Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

Wall-o-Text returns.

Syntax
iGoalie
goalie-1.png

Looks nice and clean. It's clear you went with the iPod Silhouette style from the design to the text. The border is nicely made and the text placement to flank the centered goalie is an effective, albeit simple approach. Not much else to say here with so little going on, so in short: good effort.

Vancouver
kesler.png

This one is superior to iGoalie, in my opinion. The background is great. I love the ribbed diagonals and the sweeping lines really push the Ice Hockey theme beyond what a mere slapping of Hockey player image onto a canvas would ever do (those lines with the hazy gradient of white from the bottom remind me of ice skate marks on the ice). The buildings are well-placed, too. Kind of gives a feeling of authority to the Hockey player (or Hockey in general) since he appears to loom over the city. I also like how they illustrate the word "Vancouver", as if that's the city itself.

Overall, I see great use of a subject. Nice work.

Nature
Nature.png

Ah, this one seems very ambitious. The composition is nice. Pretty effects in the sky and the overall glows look interesting. I like how we can't see the guy's face, too, since it extends that mystery element about Nature.

Looks like you were a bit overwhelmed, though, since the execution is a little inconsistent. There isn't a seamless implementation of content, making me able to pinpoint where one stock ends and another begins (the "choppiness" that you mentioned). It generally succeeds, though. I would say the most glaring issue might be your text (very refined and straight compared to the softness of your angled business card and less-detailed stock).

At any rate, execution could be better, but it looks nice.

Celeste - Kanye Diamonds
4tnk9e.png

6ozr7s.jpg

As usual, your compositions are wonderful, which we see once again here. The consistent theme you established with the diamonds in the background and foreground are great, color usage is vibrant. From the busy combination of "random things" and text that appear torn to the paper-like grain effect give a nice scrapbook style that fits with Kanye's colorful, expressive fashion sense. As such, I can see that there was a conscious reasoning to connect Kanye with the theme, so I appreciate this from one artist to another.

To compare the two, I actually prefer the bottom picture's vibrance/texture (the "paper scan lines" look on the reddish orange diamonds) and prefer the top's color scheme (the two-colored diamonds in the background and the greater use of magentas). So I would assume a more vibrant top version would create a happy medium. Anyway, great stuff.

Shadow*91 (Tobi)
Tobi.png

Looks decent. The character looks interesting around what looks like rain and the accompanied background design. Consistent color usage is nice, as well. Probably the best of the stuff I've seen from you because I actually see a sensibility between background and foreground (enigmatic looking character with an equally ominous environment).

My advice to you is to try new things, though. You seem to have a good sense of how to order things in a tag, though they remain consistent and consistently simple, so I think you could go the extra mile if you ever decided to do so. As for now, though, this piece is alright.

Last edited:
Celeste - Kanye Diamonds
4tnk9e.png

6ozr7s.jpg

As usual, your compositions are wonderful, which we see once again here. The consistent theme you established with the diamonds in the background and foreground are great, color usage is vibrant. From the busy combination of "random things" and text that appear torn to the paper-like grain effect give a nice scrapbook style that fits with Kanye's colorful, expressive fashion sense. As such, I can see that there was a conscious reasoning to connect Kanye with the theme, so I appreciate this from one artist to another.

To compare the two, I actually prefer the bottom picture's vibrance/texture (the "paper scan lines" look on the reddish orange diamonds) and prefer the top's color scheme (the two-colored diamonds in the background and the greater use of magentas). So I would assume a more vibrant top version would create a happy medium. Anyway, great stuff.
Wow. This is the first time I've gotten feedback from you and I truly appreciate it! You completely "get" what I was going for. I wanted to create a background atmosphere that was fully cohesive with Kanye's outfit while trying my best not to overshadow it. It's great to know that I pulled it off. I didn't think anyone would like it. I did the 2nd version first but was unhappy with the color scheme so I tried again with the two-colored argyle. I personally prefer the more vibrant top version as well. I'll try to create more of a happy medium by adding some paper scans on top of the argyle later.

Thanks again!

RAID!!!!!!!!

even sexy back then =P

Kanye3yeah.png

DemonFlairEnjoyBud.png

Yea thats right, I jacked yo **** nucca xD <3

Last edited:
@Bliss:

1: Nice focus used on the render. Good use of c4d's. However, I'd try to blend in the c4d's a bit more. Also a good use of text.

2: Good use of colours and brushes. I prefer this over the first one you posted. There is a good use of lighting and it draws more attention to the render/stock you used. Very nice work.

Version # 1:

Nature.png

Version #2:

Nature2.png

Pahahaha :p <3

was thinking 'wtffffff?'

but yeah got dayum them sigs are good. How'd you make those? (-8

xD
They were easy, i right clicked on your wiichat logo thingy and got ur PB acct and had some fun....hard work =P

@Bliss:

1: Nice focus used on the render. Good use of c4d's. However, I'd try to blend in the c4d's a bit more. Also a good use of text.

2: Good use of colours and brushes. I prefer this over the first one you posted. There is a good use of lighting and it draws more attention to the render/stock you used. Very nice work.

Version # 1:

Nature.png

Version #2:

Nature2.png

You do know those are Mikey's lol

Anyway i like version 2 better, it pops at me more.

xD
They were easy, i right clicked on your wiichat logo thingy and got ur PB acct and had some fun....hard work =P

You do know those are Mikey's lol

Oh.. In that case, nice use of "copy and paste"

paha, oh nicholas what are you like.

@Bliss:

Thanks Matt, baha.

Version # 1:

Nature.png

Version #2:

Nature2.png

Version 2 is winwinwinwin. You made the text and render look alot better, hand stands out more.

paha, oh nicholas what are you like.

Thanks Matt, baha.

Version 2 is winwinwinwin. You made the text and render look alot better, hand stands out more.

Thanks for the feedback. And umm you're welcome :)

Syntax, v2 looks so good. It looks like there's a storm going on and the brushes are swirling winds. WAY better font, too.

Syntax, v2 looks so good. It looks like there's a storm going on and the brushes are swirling winds. WAY better font, too.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Last edited:
Back