Pokemon of the Week

So porygon is human made.... okay.
Have had it ones evolved it, put it in the box and never used it again. It's horrific I know.

Well, since it's made from programming, I'd think it's quite humane to keep it in a PC actually. :lol:

@CK; Probably. xD

I <3 my new Porygon-Z C-gear skin in Black.

Pokemon of the Week #2.5 (7/22/2012)

Gible
200px-443Gible.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gible

Gible, the Land Shark Pokemon. It once lived in the tropics. To avoid the cold, it lives in caves warmed by geothermal heat. It attacks using its huge mouth. While its attacks are powerful, it hurts itself out of clumsiness, too. It also sounds somewhat like a chicken.

Gible is kinda cool, I honestly like it more than its evolutions.
U mad Dirgey?

Pokemon of the Week #3 (7/22/2012)

Tangela
170px-114Tangela.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tangela

Tangela, the Vine Pokemon. Its identity is obscured by masses of thick, blue vines. The vines are said to never stop growing. The vines snap off easily if they are grabbed. This happens without pain, allowing it to make a quick getaway. The lost vines are replaced by newly grown vines the very next day.

Tangela is okay, it has a decent design. It has good defense and Sp. Attack, and it can tank pretty well, especially with Evolite. It's no movepool slouch either, having access to Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Rage Powder, Pain Split, Synthesis, Giga Drain, etc. It also gets Power Whip, but it has a low attack stat, so that move suits its evolution Tangrowth better. It has a few flaws, such as bad defensive typing and a lack of attack moves, but its got enough to do a decent job.

It gets Regenerator from the Dream World, which is fantastic ability for a defensive Pokemon. But if you want an offensive Tangela for some reason, you can use Chlorophyll in the sun. However, Tangrowth outclasses Tangela nearly completely in the defensive department. Tangela at least gets Evolite to compete defensively to an extent.

Design wise, it's a weird Pokemon. I prefer Tangrowth for some reason, I just like the design more, but Tangela isn't bad. I don't get why some people hate Tangrowth but like Tangela, they look almost the same, really.

Last edited:
You better not be implying that derpy is bad. ._.

Tangela I was not expecting nor Gible, I think Gible looks cool though, the mouth is a bit weird with how big it is though.

[STRIKE]lol speaking of that, i've spotted Derpy in most of the episodes so far![/STRIKE]

Pokemon of the Week #4 (7/31/2012)

Volcarona

180px-637Volcarona.png

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volcarona_(Pokémon)

Volcarona, the Sun Pokemon. When volcanic ash darkened the atmosphere, it is said that Volcarona's fire provided a replacement for the sun. A sea of fire engulfs the surroundings of their battles, since they use their six wings to scatter their ember scales.

Volcarona is a great Pokemon competitively. Bug/Fire is a good offensive type for the most part, and Volcarona also gets Quiver Dance, which is a fantastic set up move. It can then fire off Bug Buzz and a fire attack of choice at high power. After a Quiver Dance, it's hard to hurt from the special side, so physical attacking is generally the way to go. Beware of Flame Body, though, as it can cripple most physical attackers.

Volcarona isn't without flaws, of course. x4 weakness to Rock makes switching in difficult, due to the popular Stealth Rock. It has severe problems with Heatran too. But all Pokemon have flaws, and Volcarona could sure be a lot worse off.

I enjoy using Volcarona in game, not as a battler, but to help me hatch eggs. Flame Body decreases the hatching time, and Fly can be useful too. As far as I know, Volcarona is the only Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor that can use Fly.

I love Bug-types, they're one of my favorites. I love Ledian, Ariados, Shuckle, Accelgor, Beautifly, and more. Volcarona isn't at the top of the list, but it isn't at the bottom either. In other words, I think it's okay. The design is decent, but not great either.

Last edited:
Volcarona is just waitin' to get on one of my Sun teams. ... I just haven't gotten 'round to makin' one yet. >_>;

It's design is around average quality, I'd say. I don't particularly favor it though.

Back