Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

My detailed C&C has returned, now with pictures!

Syntax (Ban Hammer):
Moderator.png

Looks interesting. The framing of the gavel is nice and the black border gives it a nice look of professionalism against your background of soft colors and classy wooden subject. The best part of this is that the texture of your background has a different feel to it than your gavel foreground, allowing them to play nicely against each other. The light sources and shadows are great, too, making your subject pop from the backdrop. Especially that bottom light source spilling onto the gavel. It creates just enough irregularity to your foreground to make your piece more interesting.

The subject is very centered despite going beyond the right side, so text could help this out, especially to allow the viewer to understand it's a Ban Hammer. But as it is now, it's a very simple, but well-composed piece. =)

LeWaffles (ESSEX SNOW):
Picture16-5.png

Nice. It has a very illustrative graphic novel feel with the drawn robot and the bold colors and contours. The much-busier effects swooping in front of and behind the Robot and "ESSEX SNOW" text make this one far superior to your sig image. They are more interesting and create more impressive designs. The brown color theme is also more effective and works with the burnt appearance of some of your your line quality in your design. I also like your typography since it's both functional and works with your multi-layered design. And by functional, I mean the W is covered, but the sense of the full word (Snow) can still be identified easily.

The cool part is that this picture looks complete both together and in its separate parts. The square side would make an excellent avatar. Overall, great stuff.

DarkPrinny (Tenchu Fan):
(Image cannot be copied+pasted)

It looks pretty cool. The animation of the penguin-looking character is really impressive. The way we see it jump and the wind effects is very convincing and is cohesive with the backdrop.The blood is funny, but not quite as well-executed (looks less sensible since there is no splatter and it's in one area) and the same could be said for what looked like an image bubble thing that showed the character's face up close, but overall, that complete scene was nice.

I think the "DPRINNY Tenchu fan bloke" part could look more interesting, but other than that, it's a good animated piece you have here.

factoR (Smudgery):
Flowersmudgeyall.png

Very cool. The glow that your subject has looks beautiful and it appears to be coming out to us from the background. The use of texture with your painterly brushes is absolutely perfect. It's almost like a water splash in the night sky.

It looks great, but the placement holds it back, in my opinon. Just know that it's usually more interesting to bring something in your foreground to go beyond the picture plane, especially when your subject has this feeling of rising from its canvas (like yours does). It would've enhanced the "multi-dimensional" effect. The background is also somewhat empty with how much space is available to it, but other than that, though, above-average work and great use of brushes.

----

That's all for now.

Last edited:
DarkPrinny (Tenchu Fan)
(Image cannot be copied+pasted)

It looks pretty cool. The animation of the penguin-looking character is really impressive. The way we see it jump and the wind effects is very convincing and is cohesive with the backdrop.The blood is funny, but not quite as well-executed (looks less sensible since there is no splatter and it's in one area) and the same could be said for what looked like an image bubble thing that showed the character's face up close, but overall, that complete scene was nice.

I think the "DPRINNY Tenchu fan bloke" part could look more interesting, but other than that, it's a nice animated piece you have here.

For people that have played Tenchu they will know theres not loads of blood when somebody is killed (damn censers)
The flash is me spotting a enemy then pouncing on him

(Its a Prinny)
Im to old to be a fan boy

Wow i am rusty.......
This lay off has really takin its toll. First time i been in PS since well, last SOTW we had.

302ru45.png

I honestly have no drive. I mean i look at pieces for inspiration and im like 'wow that gives me an idea'. Then i open PS and im like....duhhhh.....and i just end up gettin frustrated and close it. Going through a dry patch i suppose :/

I know what you mean, I got nothing to do now that my buds are all in school, (I go to school really late). Anyways so i want to design something but without the SOTW I don't really have anything to base it off of. I'm missin it!
BTW I'm Wi-fi.... shhhhh
haha didn't know if you could tell..

@ Bliss ^same here. for the past few months...

C&C on my current?
It's just a few gradient maps, but... you like?

Yea SOTW will be back starting monday, go to the starting fresh thread to see what Scott and I have come up with.

@ Rob, thats good man, simple but yet sexy..i like

i honestly have no drive. I mean i look at pieces for inspiration and im like 'wow that gives me an idea'. Then i open ps and im like....duhhhh.....and i just end up gettin frustrated and close it. Going through a dry patch i suppose :/

same ****in **** with me

1233380187748.gif

conan.png

Felt like making something that went along with that .gif.

I don't know why, but I can't see a couple of sigs posted.

Back