Do Zelda adventures have an order?

Booo67

Mar 16, 2009
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
This questions really puzzling me, for one thing different Zelda games are coming out as Link as a child or Adult in a mixed order and also for example some games show the green tunic being achieved in different ways. So does the series have an order? Or is it just all random?

Last edited:
This explains it all

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHIP9UtkQDQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

there is no true timeline(except for OoT-WW-PH) Nintendo has yet to reveal a timeline or any indication of a true timeline. other than those three, no zelda is related to another zelda.

though multiple fan theories have popped up over the years that give zelda a timeline, though its all really just rumors and beliefs as nothing concrete has been announced

I think of it a bit like The Simpsons and South Park- you kind of fit some of them into a vague timeline, but the makers don't really care about continuity that much and would rather concentrate on each game's internal story.

No real chronilogical order, just a bunch of guys in each game that were the same exact tunic if you pay attention.

I think of it a bit like The Simpsons and South Park- you kind of fit some of them into a vague timeline, but the makers don't really care about continuity that much and would rather concentrate on each game's internal story.
'So we have the original game. A sequel to the game. A prequel to the game. A sequel to the prequel. A prequel to the sequel. An alternative reality, and a sequel to that alternative reality.'

It seems almost that there is an order, they just come out randomly.:confused:

Last edited:
The Zelda timeline is constantly being debated by fans and experts alike. Nobody knows what the true timeline is but it has been confirmed that there IS an order. I've thought about it a lot and have a possible order in mind but it takes a long time to explain so...no.

The Zelda timeline is constantly being debated by fans and experts alike. Nobody knows what the true timeline is but it has been confirmed that there IS an order. I've thought about it a lot and have a possible order in mind but it takes a long time to explain so...no.
Thats what I thought.

i don't know where you get your info, but you should tell them to get there facts straight. there has never been any official mention or confirmation of a timeline. except for OoT to WW to PH

i don't know where you get your info, but you should tell them to get there facts straight. there has never been any official mention or confirmation of a timeline. except for OoT to WW to PH

Oot as in Ocarina of Time?

yes. Wind Waker is confirmed to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time. and Phantom Hourglass starts off by recapping WW because it actually uses the same people in the beginning

Bro, don't think about the legend of zelda games like that. The developers didn't give a **** which order they were in. That's how it's meant to be played. treat them like single editions; not prequels, sequels, or whatever the **** you wanna call it. I've heard many many times that the only reason why they sometimes try to give a timeline is when there's pressure from the fans. Don't worry about it.

I've been looking for more quotes to support what I have said but here is just one example: "Miyamoto’s right hand man, Eiji Aonuma, came right out and said Four Swords was 'the oldest tale in the Zelda Timeline.'"

I do believe Iwata confirmed something at another point but I'm looking for that and other quotes as we speak.

yes. Wind Waker is confirmed to be a sequel to Ocarina of Time. and Phantom Hourglass starts off by recapping WW because it actually uses the same people in the beginning
I thought MM was the sequel to OoT.

Back