Gunslingers ~ The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults

Are you guys willing to have a friendly official war? McMurphy, PM sent.

Thank you for the offer, but, as a casual clan, we don't do clan wars. :)
--------------------------------------------------

gunslinger_goldeneye_banner.jpg

[Banner created by GS*McQueen]

Not only does Wednesday mark the half way point for the work week (oh, we are coming for you, weekend!), but it also means it is time for another round of shout-outs to all the awesome folks who have become Gunslinger members in the last seven days. Gunslingers, tip your hat and take a shot of whiskey for the following folks!

Tron
DaFreshestG
GrayGhost45
Mymissed
Rolandesch
Dallaschief1955
Archangel
meerbatross
RestlessJoe
Degausser
Bearhardt
Nick
Gen Banana
MikePDaTruth
Dark Knight8690
SGT-STEVIE
Bobsuruncle
cmf21
jensa_83
KendraRenee
Frostbite1288
Glacious

WELCOME TO THE GUNSLINGERS AND THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING!

As a group of adults who game around a busy schedule of the daily grind, we fully appreciate the value of being able to go some place, kick one's feet up, and decompress with others. If that describes what you want, join the rest of us by stopping by the Gunslingers and registering in our forums to become a member. It is how games were meant to be played!

The GoldenEye 007 Clan for Adults.
The Nintendo 3DS Clan for Adults.

The Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
www.gunslingergaming.com

Even though I have my opinion about being in a (big) clan I must say I like the idea of having real life meet-ups like you said.
It might be quite an adventure and I like that :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Even though I have my opinion about being in a (big) clan I must say I like the idea of having real life meet-ups like you said.
It might be quite an adventure and I like that :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Thank you!

----------------------------------------------

PT-AI715_BEER_20080605145222.jpg

Not that we need another reason to give toast to the end of another work week with the ever popular weekend tradition of Frosty Pints, but we have another reason for celebration. This week, the Gunslingers officially became 2,500 members strong! Let the good cheer rage on!

Crack open your favorite brew, become a member by registering in the GS Forums, stop by the GS Chats and connect with fellow members for some drunken gaming fun! Going strong since 2008, Frosty Pints is a particularly great time for new members to meet other Gunslingers and to swap GoldenEye 007 game contacts.

Frosty Pints takes place on Friday and Saturday evenings, which actually means all day Friday and Saturday due to having members from time zones across the globe. (Quite the bender, huh!?) The busiest times tend to be from 3:00pm PST and on.

Gunslinger Frosty Pints - Where it is still legal to get drunk and shoot someone.
http://www.gunslingergaming.com

fisticuffs.jpg

The world was simpler without those pesky assault rifles, I tell you. If one international spy had a problem with another international spy, why, they would just go out back and dance a few rounds of fisticuffs. That is how my grandfather did it. That is how his grandfather did it. It is just proper.

And it is just proper that we stage a Fisticuffs Only Tournament on GoldenEye 007!

This is how it works:
1.) Choose a boxer name (real or imaginary) to temporarily change your account to during the tournament. Be sure to put on the "GS*" tag so we can keep track of each other in the public matches.

2.) Meet in the Golden Eye Game Specific Chat.

3.) We will divide ourselves into parties of four. Each party will enter a public match.

4.) A players must use only the melee attack during three matches, even against the random players we are matched up against.

5.) The player who has the highest results at the end of the match is the winner of that round.

6.) If more than one party is formed, the winners of each party will make a single party and play three more rounds in public in the same fashion. The "finals" party can include everyone that has won a round if the previous three rounds hadn't broken a three-way tie. The "finals" will continue beyond three more matches until a tie is broken. Whoever wins, wins the tournament.

The time and date of the GoldenEye 007 Fisticuffs Tournament is Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 at 5pm Pacific (7pm Central/8pm Eastern/Midnight GMT).

How to Sign Up:
-Reply to this topic with your friend code and your chosen boxer name.

Gunslinger Newsletter for Week of 8/22/2011
:

There is always something going on in the Gunslingers Clan, so we like to whip up a brief newsletter of noteworthy updates or interesting tidbits for each week to start off Monday on the right foot. As you wrap up the first day back to work, take a look at what has been going on in the ever active clan exclusively for mature, casual gamers!

Membership Milestone - As I have stated in prior posts, the Gunslingers got to celebrate the occasion of becoming over 2,500 members strong this Frosty Pints weekend. I will be the first to admit that I had never intended or would have predicted the GS success. What surprises new members the most is just how tight knit our clan is while also enjoying the immense level of options he/she has when building a friend roster exclusively comprised of fellow adult gamers. It is a powerful statement about positivity. True, online negativity and cynicism turn heads and get people refreshing the page for the latest development of gossip, but, ultimately, the average person---the silent majority--just wants to have a good time and be treated with respect. That is the Gunslingers. And I thank every single one of our members for doing their part in creating a community that defies the all-too-common clan experience.

GS Facebook - The Gunslingers added a facebook group for our members out of a late night whim. Now, over 200 of our members use it on a regular basis! If you want to take part in the freight train-like speed of real-time discussions and notices that members are getting online to play some games, add yourself to our Facebook group after registering your Gunslinger membership in the GS Forums! It is by no means required to be a member, but it is there if you are interested!

