Feminism- your views

navarre said:
Whats are your views on feminism?

Hmm, I suppose feminism is good in mild doses, but extreme feminists make themselves out to be justs as sexist as the people they're fighting against.

Discuss.

I don't have much against feminism, I only put my foot down against it when it's taken too far. Especially when they're trying to get something across with it, but are ignorantly doing it without an open mind (such as the portrayal of women in video games) . But yeah, I'm all for equal rights for women and other people.

Last edited:
argh i hate feminists

"that woman in that video game is too attractive"

that may not be the exact words they use, but it's annoying nonetheless, i mean every guy in all the video games are bulked up

it's like someone going into a restaurant and yelling that their racist for waiting 30 seconds to seat them, as opposed to the 20 seconds to seat the people in front of them

mushroomedmario said:
argh i hate feminists

"that woman in that video game is too attractive"

that may not be the exact words they use, but it's annoying nonetheless, i mean every guy in all the video games are bulked up

it's like someone going into a restaurant and yelling that their racist for waiting 30 seconds to seat them, as opposed to the 20 seconds to seat the people in front of them

Yeah, some of them let their personal feelings get in the way and do the talking, instead of using logical sense.

Eh, I hate feminism in all it's forms. They shall be our slaves for eternity.

Gender equality...go for it. Just stop all this Affirmative Action shizzle (and give it back to the Asians like it's supposed to)

I think feminsim contradicts itself. Why do they fight for equality of one group of people? Surely, if you're going to fight for equality, you fight for equality of all groups of people? Feminism is a fight against stupidity, not against men.

feminists are dumb. period. they dont want to be treated the same. they want to be treated as if they are better. they say that women can do anything a man can. sure i can understand that. but god forbid a man do what a woman does. if they do, they are being sexist. they want men to treat women the same but when guys are talking to eachother, it can get pretty offensive and most women wouldnt want to hear it. men and women are different. something men do women shouldnt and vice versa. say there is a 300 pound box to lift. would you go for 2 guys or 2 women? say you need a babysitter for you 8 year old daughter. would you hire a man or woman?

I have no views on the matter...

But Waluigi STRONGLY disapproves of feminism.

Meh, I don't really have a big problem with feminism. As long as they're campaigning for gender equality rather than "positive discrimination", I'm fine with it.

Mitch2025 said:
feminists are dumb. period. they dont want to be treated the same. they want to be treated as if they are better. they say that women can do anything a man can. sure i can understand that. but god forbid a man do what a woman does. if they do, they are being sexist. they want men to treat women the same but when guys are talking to eachother, it can get pretty offensive and most women wouldnt want to hear it. men and women are different. something men do women shouldnt and vice versa. say there is a 300 pound box to lift. would you go for 2 guys or 2 women? say you need a babysitter for you 8 year old daughter. would you hire a man or woman?

QFT

My views are in that quote.

Mitch2025 said:
say there is a 300 pound box to lift. would you go for 2 guys or 2 women? say you need a babysitter for you 8 year old daughter. would you hire a man or woman?

That might be funny to watch.

See, what'd happen with the two women going to lift the box is that they'd get some guys to do it.

And a man babysitting the 8-year old daughter... HARHAR.
It's more like the man watching TV while the 8-year old daughter fends for herself.

But my views:
Phooey on feminism.

I believe that some feminists may tend to take it a bit too far. Although, I'm all for equal pay for equal work.

yeah, but the issue w/ pay and insurance is reasonable. women don't get hired because they get pregnant. old men dont get insurance because they have heart attacks.

Mitch2025 said:

it's pretty obvious
VirginBuff1.jpg

Young-father_with_baby.jpeg

I don't really know how I feel about feminism, to be honest.
I don't just support women's rights, I support civil rights in general. It shouldn't stop at gender. If you're going to get on your proverbial soapbox and protest for rights, don't leave anyone out. Don't just be self-interested.

I guess I've never felt...unequal, really, due to my gender.
I grew up in a household of all women + my father, who treated my mom like a queen and my sisters' and I like princesses. My mom didn't cook or clean (nor did my father...both parents were busy so outside assistance for that stuff was required), so my sisters and I weren't brought up with that inherantly (arguably) female "domestic" quality that feminists have such disdain for and revolt against.

I don't even have the capacity to find scantily clad women in videogames or music videos offensive. It's not something that would EVER cross my mind. So anything like that, or what I talked about above that feminists protest...I honestly can't understand. I can appreciate and respect their arguments, but I can't comprehend them.

There are definitely differences between women and men, though. I can only feel safe in the presence of a man (which means I never feel safe). I could take a self defense class from today until the day I die, and not feel protected enough to, well, be okay. I guess feminists would be upset with me for that.

Okay, I'm gonna stop blabbing now D:
To summarize, I've never felt discriminated against to my knowledge based on my gender, so I can't really "feel" feminism.
I've been discriminated against based on my age, ethnicity, and sexuality.

Last edited:
Back