Lucario?

Jarael

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2007
Norton, OH
Wii Online Code
7355-7318-6387-1004
First of all I want to say that overall I'm thrilled about the lineup in Brawl. Lots of great characters are there that frankly I didn't expect.

That being said, I want to ask: is anyone besides me wondering why Lucario was even included at all?

He's only been in one game, which he wasn't really the star of. Not to mention that Pokemon (the franchise) is represented quite well with Pikachu, Jigglypuff (who I'm glad to see made it back), and the Pokemon Trainer, not to mention all the Pokeball Pokemon that are included.

So, why Lucario?! Why does he deserve a place and other characters that have been with Nintendo for years don't?

No offense to the Lucario fans out there, I simply don't think he deserves his spot, that's all.

Jarael said:
First of all I want to say that overall I'm thrilled about the lineup in Brawl. Lots of great characters are there that frankly I didn't expect.

That being said, I want to ask: is anyone besides me wondering why Lucario was even included at all?

He's only been in one game, which he wasn't really the star of. Not to mention that Pokemon (the franchise) is represented quite well with Pikachu, Jigglypuff (who I'm glad to see made it back), and the Pokemon Trainer, not to mention all the Pokeball Pokemon that are included.

So, why Lucario?! Why does he deserve a place and other characters that have been with Nintendo for years don't?

No offense to the Lucario fans out there, I simply don't think he deserves his spot, that's all.

probably cause was one of the main characters in the eighth pokemon movie

jigglypuff was a recurring character in the show, but besides that why does she deserve a spot?

and cause he kinda fits in, being a FIGHTING pokemon and all....

and since they scrapped mewtwo, they wanted a character semi-like him, and lucario has a similar build and b-move

200px-Lucariomovieposter.JPG

Last edited:
I'll miss Mewtwo. He was the strongest pokemon in the first movie and everybody raved about him. But I guess Lucario is the new Mewtwo. I'll just have to play melee every once in a while to play as Mewtwo.

I didn't even know who lucario was

I reckon putting him in there is a little pokemon overload

but whatever

I was ambivalent about him at first, but after watching his gameplay I think he's very awesome. I still miss Mewtwo, but I'm happy to see Lucario all the same.

mushroomedmario said:
how is it a pokemon overload, only 4 characters, it didn't seem that much in melee, should seem even less in brawl

so they have 5 characters in brawl?

not to mention there's a crapload of AT's and items as pokemon

no at's just pokeballs

and no there's only 4 characters, and there were only 4 in melee, same amount of characters, and to me, the pokemon franchise didn't seem like an overload in melee, so i don't think it would be one in brawl

mushroomedmario said:
how is it a pokemon overload, only 4 characters, it didn't seem that much in melee, should seem even less in brawl

(sheezed seems like our opinions are clashing left and right mushroomed)

Anyways, I thought it was an overload in Melee. Metroid 1, Pokemon 4. Pokeballs and levels and characters galore. Now I say remove jigglypuff and add someone else. Lucario seems like he is gonna add some more flavor to the game.

its looking that way from what you tube shows me. his FSA is just like that tentacle pokemon from the pokeball. it's a hyper beam that sweeps the stage. seems like the perfect move set for a mewtwo-like character to me.

Extra Life Mushroom said:
its looking that way from what you tube shows me. his FSA is just like that tentacle pokemon from the pokeball. it's a hyper beam that sweeps the stage. seems like the perfect move set for a mewtwo-like character to me.

yeah that's true......

Back