Official Wii Chatroom?

En4Neo

Jet-Set-Jesse
Feb 10, 2007
Every so once in a while I'll see a member posting a chatroom for Wiichat members to join, and the main reason I think they fail is because they get burried underneath all the other mess of lounge posts.

Any way straight to the point - I thought it might be a cool idea for this board to have a stickied official wiichatroom from some chatroom site on the lounge section so that everyone can join and see.

Now I'm not totally sure it would work, but it'd be cool to test. The board is constantly growing, so it'd might actually do alright and be a good substitute to the standard IRC chatroom.

The only prob is I'm not sure if there are any that let you mod, but there has to be....

Anyone think this is a good idea? Why or why not?

Last edited:
paintba||er said:
Sounds good though it would be better to have one on this site rather than having a link to one on another site. A paintballing forum I go to has something like that so I don't see why this place couldn't.

I asked about that, but it seems there are some technical difficulties. I heard Ion was thinking about it though, so this might do till then.

Yes, I agree, we should definitely have a chatroom on here. It would be easier to set up online matches when we get some online Wii games or use it to set up DS matches.

paintba||er said:
But of course there would be a bunch of idiots going in there and saying: Hey add me my Wii code is _________. It would be harder to moderate too.

Idiots are to be expected eveywhere. I mean we have them here, but it's still fun, and sometimes they contribute to it by giving us something to laugh at.

Please make it a java style chat that you don't have to install additional software for. I'm always super paranoid when sites ask me to install stuff to enter into their chat.

David328ci said:
Please make it a java style chat that you don't have to install additional software for. I'm always super paranoid when sites ask me to install stuff to enter into their chat.

When you download a java applet, you're installing it in the Java VM in able to run it. There's a plug-in for Internet Explorer that does it all behind the scenes, depending on your settings preference. Normally, it should prompt you by asking if you want to install the applet before hand.

I suppose that's a good idea. A chat room to talk on while you're waiting for people to post... but, why wait if you can just discuss things in the chat room in real time? Hmmm. I guess that defeats the purpose of that.

Well if any of you could find a webpage chatroom that allows you to allows you to have mods or admins in it, that'd be awesome.

In other words it would allow certain people to have the power to kick and ban people.

I'll try to see if I can find any that are cool.

Most Vb forums have a litle chat box on the homepage.

I dont know if i0n had the choice to add one but maybe he thought it would case too much trouble as it sometimes does on forums.

They are ok but can cause arguements and such.

Back