Jews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brawny said:
Ha ha, where ya been? I think you totally missed the Muslim one. Or at least most of it. ^.^
I come and go, usually just get on here to see if any good games are out because I've been kinda bored with my wii. Yeah well I'm not a big fan of Islam so I just typed a few non-offensive posts and just let it be. From what I've seen in the Christian, Wiccan, Muslim, Evolution, and the new Jew thread long heated debates always get formed between opposing beliefs, no surprise there, and I really don't have time to get involved in one because of summer classes (thats 4 months of school in 1 month). Really got to focus on Spanish 2-4 because those are the last challenging classes i have to take to get my degree then I'm off to serve in the U.S. military. I might post every now and then when I have some free time and nothing else to do. Take it easy Brawny.

ottoman said:
well thats your opinion, and your entitled to it. but i really do hope you see the light before its too late.
(Rolls two pennies into the My-Two-Cents-machine)
There is no light. There is no "god" and no one has been able to prove me wrong... Not saying that your not entitled to yours, just dont count on it for me. I have enough to worry about without wondering, "Hmm, what would Jesus do?" Nothing personal to the religion jocks here, but by my own deffinition of god-
God=Beer, because it makes right what you once thought was wrong! I guess I do sound like a martyr. Oh well, back to not caring!

oh wow the things i miss while im out on patrol

first off, we believe in the old testimate because we dont believe that jesus is our messiah. our meshiach (or messiah) will be comming soon. however, different sects of judiasm believe he is already here, like the lubuvich- they believe that the rebe (the master rabbi if you will) is the meshiach.

ottoman, we do NOT pray to allah. ive heard of that before that that is a main point as to why muslims and jews dont get "along" because we dont admit it or something of another. from the torah, we pray to hashem which is hebrew for god. hashem is our one god and he is our creater (no adam and eve).

Another significant difference is who God gave the covenant to. The Old Testament was a covenant given strictly for the Jews, or Israelites. Non-Jews, or Gentiles, could adopt the Jewish covenant and become "prostelytes", but there was no special law and relationship offered that was for the Gentiles as the Old Testament was for the Jews. However, the New Testament made no distinction. One of the great things about the New Testament is that God's message and special covenant relationship is extended to all races and peoples. Consequently, the writings of the Old Testament generally track the story of the Israelites with a few exceptions, and the New Testament writings contain the gospel of Jesus and of the spread of the gospel all over the world, as well as directions for the new Christians.

http://www.insearchoftruth.org/articles/testaments.html

i wont go into the muslim fact because to be quite frank im a bit ignorant in the quran. ill admit that honestly and truthfully so i cna not go into detail on the jews place in a muslim world. IMO its not a very happy one becasue they feel we are wrong in our teachings. that the torah is a lie. atleast this is what i remeber from hebrew school taught by my rabbi......again, when all you hear and see are antisemetic views by muslims you begin to think. BUT that does not make all muslims FEEL THAT WAY! anyone that does think that all muslims believe this are completely stupid. ottoman im sure can do a better layout of this

Spiritshotgun said:
I don't need to, the bible pretty much has everything the qur'an does cept that jesus = muhammad. Besides, you would be surprised how much you can learn on television and the internet. I do my research, thats why nobody is asking me to prove anything, I dont have a 'FK U MANG" attitude lawl. Im liberal in my arguments.

Muhammud (PBUH), is not jesus.

The qur'an is not the same as the bible. . .

did matthew mark luke and john write the gospels in the qur'an and change names?

I think not.

First off Gravy, You asked for some examples of scientists that had converted. the ones i showed you were probably 0.001 percent of the actual number of scientists that had converted to islam. Those were just the ones publicised.

Your TRYING to find fualts in my sources. accept the fact that Islam is the fastest growing religion. how can so many people be wrong?

Now lets just stop that little "show me sources" thing, becuase lets face it gravy, that debate is going nowhere right? Your obviously cornerd by facts.

