Pokemon X/Y

^^ You guys still need stuff? Perhaps I may assist? (assuming they're all achievable in this gen)
------------------

Twitch is playing PokeX in about ~22 hours.
I'm not that excited about Twitch playing Poke games as a community after Red. Hype's dead, though it's awesome. Needing collaboration and RNG luck, I didn't think they'd be able to beat one. If only we could come together and solve the world's problems like this.

I got the thing

IMG_20140727_161908497_HDR_zpsbns9e5tf.jpg~original

IMG_20140727_161756317_HDR_zpsrte3xl5a.jpg~original

IMG_20140727_161825645_HDR_zpsshxzdynm.jpg~original

^^ You guys still need stuff? Perhaps I may assist? (assuming they're all achievable in this gen)------------------Twitch is playing PokeX in about ~22 hours.I'm not that excited about Twitch playing Poke games as a community after Red. Hype's dead, though it's awesome. Needing collaboration and RNG luck, I didn't think they'd be able to beat one. If only we could come together and solve the world's problems like this.
:lol: how cute. I just started to actually play pokemon... On the pokemon showdown site. Made a team up.Slaking, cofagrigus, Gligar, cresselia, sharpedo, amoongus. Man it's so fun going in with slaking :lol:. Probably my favorite pokemon.

I see your thing, and raise you 21 more.
IMAG0202.jpg
well, I found it on the net. I'm actually jealous. Having trouble obtaining one myself, but I will soon. Soon.
Aww, and I was about to hunt you down and steal your game...

Is it any good to use?
It's okay, I suppose. It has high bulk like Carbink, but has actual offenses, so it's not a sitting duck. Diamond Storm is a great move with actually reliable accuracy and a very impressive 50% chance to boost physical defense. Its typing lets it counter/check certain Pokemon rather well, like Megazard X, Dragonite, etc. Really the biggest issue is its lack of recovery, it doesn't even get friggin' Pain Split (which would be almost acceptable considering its low HP). The second biggest issue is that while it has some great moves, those are...the only moves it has. It gets stuff like Diamond Storm, Moonblast, Trick Room, Calm Mind, Light Screen, Stealth Rock, and Reflect, which is cool, but besides that it doesn't have much to work with. Also, its only (good) rock STAB is physical while its only fairy STAB is special, meaning that if it wants to use both, it has to go mixed with a -speed nature, and fully investing in both offenses is probably a bad idea outside of maybe an offensive Trick Room set.

As stated, it can probably take advantage of Trick Room decently, while supporting its teammates with said move as well. A Calm Mind set also seems like an option, but the coverage would be bad and it has a good amount of weaknesses to take advantage of, not to mention the lack of reliable recovery. And -- of course -- it can try using a fully defensive set with Stealth Rock, which still suffers from the recovery issue, and setting up screens alongside SR means that it wouldn't even get Lefties recovery due to holding Light Clay.

Its mega will probably be pretty good though, Magic Bounce with higher speed and offenses. I hope its speed reaches at least base 100. The lower defenses will be problematic but I can't see them getting lowered by more than 30 points each, 50/120/120 is still good.

Without Trick Room, because I normally don't run that, means it'll be more of a defensive poke for me, if not already. No recovery moves and/or being a mixed attacker is sure death it seems. You can Rest probably but that'll just leave you open. For support, I'd rather have Kefki for screens + entry setup, and if I'm going for straight stall/bulk; Shuckle has the best advantage for that, he has the highest in the game, he's got it covered. Diancie's x4 weakness to Steel may be a problem due to Aegis/Aggron, or even x2 from an EQ. Everyone has a fariy killer prepared. EQ is just powerful. 50 base speed? Maybe Trick Room is the only way since Rock Polish won't exactly help. Though you said the offensive move pool isn't anything to be proud of and it's split. I'll have to wait and see for the Mega.

Which would you choose if it were offensive, Physical or Special?

Trick Room Support / Stealth Rock Setup

Diancie @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP / 188 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 0 Spe
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Berry is for 1/2 damage from Steel (x2 instead of x4) so you can setup Trick Room
Stealth Rock setup at least before dying
Attacks are for stab and if Taunted/Tormented/done with setup

Combine this with other Slow/Trick Room pokes or Vs fast OU pokes.
Tested this ~7 times on Showdown, usually won't go very well. But rarely, it's perfect.

I probably have no idea what I'm actually doing, so by all means, someone hand me my ass back.

Pokeball Vivillon is up for grabs 'til a few days from now. Get it ASAP.

Official Event thread? ... What's that?

Without Trick Room, because I normally don't run that, means it'll be more of a defensive poke for me, if not already. No recovery moves and/or being a mixed attacker is sure death it seems. You can Rest probably but that'll just leave you open. For support, I'd rather have Kefki for screens + entry setup, and if I'm going for straight stall/bulk; Shuckle has the best advantage for that, he has the highest in the game, he's got it covered. Diancie's x4 weakness to Steel may be a problem due to Aegis/Aggron, or even x2 from an EQ. Everyone has a fariy killer prepared. EQ is just powerful. 50 base speed? Maybe Trick Room is the only way since Rock Polish won't exactly help. Though you said the offensive move pool isn't anything to be proud of and it's split. I'll have to wait and see for the Mega.

Which would you choose if it were offensive, Physical or Special?

Trick Room Support / Stealth Rock Setup

Diancie @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 200 HP / 188 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Def / 31 SpA / 31 SpD / 0 Spe
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room

Berry is for 1/2 damage from Steel (x2 instead of x4) so you can setup Trick Room
Stealth Rock setup at least before dying
Attacks are for stab and if Taunted/Tormented/done with setup

Combine this with other Slow/Trick Room pokes or Vs fast OU pokes.
Tested this ~7 times on Showdown, usually won't go very well. But rarely, it's perfect.

I probably have no idea what I'm actually doing, so by all means, someone hand me my ass back.

Probs physical, because Diamond Storm has that chance to raise defense, though either one works. Depends what you want it to beat easier.

Babiri berry isn't a good item choice, just do leftovers. Steel moves aren't very common outside of Scizor, Aegislash (who's now banned lol), and a few others, it's not worth it.

Ain't always a matter of how good so much as how metagame-centralizing. Aegislash has its checks, but it's still seen on countless teams.

Back