Opinions/advice on good multiplayer etiquette

When is it OK to use the Masterson? I get the impression that the Masterson is such a ball buster that no self respecting 56er would ever dare use it.

I'm developing a "for fun" loadout but want to avoid being a total d!ck while having said fun. Was considering a masterson as a secondary weapon for occasional use in games.

Nobody is going to stop you.
it's just annoying when you face players who use masty on every map.

I myself rarely use the masty.
I don't like the gun.

Bottom line as I see it regarding the masterton:
It's fine to use the masterton - IF there are others in the match that are using it. I don't know about you, but nowadayz it feels like it's getting to the point where you almost can't find a game on archives without someone draggin' out that god-forsaken blaster cannon! :lol: Same thing on sewers. Nightclub is also starting to become a daily game of "king of the mountain" with the masterton for a lot of people! LOL I've found myself actually customizing my loadouts lately more for the competition than for what I enjoy playing with most:

Loadout 1: kallos, wolfe, ext. mag, hh, bb, laser ...usually this is my ever-changing "low grade" loadout I use when playing with low levels or reg players when there isn't a spammer in the match. It'll always be ak, kallos, sig, staug, vargen, anova once in a blue moon. Sometimes I'll stack BB and RA if the weapon is really bad. I've been known to even go hand-guns only on this loadout; crappy as possible is the theme.
Loadout 2: Anova, masty, proxies, LF, multitask, grenader ...this is my anti-spam loadout. This one only sees the light of day if a match is a total ****-fest with spamming and boosted crap-mongers who deserve punishment at their own game.
Loudout 3: Strata, kunara, RTMs, HH, SS, Laser ...a "stock" strata loadout. Sometimes I'll change to silencer or swap HH for light foot depending on mood and style of play that day.
Loadout 4: Ivana, kunara, proxies, LF, SS, silencer ...my loadout for matches that people aren't spamming masty, but who ARE spamming proxies, just to even things up.
Loudout 5: Ivana, kunara, rtms, LF, SS, silencer ...my goto loadout in 90% of matches. Sometimes I'll swap the kunara for wolfe or LF for HH. You've probably died a few times before from it lol ;)

Notice that I am not a sniper LOL Sometimes if I am feeling risky, I'll throw a sniper on loadout 1 and try to hip-fire my way around with it. :tard:

When is it OK to use the Masterson?

Never. Unless you play hackers or other spammers. But that makes you look like one of them. It's a bit scrub like too, a very skilless weapon. Going 10-10 (with normal guns) vs a spammer gives me much more satisfaction then a 10-1 score but I used the Masterton back.

I get why you say "never." But I respectfully disagree. I personally don't like giving those spammers the satisfaction of thinking they "made me rage quit into submission." Rather, I'll turn the tables and beat them at their own game mercilessly. Then I'll switch back to a more "civil" loadout in the next game. If they don't get the message, I'll let em' have it again! Then switch back, again. I've found that some of those idiots DO actually get the message and realize "oh wait, there is someone on here that does NOT want to spam." TOPRAMEN666 (or whatever his name is) has started to learn this lesson when playing with me, finally. He still spams like crazy, but I've found him to be more ammicable as of late, switching to a strata when he seems me in matches.

Look at the word 'unless' lol. I agreed with you before you even posted XD

But don't you like the feeling of beating them without spamming? Then make them rage quit? I do.

It's good multiplayer etiquette to continue engaging in good multiplayer etiquette even when others have rather poor etiquette.

It's good multiplayer etiquette to continue engaging in good multiplayer etiquette even when others have rather poor etiquette.

Depends on the number of people with poor etiquette. Fortunately, there's an 8 player max in online wii GE...:rolleyes5:

For most, the masty is a gun you unlock after a lot of playing.
So i don't mind if people use it every now and then.As long as they don't spam the thing.
For instance, in sewer, and archives i can accept havingto go against masty users.
I can even understand it in facility.

I just can't stand it when it also get's used in nightclub, station, outpost, jungle, ....

Yeah, Jungle masty-spammers are dumb. They don't even move around the level usually. They just hang out and patrol around the central building. More people should figure out the easy way to avoid them: leave them for the snipers who are out of their "blast-cannon's" range!

Masterton spammers that use Masterton outside Archives just look bad imo. I can understand why you would use it on a close compact map like Archives though.

Masterton spammers that use Masterton outside Archives just look bad imo. I can understand why you would use it on a close compact map like Archives though.

...and NEVER on the black box, unlike some people...cough cough...:rolleyes5:

Back