Favourite Console (-Wii)

nobody has seemed to mention the dreamcast... ah well, not really surprised.

10 reasons the dreamcast was awesome [in no particular order]

1) power stone series
2) jet grind radio
3) PSO
4) samba de amigo
5) awesome VMUs
6) Soul calibur
7) Ikaruga
8) Skies of Arcadia
9) Shenmue
10) Capcom Vs snk / Marvel Vs capcom 2

the wii will probably be one of the best new ideas for a system in recent time, causing a pardigm shift, but since it's new, and not a lot of AAA titles released for it, it hasent earned my "ITZ TEH BEST SYSTEM EVAR!!!11" award.

edit: to reply to the both of you two speaking of the gamecube, you guys missed somthing. the gamecube was probably one of the most successful systems of last gen. think i'm lying? lemme explain:

Most consoles now a days are made at a loss [which means they are sold for less money than they cost to make], which means they are pretty much burning a hole in the pocket of the people who made them until a lot of games are sold.

for example, [take these statistics with a mild grain of salt, i'm doing them off the top of my head and oversimplifying], last i heard a regular blu-ray player costs about $1000. the ps3 is selling at around $600. that's selling the console at ~$400 loss.

back on topic, the ps2/xbox were both sold at a loss, where as the gamecube wasent.

since nintendo did not lose one cent on anything they made, i have a sneaking suspicion that even though they were rank #3 in the war, they probably made the most profit.

and for the record: the reason i bought my wii as soon as i could [waited outside for it] was so i could use it as a gamecube now, and as a wii later when a couple more games come out for it

Last edited:
Intersesting angle, Monogatari. Nice post, makes me think of Nintendo as being less losers than I thought with the Gamecube and N64.

Oh, for me, hands down on the NES and N64. NES was the system that started it for Nintendo and had many sucessful games like Duckhunt and the first games in the Super Mario Series. Same with the N64, great games and more possibilities. Some great N64 games:

Automobili Lamborghini
Super Mario 64
Star Fox 64

Monogatari said:
nobody has seemed to mention the dreamcast... ah well, not really surprised.

10 reasons the dreamcast was awesome [in no particular order]

1) power stone series
2) jet grind radio
3) PSO
4) samba de amigo
5) awesome VMUs
6) Soul calibur
7) Ikaruga
8) Skies of Arcadia
9) Shenmue
10) Capcom Vs snk / Marvel Vs capcom 2

the wii will probably be one of the best new ideas for a system in recent time, causing a pardigm shift, but since it's new, and not a lot of AAA titles released for it, it hasent earned my "ITZ TEH BEST SYSTEM EVAR!!!11" award.

edit: to reply to the both of you two speaking of the gamecube, you guys missed somthing. the gamecube was probably one of the most successful systems of last gen. think i'm lying? lemme explain:

Most consoles now a days are made at a loss [which means they are sold for less money than they cost to make], which means they are pretty much burning a hole in the pocket of the people who made them until a lot of games are sold.

for example, [take these statistics with a mild grain of salt, i'm doing them off the top of my head and oversimplifying], last i heard a regular blu-ray player costs about $1000. the ps3 is selling at around $600. that's selling the console at ~$400 loss.

back on topic, the ps2/xbox were both sold at a loss, where as the gamecube wasent.

since nintendo did not lose one cent on anything they made, i have a sneaking suspicion that even though they were rank #3 in the war, they probably made the most profit.

and for the record: the reason i bought my wii as soon as i could [waited outside for it] was so i could use it as a gamecube now, and as a wii later when a couple more games come out for it

Nice to hear somebody say dreamcast, but i just wanted to correct you the Drive itself isnt 1000 so they prolly dont lose 400 on PS3s. And PS2 has Made ALOT of profit over 120 Mil consoles sold. Anyways Nice somebody is backing the Cube and ya man Dreamcast is awesome. I hope they make a Shenmue on Wii!!

Back