b4 lock.
I agree with you.
Certain people keep moaning about him making money off Wiichat, and they feel like they deserve something out of it. Besides, y'know, having the forum to spend hours of your life making thousands of posts in for entertainment purposes.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the downtime this last week.. it's been quite an eventful start to 2009 that's for sure...

At the beginning of last week we suffered some serious technical issues, mainly one of the server's hard drives decided to die..

Annoying yes, but it should have been easily rectified. Well, to cut a long story short we've lost a fair bit of data.. the database backups that i had been keeping had somehow become corrupt and i've ended up spending the best part of the week trying to salvage as much as possible.

So, a lot of you will have lost posts and other information, i'm really sorry about that and can only add that we now have measures in place to guarantee that such a catastrophic failure for backups never happens again.

We are now on a new hosting setup - previously we've had a lot of database lagging and errors at peak times, over the next few days that will be ironed out as our new server home is adapted to better suit our needs.

(previous hosting setup was far from ideal).

There's a lot of broken stuff stylistically too.. i decided to use the downtime to upgrade the forum and give us a fresh new look for 2009.

Also the usual goodies will be returning over the next few hours and i'll be working round the clock to iron out the other bugs.

On the plus side, the forum homepage has been completely re-done and will act as a hub for daily wii news and a round-up of the best from the forum.

There's still a lot to do so i'll check in here later tonight..

Hopefully there's still a few guys around here to reply :ee5k:

Cool story bro, Are you going to be more active now to prevent more failures? Youre harder to find than Amelia Airhart

Any chance on getting the original favicon back?
icon2.png

Right now I have the vbulletin favicon.

Back