Does God exist?

I'm not seeing enough evidence on evolution's side to convince me. And I went to my local creation museum a few times, and it brought up good points. So with each side split, is it wrong for me to go with my gut?

Lol, a little late Shadow. And that proves microevolution by the way, I guess I haven't been specific enough. Of course minor alterations can happen, but us from bacteria? I think not.

But that still doesn't explain macro-evolution.

Lol, macroevolution takes thousands and thousands of years. You're still clutching onto that though, eh? Scientists can't observe things (with results) that take thousands of years to evolve in a laboratory. Understandably. So the smaller-scaled experiments, such as the one on the E. coli bacteria are used.

Even so. Macroevolution can be investigated through fossil records, etc. But hey, I'm not here to educate you. If you're keen on actually learning something, read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

If not, then live in ignorance. But, if you do choose to live in ignorance, don't try to argue.

I guess you people just think God is a moron? That's what I'm getting out of this.

But you all do have some good points, I'm gonna speak with my pastor about this. I'm sure you won't mind. I'll feed you all the answers so you all can talk about how stupid he is.

Lol, macroevolution takes thousands and thousands of years. You're still clutching onto that though, eh? Scientists can't observe things (with results) that take thousands of years to evolve in a laboratory. Understandably. So the smaller-scaled experiments, such as the one on the E. coli bacteria are used.

Even so. Macroevolution can be investigated through fossil records, etc. But hey, I'm not here to educate you. If you're keen on actually learning something, read:

If not, then live in ignorance. But, if you do choose to live in ignorance, don't try to argue.

You know, on one of my other forums we have a "Thank" button for just such an occasion as this. Perhaps something to suggest to the admins...

Anyways, this post is something you should seriously consider before attempting to continue the argument my friend.

EDIT: Wait...what? I dunno about anyone else but I'm saying he doesn't exist @_@

You know, on one of my other forums we have a "Thank" button for just such an occasion as this. Perhaps something to suggest to the admins...

Anyways, this post is something you should seriously consider before attempting to continue the argument my friend.

I'm reading it now. It's extremely boring, I'm not gonna lie.

I personally try to add a scientific twist to the bible, and I will say that I don't take every little thing literally.

I guess you people just think God is a moron? That's what I'm getting out of this.

I personally don't believe in God. If he existed though, he certainly wouldn't be a moron. With all of the things that he's supposed to have done. However, I don't see how the existence of God could disprove the theory of evolution. Like I said, the two are certainly not mutually exclusive. I have many religious friends who've taken up evolutionary studies, and accept the concepts, whether they're all part of God's plan or whatever.

RockerJ said:
But you all do have some good points, I'm gonna speak with my pastor about this. I'm sure you won't mind. I'll feed you all the answers so you all can talk about how stupid he is.

Great. Speak with your pastor. And your biology teacher. I think it's important to actually know things - both sides - before you come to a conclusion. I guarantee you, you're far more likely to be right if you do this than to simply "go with your gut".

Dude, you don't want me to speak with her(she's a pretty big Christian). She'll just harm your side, I know she will.

Chuck Norris doesn't need a religion, HE IS A RELIGION! :lol: Srry for the randomness, but I can totally see a spammer saying that in some twisted way. I'm liking what S.S suggested to me while backs ago, the Intelligent Design, where evolution is real, it's just part of God's plan. I will look onto this futher :yesnod:

It's extremely boring, I'm not gonna lie.

So is arguing with a brick wall.

RockerJ said:
Dude, you don't want me to speak with her(she's a pretty big Christian). She'll just harm your side, I know she will.

You can't disprove logic. Science is logic. If she could find a logical fallacy in the theory of evolution, then the theory would be moot.

I can't go with intelligent, for the fact that God was said to creat us in "His own image". If he created us, why would it be through all those processes? Wouldn't it just be though one?

@And Then?: What I'm saying is that she wouldn't teach me much stuff about evolution with no God, but rather just God or evolution with God, and I'm not looking for those.

http://www.reasonablefaith.org/site/PageServer

Last edited:
I can't go with intelligent, for the fact that God was said to creat us in "His own image". If he created us, why would it be through all those processes? Wouldn't it just be though one?

@And Then?: What I'm saying is that she wouldn't teach me much stuff about evolution with no God, but rather just God or evolution with God, and I'm not looking for those.

The Bible also ages the world at about 6000 years.

And that's your decision to make as to whether you believe in a higher power. I'm just saying, you shouldn't have to choose between God and science.

The Bible also ages the world at about 6000 years.

Actually, that isn't said in the bible. A man claims that he counted back all the ancestry, but that was recent.

And I'm glad one person, out of everyone that's tried to argue, has actually made since. I have a hard time finding it out of anyone else, not saying you didn't know anything S.S.

No worries, different people understand different things. What I say may get through to one person and not to the next. I'm glad AndThen? was able to voice our opinions in a way that you were able to understand. Perhaps if I had told you that I used to be Christian and then why I am no longer you would have understood better simply because you didn't see me as just being a God hater or something like that. As an example of course, I have no idea what you actually think about anything I said ;P

Back