Longest Thread Ever

Napalmbrain said:
I suppose I'm a stereotypical "believes in science not religion" type of person. I study astrophysics, so I'm always facing questions like how did the universe begin, how will it end, etc. Some people say the universe is so beautiful and so complex, hence they say this means there must be a God who created it. I think of it like this: why should beauty and complexity imply a God must exist? Thinking about it for a statistical point of view, there's a chance the universe could have just came together the way it did without any interference. Regardless of whether it was created by God or just randomly came together like it is, the universe is still beautiful and complex.

Anyway, does it really matter if I believe in something? There are so many religions out there that all contradict each other that I wouldn't have the slightest clue about which one is "right". But would a benevolent God really judge a person differently just because they didn't believe in the "right" religion, or even the right sect of a religion? Speaking of which, why are there so many Christian sects? It's like every minor disagreement leads to a new denomination being set up.

Genesis 1:1 , In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That verse answers your questions, I'll be praying for you...

Donuts are good....What's your favorite? Mine is probably maple jelly filled.

Noobs
annoying or good ?
I'm for annoying
with the constant copy threads
and there spamming

Napalmbrain said:
Christmas was originally a pagan festival, you know. Christians just used the date 'cos they didn't know when Jesus was born. Besides, it's not like us non-Christians have much of choice about celebrating it, since most places are shut on December 25th.

EDIT: I just noticed this is my 666th post. :devil:
yep. that's more or less true. but I didn't say anything about that.

motherbrainrulez said:
Ps who wants to join the prinny fancub? lol

Did have one once on another forum
about 20 posters joined it

twas the icon
but now its just a forum of my own

sign me up for the prinny fan club woot!, as to the bagel issue at hand i like the plain bagels with strawberry flavored cream cheese ftw, donuts i like either the ones that have all the colurful sprinkles or ones that have vanilla and chocolate topping on them !

iplaywii said:
Genesis 1:1 , In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

That verse answers your questions, I'll be praying for you...

I don't just accept everything I read as true, otherwise I'd be a pretty rubbish scientist. Besides, if the Bible is true then eventually us scientists will work out that you were right all along, so what have we got to lose?

Deet da dee... anyone know what Deet is?, haha i found out when i went camping, so where is everyone, if were gonna make this the longest thread:shocked:

Back