How do you view post counts?

Meh I'd consider someone like Napalmbrain to be a vet, he's been here a long time AND he helps people out a lot. I wouldn't consider myself a vet because I've only been here since December and I can never really be arsed to help people out lol.. I will if it hasn't been answered yet, but if twenty people already have then I wont see the point.

Post counts doesn't really matter to me.. I mean take that wario.. his post count goes up like a 100-200 every WEEK, he's now overtaken me I think and he's been here like half the time I have =/ and his posts well.. I'll let you be the judge lol.. 3/10 things he posts are okay the rest are well.. :sick:

I disagree with most of you. Post count means a lot to me. It is the easiest and most efficent way to judge a poster. Virtually the only other things you can judge a person on is how they type and what their rep is. Seeing as most forums have rep-whores and that a person's typing only reveals...well...how good they are at typing, post count is the best way to go.
I do judge people by post count, but only before I really know them. If a veteran asked a stupid question then I would simply state the answer. If a newb (Not someone COMPLETELY new, because common courtesy applies here, but someone who has been around long enough to know the rules, but still disobeys them) asked a stupid question I would rip them apart. It comes with the job of being a newb, and I suggest that newb's get used to it until they eventually get some respect.
Most of you are saying that quality is better then quantity, and I agree with that, but do you really think a spammer is going to get 1000 posts? Of course not, and if they do you will shortly find out. However, if your a newb and want some respect, then get some, its as simple as that. Post count isn't THE make or break imo, its a guideline. I respect a lot of people on here that have low post counts.

Respect is not a choice in my opinion, it is a duty. You don't have to like a person, but you do have to respect them deservingly. When I first came to Wiichat, I didn't really like Cpt. McCloud, but I did respect him. Now that I've been here a while I've realized that he is a tremendous asset to WiiChat. Not only is he a tremendous poster, but he stands up for things that he believes in, and that is something I can respect in a person.

Respect>Friendship

LevesqueIsKing said:
I disagree with most of you. Post count means a lot to me. It is the easiest and most efficent way to judge a poster. Virtually the only other things you can judge a person on is how they type and what their rep is. Seeing as most forums have rep-whores and that a person's typing only reveals...well...how good they are at typing, post count is the best way to go.
I do judge people by post count, but only before I really know them. If a veteran asked a stupid question then I would simply state the answer. If a newb (Not someone COMPLETELY new, because common courtesy applies here, but someone who has been around long enough to know the rules, but still disobeys them) asked a stupid question I would rip them apart. It comes with the job of being a newb, and I suggest that newb's get used to it until they eventually get some respect.
Most of you are saying that quality is better then quantity, and I agree with that, but do you really think a spammer is going to get 1000 posts? Of course not, and if they do you will shortly find out. However, if your a newb and want some respect, then get some, its as simple as that. Post count isn't THE make or break imo, its a guideline. I respect a lot of people on here that have low post counts.

Respect is not a choice in my opinion, it is a duty. You don't have to like a person, but you do have to respect them deservingly. When I first came to Wiichat, I didn't really like Cpt. McCloud, but I did respect him. Now that I've been here a while I've realized that he is a tremendous asset to WiiChat. Not only is he a tremendous poster, but he stands up for things that he believes in, and that is something I can respect in a person.

Respect>Friendship

How Bout This:

Respect + Friendship= Good Poster

I dont understand the relationship, other then for there to be a new post count there must be a new username, which is extremely literal and probably not what you meant.

sure it is i used to be AussieWii

that hot headed cop has banned me so many times, usually during her monthlys

ill get banned again no doubt and my post count will go back to zero with my new username

AussieWii2 perhaps :lol:

I dont know really.....the mods have been deducting post counts from my POST COUNT:mad5: i should be at my 3000 post, for those asking why i left for some time, then that could be one of the reasons why....So i really have no say in it....

It's not your fault, it's just the fact that you posted like 500 times in the Smash Bros Site thread and it got deleted twice. That docked a ton of posts from your count. I honestly don't see what the fuss about it is though...

LevesqueIsKing said:

Respect>Friendship

Thanks for the comment.

But I agree with you, even if you don't like someone you must try and have the courtesy to respect them. Friendship is not compulsory but I would say respect is.

surfinrach90 said:
Meh I'd consider someone like Napalmbrain to be a vet, he's been here a long time AND he helps people out a lot. I wouldn't consider myself a vet because I've only been here since December and I can never really be arsed to help people out lol.. I will if it hasn't been answered yet, but if twenty people already have then I wont see the point.

Post counts doesn't really matter to me.. I mean take that wario.. his post count goes up like a 100-200 every WEEK, he's now overtaken me I think and he's been here like half the time I have =/ and his posts well.. I'll let you be the judge lol.. 3/10 things he posts are okay the rest are well.. :sick:
im that wario....lol....hmm...more like 5/10.....user need help on RE4 and MP3:C so im mostly there or on the SSBB thread.....:lol:

post count doesn't matter to me.....if threads were never deleted.....i would of had over 6,000 post.....really......good thing they got deleted.....lol

Back