Premier League Football Talk

For one, Saha and Solskjaer are both injured. Secondly, they only had 3 shots on target (http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_2861122,00.html go to the bottom of the page - 'Shots on Target: 3'). With Saha and Solskjaer out, as well as Rooney injured and Cristiano Ronaldo suspended, he would have been forced to play 5 in midfield - Carrick and Hargreaves holding, Scholes attacking, Nani and Giggs on the flanks, but really they were playing like wingers and coming inside, then Tevez up top, but the formation meant that there was always at least 3 players (often Tevez, Nani and Giggs) primarily attacking. So there shouldn't of really been a problem there. Sure Richards and Dunne had outstanding games, and so did Schmeichel, but if they can't break a trio of that calibur down, what happens when they come up against a better defence? Its so simple to see that the current problems are due to the lack of a typical centre forward playing, and scoring cheap goals. They look a bit like arsenal last year - always trying to score the perfect goal. Now arsenal are scoring more of the scrappy goals, which is what all teams need to do at the end of the day.

Oh I nearly forgot - Rob Styles has been withdrawn from refereeing in next weekend's fixtures. Thank f*ck, a team might actually get the victory they deserve then, rather than getting anally violated by supposedly one of the best referee's in English football.

Last edited:
http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,-75330,00.html

if u watched tevez cloesly a few times he was playing just on the left running at the goal as a winger might, i don't think he is the lone striker type.

i agree with you on the arsenal point, united have been like that since RVN left, with no real poachers on the team they just look to score the perfect goal every match.

i'm pleased to here that the reff of the chelsea and liverpool game got taken off the list for this weekends action.

Last edited:
Maybe we should forget the discussion on how many chances on target they had because all websites will differ won't they! Plus it depends on what they class as 'on target'. Like if its blocked by a defender is it on target etc. So I'm willing to forget that little debate if you are.

But anyway, that's jus how Tevez plays though isn't it, he isn't an out-an-out striker, but he was probably asked to play there because there wasn't anybody else to. The next closest player available to a striker was Giggs, so they were, as they often do, rotating mid-game. They always had 3 in the attacking third though, Tevez, