Gunslingers ~ The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults

The WiiU has finally been launched, and, with it, so has the Wii U edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2!

If you are a fellow adult, parent, and/or mature, casual gamer looking for a Wii U clan for Black Ops 2, you were welcome to join the Gunslingers!

Lock 'N Load, Nintendo Gamers!

The Wii U Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
http://www.gunslingergaming.com

On behalf of the Gunslingers, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Eat too much turkey.
Watch too much football.
Banter with too many relatives.
And be thankful for all of the above.

The Nintendo Wii U Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Adult Gamers.

The weekend is coming to an end. Time for another work week. Time for another round of pretending to like your boss. It also means less time to enjoy the Nintendo Wii U. That is why we in the Gunslingers clan have decided to show our grey hair and give another opportunity to sneak in some retro gaming while at the workplace by celebrating Q*Bert's 30th anniversary. GS members, while unable to get in-game, can try to get and hold the highscore in this arcade classic. The member who holds the highscore at the end of December 15th receives a custom GS Forum title. Find out more about the event here:
http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=223&t=11385

Outside of work, however, I will see you all on the battlefield! :D

Gunslingers - The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Adults.

endoftheworldfrostypints-1.jpg

Gunslinger Newsletter for Week of 12/12/12
:

Christmas is almost here. It is easy to get caught up on shopping and making holiday plans, which is why you haven't seen a Gunslinger update here for a few weeks. That, however, does not mean there is nothing to report. Quite the opposite. In fact, the following list is a quick breakdown of all the updates that have occurred within the Gunslingers---the most active clan for older parent and adult gamers:

New Members: In November, GS hit a membership milestone by having our 5,000th adult gamer join our posse. The dynamite keeps booming throughout December. Since the 5K mark made on November 16th, 195 fellow mature, casual gamers have signed up with the Gunslingers. If you are an older gamer looking for a like-minded, laid-back gaming experience with folks your own age, come join the rest of us at GS!

Wii-U Support: The Gunslingers are representing older gamers on the Wii-U since the system's launch day. To reflect that, we have added Nintendo Network ID fields to everyone's profiles on the GunslingerGaming.com forums, added Wii-U topic icons as an option while posting, and we have revamped our Game Specific Chat to include one exclusively for Nintendo gamers. These updates are, of course, in addition to our Wii-U specific Master Lists added to the site that make it easier to swap game contacts. Whether you are an older gamer who bought the Wii-U for yourself or simply logging in some personal gaming time on the system you have bought for your children, you are welcome to do so with the Gunslingers!

Updated Chats: Our custom Chat page that allows you to correspond in the general GS chat while still exploring more specific genres of gaming discussions in our other chatrooms has been given an update. Now, via a drop-down menu, you can choose from chats specializing in Xbox360, PS3, PC, Nintendo, Action/Adventure, Shooters, Retro, Sports, Role Playing, and Racing. Everything about GS is about giving you everything you need to make gaming a social experience regardless of your unique gaming schedule. Being a group comprised of adults, we all fully appreciate the fact that our free time is quite limited. Come chat it up!

Updated GS Jukebox: You probably have looked at a few clan or gaming community sites in your time. You may have noticed a pattern. Some (perhaps many) of them feature some sort of on-site playlist of music that you can listen to. The Gunslingers also have such a playlist, but with a unique twist. With GS, our entire jukebox is comprised with music written and/or composed by fellow Gunslinger members. That is one of the great things about being in a group for adult gamers. We bring folks from around the world, from different backgrounds, and wielding different talents. Now, you can listen to some of the musicians that have joined Gunslingers more readily with our new version of the GS Jukebox. Visit any of our GS Chat pages to try it out!

MP3 Support in Forums: Speaking of music, Gunslinger members are now able to post direct links to MP3 files in their posts and have them show up as mini music players. No downloading necessary, and it is a great way to share in our tastes in music in a more convenient manner. Take a look how it works at a sample topic I created: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11587

New Arcade Games Added: We are keeping to our tradition of adding new games to the Gunslinger Arcade every week. Since last noted in this thread, Gunslinger members can add the following games to the list of installs they can play while the boss isn't looking: Knight Rider, Chap Hai Wildsnake, Jungle Quest, Mario & Friends Tower Defense, and Counterstrike!

