Goldeneye hate about something topic

Well, what can I say. Sometimes, if the lag is bad enough, it is just an accomplishment to even go positive in a match when hosting. I think most people in the community will agree - hosting is usually a disadvantage for the player. I know this well, since I will usually host over 99% of the people I come across. Unfortunately, not sure why, this game absolutely LOVES my connection and will go out of its way to make me host...ALL the time. It's also an interesting coincidence that there are only about 3 or 4 players in the community that WILL host over me usually - and they are all faqs board members.

The debate of SKILL vs. CONNECTION has been going on a long time. At this point, if you are an "average" player... connection > skill. From hosting so much, I've experienced enough bad things and seen enough videos of people getting melee'd from 30 virtual feet away and shot through walls to finally acknowledge it.

One of my favorite videos:
[video=youtube;zqRN1RIJQcs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqRN1RIJQcs[/video]

Last edited:
you are right about that last night i hade the worst connection ever even tho i was doing fine but what i didnt get that in archives my connection was perfect even tho there were alot of explosions and boming it was fine but when i went to a big map it lag so much i felt like i was going to trow my gamecube controller to the screen o and the controller wont work anymore so im having a hard time right now

:)
I think on the flip-side, achieving the guns as a new playing working your way up has its positives too. I'm testing all the guns available and maxing the achievement challenges on them for extra XP. Some guns are a pain but I get a feel for what I like and dislike. If someone hacks their guns, they don't then have any experience with the said gun initially, or with any of the other guns. Hacking a good gun is all fair and well but if you can't aim with it then it's a hopeless endeavor. I'm level 21 now though and almost all the challenges I can do right now are almost completed except from pistols and frivolous accalades.
Just need a few more kills with a shotgun and that's all my primary weapons' challenges done but sadly I don't unlock another gun until a few more levels, which means I'll have no challenges to do. I suppose I will have the opportunity to go back to the guns I liked though.
Right now I'm playing the GoldenEye mode and I'm finding it fantastic because if I see someone hacking a satellite, I switch to my pistol and kill them; and this helps me get those pistol challenges done. I've tried the Golden Gun mode but it seems to be very hard, and I could be #1 and then a minute later be #4 and it's just a big scramble

patroit that idea about pistol in goldeneye just let me think im going to have to do that in the game and also me and jamesond played a game with hackers then later after he left i found them again but i pissed them of since we hade unlimited granades i trew them everywhere and they could kill me i got a 14 kill they quit after what i did

One thing I find interesting is the hack that can kill a whole team as soon as you starts. (Don't get me wrong I hate it but still kinda cool too...)

I was playing earlier for hours and must have had 5 games proper.
Goldeneye mode today was full of hackers with golden bullets.
Goldengun had some guy with a submachine gun shooting golden bullets aswell.
Playing goldeneye with my team being the weaker team and of course there's 2 level 56 bitches hiding at camping spots surrounded by proxies. Then one guy who was on my team seemed to have unlimited proxies.
Today my wii froze during and after a lot of games and my kills weren't counted, and then a plethora of host quitters.
Very bad day for goldeneye today. My guess is because it's Monday there are probably a lot of middle aged loser nerds with no school and no job and sit around on GE all day exploiting the game and boosting up their account by facing off against noobs with their masties and unlimited proxies. Very frustrating day for GE.

How about going 22-6 in TC, only to lose the match 40-24. Yeah, my mates went 2-34. Obviously, the other team wasn't that great to begin with, so I question if anyone on my team was even trying. I found one guy more than once running in a corner, looking up and down the wall. *facepalm*

I hate it when that happens when I'm playing goldeneye while I'm hacking my team mates pass by me while another guy is shooting at me like wtf then in one my team wasent even trying and I hade to do all of it

Back