Pokemon of the Week

... ... ...

I nominate Raichu as PotW for any week prior to Pichu.

Lucario does but I find the stat typing to that twat to be more of a downside then a benefit most of the time.

Lucario's stats and typing are quite good, particularly the latter. If he was a 600 BST, Terrakion would be forced to gtfo.

What learns Aura Sphere other than Lucario and legendaries?

Togekiss and Mienshao. Riolu (how very redundant!) and Raikou as well via event. >_>

Level 100 to use Aura Sphere on Mew and Mewtwo...point?

Competitive battling, that's the point ya bigot. :p

Pokemon of the Week #2 (7/15/2012)

Lanturn
250px-171Lanturn.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lanturn_(Pokémon)

Lanturn, the Light Pokemon. This Pokemon is nicknamed "the deep-sea star" for its illuminated antenna. Lanturn produces light by causing a chemical reaction between bacteria and its bodily fluids inside the antenna. The light it emits is so bright that it can illuminate the sea's surface from a depth of over three miles. It blinds prey with an intense burst of light, then swallows the immobilized prey in a single gulp.

Lanturn is okay, it's fairly cute. The stats are mostly a letdown, with the exception of HP, which makes its special bulk actually pretty good. Combined with great defensive typing, and you've got yourself a decent bulky Water-type. This is only aided by Volt Absorb and Water Absorb, both of which grant it an immunity and a way to recover lost health points.

The design is pretty cute, actually, especially for an angler fish. Real life angler fish tend to be very intimidating, but Lanturn is anything but. It looks more like a dolphin with a light to be honest. But despite this, it's still apparently a dangerous predator, just like its real life inspiration.

Last edited:
Lanturn is a little bit of a shocker...I agree the stats are a let down but the typing is good. Never really gave Lanturn a chance to be completely honest so i'm blowing out a bunch of steam and will say this really quickly. Mudkip no rikey!

I care not for Lanturn, both it's design and usefulness (or lack thereof) in battle. My love for Electric types only goes so far... blehhhhhh water types

'Least it ain't ugly like Washtom.

This Pokemon is nicknamed "the deep-sea star"

Never realized Lanturn was a shitty attempt at replacing Starmie.

Back