End of the World Frosty Pints Event: Having some fun with the supposed foretold end of the world, we are having a special edition of our infamous Frosty Pints tradition on December 14th and 15th. Grab your pick of poison, slap on that headset, and party it up while you game with other adults! It is a weekend tradition that has been going strong at GS since 2008. Perhaps if the Mayans had beer and video games, they wouldn't have believed the world would end now. View more details about the event here: http://www.gunslingergaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=11451

Thank you for taking the time to read the more recent activity at the Gunslingers. Again, if you are a fellow older gamer looking to keep your gaming experience fun, casual, and always within your own time restraints, you are invited to join the Gunslingers!

The Nintendo Wii-U Clan for Parents and Adults.
The Wii-U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Clan for Parents and Adults.

Gunslingers - Long live the gamers who are long in tooth.

Last edited:
Did you get a Wii U for Christmas? If so, start things off right by joining the Nintendo Wii U Gunslingers and making your Wii U experience exclusively among fellow parent and adult gamers!

The Wii U Clan for Adults.

I hope everyone had a fun New Years! 2013 is now in full swing. The kids are back in school, the workplace is back to lecturing you about productivity, and we STILL don't have hover cars.

What we do have, however, is another year for gaming. Here is a quick list of some recent updates for the clan for parent and hard working adult gamers, the Gunslingers:

1.) January 2013 Member Spotlight. We have started the New Year with another edition of the Gunslinger Member Spotlight: a monthly tradition of interviewing a random GS member and learning some things about him/her that we may not otherwise get to know through the course of gaming. This edition features none other than the ever popular, GS*Yuuuki! She has been with GS for a few years, so find out more about her here: Gunslinger Gaming

2.) '80s Classic Added. Who didn't love the 1980's? Well, besides the USSR or the Cobra Kai in Karate Kid. Well, being a gaming clan with plenty of members who grew up in the '70s and '80s, we have installed the classic quarter eater, "Lunar Command", into the custom Gunslinger Arcade! Can you get the high score? Atari joystick not required. ;)

3.) Gunslinger Raffle. For our members playing in more than one game (or even platform), we are starting 2013 off right by giving away two Xbox360 copies of Elders Scroll: Skyrim! Reply to the following topic prior to January for a chance to win. It is that easy! Thank you all for supporting GS throughout 2012! GunslingerGaming.com • View topic - Gunslinger Raffle ~ Free Copy of Skyrim! (digital download)

4.) New Forum Features. We are always looking for ways to improve the GS homebase for our members, and have added several features to the Gunslinger Forums. Now, members with Twitch Live feeds have their own forum section to broadcast their channel for other members to watch. Additionally, if you find a Twitch channel you find particularly interesting and would like to share with the rest of the group, you now have the ability to embed them in your forum posts. Speaking of embedding, you can now also add either your PSN player card or your Xbox360 gamertag card (or both!) in any of your posts or signature with a simple click of the button. Finally, some of us on the Nintendo Wii and Wii U like to use Skype as our voice chat program, so that is why you can now include your real-time Skype status in any of your forum posts or a signature. Stay tuned for more updates! I have a whole checklist to go through!

Thank you all again for reading the recent events of the Gunslingers. We are proud to provide an incredibly active and evolving home for parent, adult, and mature, casual gamers from around the world in 2013. If you haven't yet joined the party, consider yourself invited. :)

The Nintendo Wii U Clan for Adults.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.
The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.

Last edited:
GUNSLINGERS GAMES AWARDS!

Every year, we gather as a Gunslingers community and vote for our favorite games in various categories. The polls to vote on games published in 2012 are open and let the voting begin! Here are the categories that all members can vote in thus far:

Game of the Year
Favorite GS Clan Front of 2012
Best Wii Game of 2012
Best Wii U Game of 2012
Best PS3 Game of 2012
Best Xbox360 Game of 2012
Best PC Game of 2012
Best Vita Game of 2012
Best 3DS Game of 2012
Best Action/Adventure Game of 2012
Best Role Playing Game of 2012
Best Shooter Game of 2012
Best Fighting Game of 2012
Best Sports Game of 2012
Best Racing Game of 2012
Best Dance/Music Game of 2012
Best Platformer of 2012