SO...moving on. I know we have ALL heard about the thousands of Prisoners converting to Islam. We have all heard about this, if not then you can find it on the internet.

Ever wondered why? let me explain. once your in jail, all you have is time, time to THINK. These prisoners read the Qur'an and actually THINK...they realise that this is the word of God. And they convert.

Coincidence? I think not....you see rejecting religion will do you no good. The Christians and Jews will be rewarded by Allah, becuase they believed in him (indirectly)

If you really think about the world, you ca see that it MUST have been made by Allah. The Way the Qur'an Describes the Earth and Universe is to such detail that it cuases thousands of scientists to Convert each year, along with many many others.

And with what Zeon said about islam beggining since Adam, (first man on earth) in the Qur'an it says that Islam begun when Adam was born. Many messengers were sent to spread the word, but most were mis-understood or ignored.

For instance Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhhammad. All these prophets came to speak the word of Allah...yet his words were twisted to form a new religion...

EDIT: TLC, you believe in one God yes? That God, weather you know it, accept it or believe it, is Allah. No questions asked. You may think you pray to a different God, but there is only one.

ottoman said:
First off Gravy, You asked for some examples of scientists that had converted. the ones i showed you were probably 0.001 percent of the actual number of scientists that had converted to islam. Those were just the ones publicised.

Your TRYING to find fualts in my sources. accept the fact that Islam is the fastest growing religion. how can so many people be wrong?

Now lets just stop that little "show me sources" thing, becuase lets face it gravy, that debate is going nowhere right? Your obviously cornerd by facts.

SO...moving on. I know we have ALL heard about the thousands of Prisoners converting to Islam. We have all heard about this, if not then you can find it on the internet.

Ever wondered why? let me explain. once your in jail, all you have is time, time to THINK. These prisoners read the Qur'an and actually THINK...they realise that this is the word of God. And they convert.

Coincidence? I think not....you see rejecting religion will do you no good. The Christians and Jews will be rewarded by Allah, becuase they believed in him (indirectly)

If you really think about the world, you ca see that it MUST have been made by Allah. The Way the Qur'an Describes the Earth and Universe is to such detail that it cuases thousands of scientists to Convert each year, along with many many others.

And with what Zeon said about islam beggining since Adam, (first man on earth) in the Qur'an it says that Islam begun when Adam was born. Many messengers were sent to spread the word, but most were mis-understood or ignored.

For instance Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhhammad. All these prophets came to speak the word of Allah...yet his words were twisted to form a new religion...

EDIT: TLC, you believe in one God yes? That God, weather you know it, accept it or believe it, is Allah. No questions asked. You may think you pray to a different God, but there is only one.

jesus not only spoke the word of god but he was the blood of god.

I dont beleive in religion but I respect peoples beleif, i have been tempted to find religion when things have went wrong but i havn't, that doesnt give me the right to moan at ottomans islamic beleifs, i respect that he beleives that and that i beleive what i beleive.

ottoman, just a question, dont you (muslims) have to say muhhammod 'PBUH'

I just noticed that you havnt but i thought that all muslims had to.

PBUH = peace be upon him

EDIT - i have to agree with ottoman, it is all the same god. it gets complicated in Hindu i think, with vishnu and the other gods.

Last edited:
Captain, if you can find me anywhere in the Bible, where Jesus himself says "I am the son of God"..Then i will go over to my local chruch and convert...

ottoman said:
Captain, if you can find me anywhere in the Bible, where Jesus himself says "I am the son of God"..Then i will go over to my local chruch and convert...

I will look later but an a example i can think from my mind:

When he was a kid, he ran away, Mary found him in a temple and Jesus said about why didnt you know i would be in my fathers house.

temple would be God's house, not Joseph's. . .

I will find more evidence later.

I dont want to get in a debate here. . .

ottoman said:

I don't not ANYTHING about religion, Except I don't like it. But I think thats quite dissrespectful and ignorant?

what? and wii_smurf, thats not disrespectful...in fact i remember seeing a pro debater on religions use tha term. no one took offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back