RebelBred's Tattoo - Some of our members personify the Gunslinger spirit in their real life. RebelBred is a fine example. He has recently gotten a killer tattoo of a cowboy out of his long time interest in the Old West. It is well done, and swing on by GS to check out pics of it sometime!

GS Arcade - We install a new game in our custom GunslingerGaming.com Arcade every week! This week, we are really showing our age by adding Yahtzee! We aren't nicknamed the "Geezer Squad" for nothing! Roll those virtual dice for the highest score today! Yelling "Yahtzee" while firing warning shots at kids who dare cut across your lawn is optional and will not be reflected in the highscore list. ;)

The Nintendo Clan for Adults.

The Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.

We are once again midway through the work week, which means it is time for another round of New Member Round-Up! Gunslingers, tip your proverbial hat and give toast to the following fantastic folks who have joining in on the GS fun in the last seven days:

gilbertleal3184
mrwilson3909
joing1
sandy1373
Ivan-Diesel
Robin
bRianex
leiflvr
WanderSpark001
SixthAssassin
brink12345
Krumbz
X--MidNite--X
Meinders 415
copral
Elfo
Pooface02
GunWrath
RickClawson
silentbrieze
mypetfish
Daggen

Thank you all for joining, and welcome to the Gunslingers! :)

Gunslingers, if you haven't done so already, check out these new members' introductions in the Introductions section and their game contacts in your favorite Master Lists of the GS Forums.

If you a mature, casual gamer reading this message and you have been looking for a group of fellow parents and hard working adults who treat gaming as a way to unwind after work or between family obligations, we humbly invite you to join in our fun! We are recruiting new members, and, as we are fond of saying, "more, the merrier!"

The Black Ops Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers Since 2007.
www.gunslingergaming.com

Gunslinger Newsletter for Week of 8/29/2011:

Some of us are getting our kids off to their first days of school. Some of us are taking night classes with not-so-secret dreams of landing a better job and giving the finger to our bosses. Some of us are gaming after work and on our days off as usual. Whatever best describes you, here are some updates happening in the Gunslingers community that you may find interesting!

Atari Trivia - What happens when you create a clan of over 2,500 adult gamers? You get a lot of retro gaming reminiscing between matches! To augment that urge, we have installed the Atari Quiz Challenge in our ever growing custom GS Arcade! How much do you remember from the Atari glory days? Swing on by GS and find out!

Gunslinger Banner Making - For a few years now, the Gunslinger members with an eye for banner making have been making some top-notch personal banners for their fellow members. That creative pool has exploded lately! Check out the "GS Banner Exchange" thread within the General Gaming Discussions section of the GunslingerGaming.com Forums to see for yourself!

The Sports Fans Amongst GS - You may know the Gunslingers for this franchise, but, being a collection of well balanced adults, some GSers are also sports fans. That is why we have added a Master List for Madden 2012 for swapping game contacts! Whether you are slinging the guns or the pig skin, let's have some fun!

The Gunslingers are recruiting all fellow casual, mature adults. If the above information has caught your interest, please stop by www.gunslingergaming.com to learn more about our group. Nearly all of our content is public (we are a clan with nothing to hide), we invite you to take a look around. If you like what you see, register in our GS Forums to start your membership. It is that simple!

The GoldenEye Clan for Adults.
The Mario Kart 7 Clan for Adults.

Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
www.gunslingergaming.com

We are once again midway through the work week, which means it is time for another round of New Member Round-Up! Gunslingers, tip your proverbial hat and give toast to the following fantastic folks who have joining in on the GS fun in the last seven days:

OneStorm
Zachery
Siri
McFly
TacticalReaper
Dead Duckling
uberninjajohn
NiteMare
whenhotdogsatack
panicpuppy
Helmsdaddy
The Super Daddy
sneesie
Rush66
SUCK-MY-SEMTEX
New Beginning
gangreene
I am Bruce
CrimsonEnemy
codsoulja
PTanney
killa82783
MuddyMogul
Born2Bacon
JACG559
haken29a

Thank you all for joining, and welcome to the Gunslingers! :)

Gunslingers, if you haven't done so already, check out these new members' introductions in the Introductions section and their game contacts in your favorite Master Lists of the GS Forums. :D

The GoldenEye 007 For Adults.

www.gunslingergaming.com

I often speak of the good times in the Gunslinger recruiting thread. Frosty Pints. Tournaments. Lively forum discussions. Hilarious moments in chat. All those are true, and they are certainly worth a toast, whether it be via a raised coffee mug or an evening drink. Not everything is going well in the world, however. I believe we all know a close friend, a spouse, or a relative feeling the blow of a fraying economy. Heck, maybe you can include yourself in that number. I have even seen some GS members affected by the times. When we set out to create a group for the mature gamer, we hoped to give an oasis for parent and other hard working adults who are too busy be bothered with silly (yet typical) clan obligations. True friendships came with the territory as a bonus. Networking is a true surprise. Time and time again I am seeing GS members "getting each others back" on more than the virtual battlefield. One never knows when real life opportunities will present itself, and I am grateful that the Gunslingers has become one of those surprising resources for some of our members.

The rapid growth and the unique experience of the Gunslingers are due to the type of members who have joined us. There are reasons. We are well aware that our formula has been mirrored by some new and established clans alike, but we keep ahead of the pack by actually being what we recruit. And we don't hide our site's content to force you to join to find that out. In fact, we want you to feel familiar with the Gunslingers prior to signing up. That is why nearly all of the Gunslingers website is viewable to guests. Check under our hood. Kick our tires. Give us a test drive. The more you know about us, the more likely that you will be joining a group that best matches your gaming wants.

The GoldenEye Clan for Adults.
The GoldenEye Clan for Parents.
The GoldenEye Clan for the Casual, Mature Gamer.

Gunslingers.

Last edited:
We have been having an exciting week at the Gunslingers! There were some crazy Frosty Pints nights during the three day Labor Day weekend. We continued with our tradition of adding a new game to our custom GS Arcade every Monday by adding a McDonalds parody game. We are celebrating the birthday of our PC Leader, Bobafett86! We are having a new person join our GS Leader team, who we will publicly announce next week!

And, of course, we have had some amazing new folks join the Gunslingers in the last seven days! Let's start their membership off right by giving them a very public shout-out!

tibnyi01
bigbengy
HiVoltageVector
PCLoadLetter
kevindollar
Matija89
isaveurlife82
ru_vdb
Crossatron
xxdudexx055
Bosstiger74
CORtank693
sideback
Blanco68
Ephixa
aamritha
Aaron_PK
andragonair
kirkedup2
xSnipaNoSniping
Landon
WhiskeyShot
Hjelt
Awperator714
JAM
dvbranton
MrSmithChicago
bobbyjw
SweetLouDiamond
UncutSuspiria
Mr Monstar107
Greasymeatballs
Andrew15
mxassasin
Scootersbabygirl
Sethera
pataylahat
Linquist
Hibsfan1978

THANK YOU ALL FOR JOINING AND WELCOME TO THE GUNSLINGERS!

If you are a casual, mature gamer, we invite you to join up with the fastest growing and most active clan specifically for all of us parents and hard working adults!

Gunslingers.
www.gunslingergaming.com

I just got home from a vacation in Colorado to see the season opener between the Colorado Buffs vs. the California Bears, live. What a great time! I only frequented taverns that brewed their own poison, did some mountain hikes, and enjoyed the amazing scenery. A state that has town names like Boulder, Steamboat, and Rifle is the perfect vacation spot for a Gunslinger!

On the internet front, the Gunslingers clan has been busy, too! For one, we installed another classic from the past, Puzzle Bobble to the ever custom GS Arcade. Play like it is 1994 again! Another development at GS is an addition to the GS Leadership team. I am proud to announce Slammer as our newest GS*Leader! He has been a great influence on our community, and we are grateful for his willingness to help out.

You will see more additions to the GS Leadership as the fall season progresses because times are booming at the Gunslingers! We have been getting new members every single day for over a year straight, and we are proud to expand the most successful social network around for parent and hard working adult gamers at an even greater rate with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3!

Wednesday has passed, even for our American West Coast members. We had a few new members who snuck just after our epic 39 new sign-ups last week, so let's not let them think that they missed out on the party! Gunslingers, tip your hat and take a shot of whiskey for the following greenhorns:

buckwheat32
SteelAce
warpig33421
Billo
Cowcud
CashMilton
Xacinto

Thank you for joining and welcome to the Gunslingers!

The literal translation of tipping one's hat to new members is to be sure to check out their introductions and adding their game contacts posted in the Master Contacts Lists section of the GS Forums. We may have been getting at least one member every single day for over a year, but you would be surprised on just how much more friendly and accommodating we are to everyone who joins the Gunslingers.

We know that the new member probation periods get old. We know that the kill/death ratio requirements are unrealistic for anyone, well, employed for starters. We know how silly it is that other groups want you sign up before seeing any of their content. The Gunslingers social network for parent and hard working adult gamers is the resounding rebuttal to the typical clan experience.

And we want you to join in on the fun of kicking back, grabbing a brew, putting on a headset, and decompressing with mature, casual gamers after a long day.

The Gunslingers - Blazing Trails for Parent and Hard Working Adult Gamers.
GoldenEye 007
www.gunslingergaming.com

The weekend is here! Come celebrate the end of another work week with fellow mature, casual gamers in the infamous Gunslinger event, Frosty Pints! The concept is simple yet sustaining. Forget how much of an [insert your favorite insult here] your boss has been this week. Pick your poison. Grab your headset. Make sure GoldenEye 007 is in the disc drive. Join the fun! You earned it! The Gunslingers is a clan comprised exclusively of fellow hard working adults and parents looking for the same sort of weekend celebration and game time as you!

For additional information about Frosty Pints, I recommend checking out the following page found on our site:
http://www.gunslingergaming.com/html/frostypints.html

The Gunslinger Frosty Pints - Where it is still legal to get drunk and shoot people.
www.gunslingergaming.com

I may join once I get more practice in Im new to the game still.

Back