icon2.png
icon2.png

icon2.png
icon2.png
icon2.png

icon2.png
icon2.png

icon2.png

rofls, ya i can't decide if i like it or not, but yeah - might give it another go laterssss.

yeah i know, but once the noobs come back it'd be nice to recognize them on the spot and ignore them.

Why shun those who are new to a forum? I'm sure that when you were first getting started using forums etc someone was there to help you out. Now, how would you like it if you joined a community where you were shunned just because you joined later on and or aren't used to posting on a forum?

I know I'm dragging this thread a bit off topic but I just can't seem to understand as to why this needs to be constantly brought up. If you see someone spamming, making inappropriate posts, or threads, just report the user. That, or try to guide the user in the right direction. Don't put them down for making a simple mistake.

Honestly, was there a lot of shunning going on? We didn't treat noobs like outcasts. Post counts make understanding situations much easier.

Why shun those who are new to a forum? I'm sure that when you were first getting started using forums etc someone was there to help you out. Now, how would you like it if you joined a community where you were shunned just because you joined later on and or aren't used to posting on a forum?

I know I'm dragging this thread a bit off topic but I just can't seem to understand as to why this needs to be constantly brought up. If you see someone spamming, making inappropriate posts, or threads, just report the user. That, or try to guide the user in the right direction. Don't put them down for making a simple mistake.

honestly i don't put them down.
i tried to help, most tried to flame me and others just ignored me.
few if any listen, i just don't like when its constantly in my face, that frustrates me.

also how am i to know if they are a noob who needs guiding if it doesn't say a post count??
having a post count affects how you approach people too.

Honestly, was there a lot of shunning going on? We didn't treat noobs like outcasts. Post counts make understanding situations much easier.

Never said there was much shunning going on. I was just replying to his post on constantly ignoring the "newbies". And yes, I slightly miss the visible post count.

Postcount was cool. But like Matt said, friend count is the new post count.

Those are two completely different things that explain two completely different aspects of a person.

Oh, hush. You and Carlisle are just going to rule the forum, if that's the case.

Hahaha, exactly.

Anyone else think it's ironic that reputation has returned?

Nice one Mikey.

Hiding the post-count isn't going to stop the spam, but instead create a new form of spam.

Cause then you'll just get the spamming knucklehead who goes around spamming our profiles with "ACCEPT MY FRIND REQUEST!!! PLZ!!! KTHX! :D" till they get like 100 friends..

It's already happened before, this will only encourage it more. Behooold, the new age of spam!

Ah well, atleast we can flex our muscles of intimidation again with our returning Rep Bars.

Back