Iwata interviewed about WiiConnect24 and the Virtual Console

this whole thing seems to be saying that the ds is going to have a more role with the connectivity with the wii, which is great.

pit18 said:
Yea, but their not sure that their going to do that with ssbb, because then what was the point of bringing in those 5 new characters now, and not just put them on the download. To me, to many things can happen with that, most of which are bad. If it turns out, great more power to nintendo, but they should be careful, because not all households are built up against viruses as nintendo is. [Good ideas though]

You don't usually get viruses on consoles (it isn't worth the effort), so I wouldn't worry too much.

Last edited:
Mr Jimsmit said:
If you don't have a wireless router, but your computer is wi fi compatible, you can get an adaptor, sort of like the one for the DS.
actually, your computer doesn't have to be WiFi compatible, that's what the adapter is for, and I'm almost positive that the Wii will use the exact same adapter

Theres no reason their shouldn't be. I can't wait for the ds demos that get sent through the wii also.

Mr Jimsmit said:
If you don't have a wireless router, but your computer is wi fi compatible, you can get an adaptor, sort of like the one for the DS.

actualy its the exact same adapter. Your Wii will download updates all the time thats why its called WiiConnect24 even when your Wii is turned off it will download stuff!

Last edited:
i think the adapdtor for wifi for your ds will work with wii because it isnt locked to ds i have used to surf with my psp and other things so i think it just works as a mini router so yeah i hope that made sense although it probably didnt

Sam_Harris said:
i think the adapdtor for wifi for your ds will work with wii because it isnt locked to ds i have used to surf with my psp and other things so i think it just works as a mini router so yeah i hope that made sense although it probably didnt

That made perfect sense and is encouraging, aswell.:)
If Nintendo is smart, they'll only ask us, the consumers, to buy one WiFi adapter.

Last edited:
Back