For the ones that appreciate good literature

Whoops said:
Whats everyones most embarassing book they have read?

For me its got to be Bridget Jones Diary the second book i think it was. I never watched the films and it was only because i was waiting for the water to heat up for a shower that i started to read it. And oddly it was a good book.
Chicken Soup for the Soul. If seen reading that at school, I'd probably die of embarrassment (the people I know are immature, and the cover isn't exactly "manly", lol). But it helps with stress, so meh.

Although I enjoyed Cell, I felt as if it was too much like The Birds. In a way it was the exact same thing.

But still a good book.

(I haven't read too many books as of late though)

I highly recommend the following,

Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes
East of Eden, John Steinbeck
Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card
The Counte of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas

Skorp said:
I highly recommend the following,

Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes
East of Eden, John Steinbeck
Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card
The Counte of Monte Cristo, Alexander Dumas

The remake of The Counte of Monte Cristo was brilliant it was a really well done film.

Whoops said:
The remake of The Counte of Monte Cristo was brilliant it was a really well done film.

One of my favorite movies, but the book is sooo much better, I **** you not.

I didn't read many of the above posts. I like reading but much of what you listed seems of a higher caliber than my grade level.

Although, when it comes to reading, I like books that challenge my thinking. I am also interested in the military so I recommend Sun Tzu: The Art of War, or Night by E. Wiesel (i think it's spelt that way)

ARav989 said:
I didn't read many of the above posts. I like reading but much of what you listed seems of a higher caliber than my grade level.

Although, when it comes to reading, I like books that challenge my thinking. I am also interested in the military so I recommend Sun Tzu: The Art of War, or Night by E. Wiesel (i think it's spelt that way)

I highly recommend Flowers for Algernon, that'll make you think, not a hard read, but very thought provoking.

Ahhh Flowers for Algernon..Such a good book. I seen the movie as well. The man who plays Charlie Gordon is an amazing actor.

Speaking of philosophy, going to read The Art of War.

i am all about the classics. HG wells, to kiill a mocking bird, the lord of the flies (favourite) and dan brown

vashivihan said:
to kiill a mocking bird, the lord of the flies (favourite)

Definitely good books, I never consider the ones we read in school cause they lose their appeal when you're forced to read them. At least for me thats how it is. I feel like you need catcher in the rye on that list haha. Luckily I read that and lord of the flies on my own time, to kill a mockingbird is ruined for me forever.

these are some of my all time favorites..

-Alice in wonderland and through the looking glass
-The Harry Potter series
-The Chronicles of narnia series
-Sherlock Holmes

I've gotten into the Odd Thomas Seires by Dean Koontz.

I've read the first and second, and will begin the third sometime or later.

The first was the better though. The second seemed rushed.

Back