Do you have a strong opinion in regards to which games should win? Join the rest of us Gunslingers and cast your vote! The results will be published in article for in February! Here are the polls:
GunslingerGaming.com • View forum - 2012 Gunslinger Games Awards

On the Nintendo front, The Last Story along with Xenoblade Chronicles have been nominated for both Best RPG and Best Wii Game. Xenoblade Chronicles has even been nominated for Game of the Year. Additionally, GoldenEye 007 has been nominated for Favorite GS Clan Front of 2012, and Kid Icarus has been nominated for Best 3DS Game. On the Wii U font, Super Mario Bros. U and ZombiU are slugging it out for Best Wii U title while the former has been also been nominated for Best Platformer.

The Wii U Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Clan for Adults.

Gunslinger Gaming

While the rest of the gang (or, in light of our clan's motif, chain-gang) is in game enjoying Frosty Pints---our weekend tradition of grabbing some brews and sharing some games---, I thought I would sneak in here and share the latest update on the Gunslingers front.

Forums have whole sets of short code or tags to utilize while posting. Some communities create customized tags for specific purposes, such as posting streaming game feeds. We, the Gunslingers, do both in the GS Forums and are taking the customized user experience a step further. Upon request, any member can have his/her own forum code!

For example, my GS Forum code would be "[McMurphy][/McMurphy]". Maybe I would want my game stats to show up anytime that is typed. Maybe I would like my signature banner and a brag-worthy gameplay video to be displayed anytime those tags are typed. Now, GS members can do just that!

As a band of fellow adults, parents, and mature, casual gamers, we are always welcoming the like-minded to join in on our fun. Come share in our cheer!

Happy Frosty Pints everyone!

Nintendo Gunslingers - Long Live the Gamers Who Are Long in Tooth.
Black Ops 2 | Wii U | GoldenEye 007
Gunslinger Gaming

balloon-fight-title-screenshot.jpg

As you may have read, Nintendo is offering a classic NES or SNES title for download with a price tag of a mere 30 cents during the first half of 2013. Let's have some fun with these releases by making a GS event out of it! The first round features Balloon Fight!

Here is how it works:
1.) Download and play Balloon Fight.
2.) Use the snapshot feature of the Wii U to capture an image of your high score.
3.) Post in the Balloon Fight Miiverse community with the message, "My Gunslinger Challenge Entry" and attach the snapshot.
4.) I will update who currently holds the highscore in this thread.

I will be sure to follow everyone on Miiverse so I am automatically notified when you post your scores. You can post as many entries as you wish. The event goes until February 20th, 2013. Whoever holds the top score at the end of that date wins the event! The prize? Your forum title will be changed to Balloon Fight Champion. :D

If you have never taken a snapshot using the Wii U, here is how you do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvUPtSlClpQ

I have posted my initial highscore of 50,250 (See my most recent post in the Balloon Fight community). That is the first highscore we all need to beat.

Good luck!
[Note: You must be a Gunslinger member to take part in this challenge.]

Over at the Gunslingers clan headquarters, there is a long-standing topic entitled, "How Did You Hear About Gunslingers?" Lately, GS*Beagles329, who has been a GSer since December 2010, has posted an interesting reply that well illustrates the sort of normal (Ha! Like any of us are normal, right?) adults that join up with the Gunslingers. Here is his message, quoted:

True Story... I was on a road trip through the western US, stopped at a gas station to fill up and grab a beverage. I go to use the bathroom and written on the wall of the stall was, "Gopp was here, GS-4-LIFE". Once I got home I Googled GS and the rest is history. Over 2 years of gaming enjoyment. I have since met and played quite a bit with the now famous Gopp. Like I said, true story...

Come and join the fastest growing group for parent and hard working adult gamers! Share in our cheer!

Gunslingers.
Wii U | Black Ops 2 | GoldenEye 007

The work week is over, so it is time to forget about the boss with another round of Gunslinger Frosty Pints! Grab your drink of choice and get in some online gaming with fellow adults!

Also, the Gunslingers clan got together to cast their votes for their favorite games published in 2012. The polls are closed, the votes have been counted, and everyone is welcome to read the results in the GS Blog:
http://gunslingergaming.com/wordpress/?p=469

Come and be part of the fastest growing gaming group exclusively for older gamers. It's about having a good time and doing it within your own schedule!

The Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.
The 3DS Clan for Adults.
The Wii U Clan for Adults.

The Gunslingers is an oasis for parent and hard working adult gamers from around the world that was formed back in June, 2007. The underlying goal of our group is to create a gaming environment that is fun yet civil and friendly for mature, casual gamers. It is a goal far too uncommon in the gaming community, and is not often honestly sought. For anyone wishing to escape the lulls of silly clan probation periods, distinct divides in community ranks, unrealistic demands of attendance, and continual ugliness of clan wars, the Gunslingers is your haven. We have attracted thousands of like-minded adults, so you are not alone in your wants.

The fruit of the Gunslingers is being continuously surrounded by folks sharing your general gaming wants and perspectives. There is plenty of obligations and negativity wishing to take up your time in your career, in your personal life, and certainly during your online travels. It doesn't need to be that way. The Gunslingers clan, however existential as it may seem, seek to inject some positivity and even escapism in your daily obligations. Come. Kick your feet up. Decompress. Be merry! Everyone deserves that, and, regardless if you are new to online gaming or a veteran, you will be welcomed by the rest of us. Share in our cheer!

The Mario Kart Clan for Adults.
The Nintendo Wi U Clan for Adults.
The Call of Duty: Black Ops Wii U Clan for Adults.

March Gunslingers Update - New Members!

We finished off the second half of February (Feb. 17 to Feb. 28th) by welcoming many new faces into our virtual saloon. Let's put the controller down for a moment and give these new Gunslingers a proper shout-out! Here are the rest of the February posse:

Lynyrd_Skynrd
RaginCajun
JG53PIKAS
Adriotus
Irisher01
Commando_Wolf
BulletBob
slaughterman4
ChickenHammerz
xxsurftxx
greeny187
SECgatorbait
Otis The Leper
canndid
Y0_Fat_Manz
PJ5
Michael25
preacher5000
MartyMcFly
DeathSmilesAtU
lepisan
MattCoz
boydgrossi
scarlett10
TheyCallMeDoc
BenKian
masterzion
rolledup911
Homicidal Mole
DAZMAN
Qdawg65
TheSorrowedMan
WRsRedDragon
Solty
Josh-Deeds
SchMasHD
keynage
elohelae
Revlyn
kjrulz
Ausylon
stackoverflow
This guy
SpankSinatra
Shapoota
PrimeBEATSTICK
luna_diviner
Bnjamn02
Voltron
Lazyassdave
SoggyMossBall
Lord Martok
Jethro51
Bunzmaster
katade
elgranwebin
Frankey Jones
never82
Mom1nator1971
PapaKeys
z522
KrazyXIII
CrazyLilMan77
Ghostcola

Welcome to the Gunslingers and thank you all for joining!!!

With 62 new members joining the overall Gunslingers clan in a mere 11 days, it is safe to assume that you will find no other gaming group exclusively for us older gamers than the Gunslingers (sometimes known as the Geezer Squad)! If you would like to get more out of your gaming experience while doing so at your own pace and within your own time restraints (we are adults, after all, right?). you are welcome to join the party at the Gunslingers!

The Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Clan for Adults.

One of the features of the Gunslingers clan is our Member Spotlight interviews. We game with each other all the time, but, sometimes, such interaction only allows us to know a person within a game context. That is why we randomly select an active GS* member with whom to sit down and interview.

March 2013's edition of the Gunslinger Member Spotlight features our ever helpful member, covan2306! You can read more about him by viewing the Gunslingers Blog: http://gunslingergaming.com/wordpress/?p=511

If you are a fellow older gamer who is looking for a group that values their members over in-game statistical bragging rights, you are welcome to join the Gunslingers!

I hope everyone had a fun St. Patrick's Day weekend....whether or not you can remember what you did. ;)

That holiday weekend marked an exciting milestone for the Gunslingers. We are now officially over 5,700 members strong! Thank you, everyone, for joining our posse. Now, we are not about the number of members. We are about the members. As a group for older gamers, we provide more opportunities to find yourself with a tight group of folks who share your busy schedule as you game around your family life than any other clan out there. If you are learning the fine art of juggling driving the kids around, taking night classes, and/or clocking overtime at work, you are invited to join the Gunslingers!

The Black Ops 2 Wii U Clan for Adults.

Back