I just really sad...

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
My grandfather had a bad stroke that caused a lot of brain damage, and he went into a coma. He is now on a respirator and there is no way for him to live so they are planning on taking him off the respirator, since he's been on it for 3 days, therefore he will die. And I'm just really sad because I knew him really well and my whole family is upset right now and its just hard for everyone right now.

I just had to get that out... I don't care if a mod closes this thread...

i am so sorry, and really feel for you.... the grandparent thing is so tough..
i just have one left...
sorry mandy (wow that is all there is to sad *sorry*)

I'm very sorry for what you're experiencing right now.

you really cant say anything to make the person feel better in my opinion because when my brother died every time someone said sorry I would just cry more because then you just think about it more. Good Luck

That's good that you got it out.
Just think of it this way; your grandfather is going to pass on peacefully, surrounded by a family who loves him. It's just natural for your grandfather to pass away, every human has to at some point. Taking him off the respirator will probably make him much more comfortable, he won't be suffering. Just make sure you visit him as much as you can and show him you love him, because no amount of brain damage could disable a person from feeling loved. :)

I am sorry that you have to deal with this. It is good that you are writing about it. Stay close to those who are close to you, and don't be afraid to express any emotion you feel. As tough as this time seems, you must realize there are brighter days ahead.

Sorry man, my poppop died christmas morning after being diagnosed like 4 weeks earlier with pancreatic and liver cancer. he was a tank too, 88. i grew up with him, he kinda helped raise me. i feel ya.

<3 / < / 3

I went through the same thing with my grandmother a year ago. She went into a coma after falling down the stairs, however she was suffering from Alzheimer's disease which is long painful death anyway so she was lucky to die quickly and peacefully.

Back