Does God exist?

yeah, its an old joke. but have any of you ever actually been kicked out for doing that? i did, but it was my friends fault. her OCD, everything had to be organized. i mention that joke to her and instantly her OCD made her go and do it. she still refuses to go near bookstores cause as soon as she sees a bible, she'll move it.

@S.S.: I cannot find an experiment to where it proves evolution occurred.

I told you, there are many things that point to evolution, but they are not 100% proven simply because we don't understand everything yet. We're not perfect. And we're still learning. And experimenting. Textbooks teach people how to learn for themselves. The Bible tries to tell people exactly what to believe and how to behave. What the eff kind of BS is that?

@S.S.: I cannot find an experiment to where it proves evolution occurred.

I told you, there are many things that point to evolution, but they are not 100% proven simply because we don't understand everything yet. We're not perfect. And we're still learning. And experimenting. Textbooks teach people how to learn for themselves. The Bible tries to tell people exactly what to believe and how to behave. What the eff kind of BS is that?

And there has been stuff on TV where scientists show how biblical stuff can, will, and have happened.

Yes, the bible tells us what exactly to believe. That is exactly why there are 33,820 different denominations.

@Shadow: He just posted how exactly the "Big Bang" could have happened.

didn't Napalm post about an expierament that proved evolution 2 or 3 pages ago?

I believe he did. And Rocker, don't believe it just because it's on TV: there was also a priest on there that explained why Pokemon is teaching our youth to learn witchcraft.

Funny how it's usually religious zealots spouting the bullshit eh?

So, age makes it different? Last I checked, we say Galileo found all of his stuff, and we still use the Mayan's findings(2600[BC] to 250[AD]), so why should age mater?

There's no piece of ancient scripture describing modern-day science. Science, and our knowledge of science, is constantly shifting, growing and changing as we discover more and correct/integrate previous knowledge. It's all part of the scientific method. All scientists' claims must be verified independently before they are accepted by the scientific community. That's very different from blindly believing a book written thousands of years ago.

didn't Napalm post about an expierament that proved evolution 2 or 3 pages ago?

I believe he did. And Rocker, don't believe it just because it's on TV: there was also a priest on there that explained why Pokemon is teaching our youth to learn witchcraft.

Funny how it's usually religious zealots spouting the bullshit eh?

That's one of the 30+ thousand beliefs. I don't understand it, so I don't follow that.

And it's not like they just said "we proved it..." They showed how, etc.

Napalmbrain's post you've been talking about:

Napalmbrain said:
You keep asking for evidence for evolution, so I'll tell you about a truly brilliant experiment showing it in action: for a little over 20 years now, Richard Lenski and his team have been observing 12 groups of E. coli bacteria all kept in a lab. Every so often, they take a small sample from each group and freeze them, allowing them to keep a genetic record which can be analysed at any time. At some point, one of these groups evolved the ability to utilise citrate, something which E. coli cannot normally do. So they unfroze some of the samples from that group's past. They discovered that the more recent unfrozen samples also evolved the citrate-utilising ability, but the earlier ones didn't. Unfrozen samples from the other groups didn't produce the ability. It turns out that the ability was caused by mutations of two particular genes. The earlier samples didn't have either mutation, while the more recent ones had one of the mutations, so they were more likely to evolve the ability because they only needed one mutation. So not only had they observed evolution in the lab, but they knew approximately when that group evolved the ability, and what caused it.

There's really no point in arguing. RockerJ, I'm sure if you actually knew anything about evolution you'd be more willing to accept it.

Nah. I wouldn't. I just don't agree with that idea. It's the hole in me that knows we weren't just some accident.

But that still doesn't explain macro-evolution. Sure, I'm not denying that. I'm just in 100% belief that God does exist, etc.

Last edited:
Nah. I wouldn't. I just don't agree with that idea. It's the whole in me that knows we weren't just some accident.

Well if you choose to remain delusional, there are many people who believe in both the theory of evolution and God. They don't have to be mutually exclusive.

And, I'm sorry to say it, but in modern-day society, to take the Bible 100% literally is appearing more and more idiotic.

You keep asking for evidence for evolution, so I'll tell you about a truly brilliant experiment showing it in action: for a little over 20 years now, Richard Lenski and his team have been observing 12 groups of E. coli bacteria all kept in a lab. Every so often, they take a small sample from each group and freeze them, allowing them to keep a genetic record which can be analysed at any time. At some point, one of these groups evolved the ability to utilise citrate, something which E. coli cannot normally do. So they unfroze some of the samples from that group's past. They discovered that the more recent unfrozen samples also evolved the citrate-utilising ability, but the earlier ones didn't. Unfrozen samples from the other groups didn't produce the ability. It turns out that the ability was caused by mutations of two particular genes. The earlier samples didn't have either mutation, while the more recent ones had one of the mutations, so they were more likely to evolve the ability because they only needed one mutation. So not only had they observed evolution in the lab, but they knew approximately when that group evolved the ability, and what caused it.
there you go. proof for evolution

Back