DS vs PSP survey

WIIDS2

WiiChat Member
Nov 23, 2007
Which one is better? (Not to choose sides) I think the DS is a little bit better........ than the PSP, but the PSP is still Good.
This is a survey about everyones thoughts.

Not to take sides? Isn't that the point of a survey?

For honest people, the DS is good, clean, cheap fun.

For dishonest people, the PSP has movies, mp3 player, and can emulate.

I'd say it depends on what you're after. For homebrew, emulating, and such, PSP. For better games and more unique experiences, DS. I only have a DS and I have to say I personally prefer it. I had a blast playing Kirby Superstar on a friend's PSP though. I've only played two full games on the PSP that were actually for the PSP (GTA and Syphon Filter) and found neither to be very entertaining. I've also played the demo of Loco Roco; that, on the other hand, was awesome.

can we stop with this question...use the search function

the PSP and the DS are amazing handhelds. each has its own unique features.

they cannot be compared side by side

I, for a long time only owned a PSP, however after a while i realized i had to have a DS because of pokemon,zelda,mario kart...all the Nintendo originals

so my conclusion was to own both, and now i do

PSP+DS= total possibly enjoyment in handheld mode

Also.... when I said "(Not to choose sides)" i ment Me! I dont want to choose a side.

The DS has a far better range of popular multiplayer/wi-fi games with deep communities which the PSP does not. Gaming to me is about multiplayer and imo there's not enough depth/competition with the PSP and it's mostly based on average single player games. This is the reason why I'm not too much of a PS1/2/3 fan as that was the main concept of their franchise, especially having the first 2 consoles with only two slots.

PSP has movies, music and pictures, but with something like the R4 so can the DS and iirc DS+R4 is still cheaper than a PSP which has emulation towards DS games themselves.

Yeah so for me I think the DS is far better than the PSP.

i cant really say. psp is cooler in general with the graphics and music, etc., but ds has funner games.

ugh not another thread about this. . . well I'll post anyway.

The DS is one of the best systems I have ever owned. It has an incredible library of games, and it is the most innovative system I've ever used. Bringing touch screen technology into the portable gaming market was an ingenious move.

Even funner to play than the Wii IMO.

and the psp. . . . do you really need a $200-$400 portable system that does everything but cure cancer? The library of games is also a bit lacking.

The psp is a freakin joke, it takes all the good things out of a portable system, heck its barely portable, its annoying to carry around and is just a hassle to play. It takes too dam long to load anything, and while it has its advantages I don't think it can compete with the DS.

DS Lite/Phat = One of the best gaming experiences out there

This thread has been done to death, There is no definite better hand held, Different people like them for different reasons. I prefer the DS but someone else might like the PSP more, Neither of us is wrong or right its personal preference.

Personally i prefer the PSP over the DS because i played it to the point of it being worn out and having to go buy a new one. DS is fun and all but i got tired of most of the games having too much to do with the touch screen, the official online play was fun for a bit too until a bunch of cheaters came. There aren't as many great games for the PSP but so far my favorite has been the monster hunter games. I put around 475 hours on part 1 and 300 on part 2, which is why the thing got worn out in the first place. The great drawback on PSPs is there is no official online play, but you can still play online with other people through the use of tunneling programs if you care to go through the trouble. I tried out xlink kai and i have to say, monster hunter online was great, not many cheaters and even if there were, they werent much of a problem as its only one quest and you'll end up doing hundreds. Can't wait until monster hunter 3 comes out on wii!

*sighs* PSP and DS are different,yes. PSP isn't much gaming,but does have alot of media player stuff. it's fun if you want take a small PC,that isn't a Laptop/etc.

DS is a gaming console. but it can also have media player stuff,with the right 3parties upgrades, both can be matched,but i would say over all.DS takes the top. PSP is by sony,and sony only. Nintendo gives alot of 3rd party upgrades, and that what gives Nintendo the ability to have more stuff,in just gaming.

Back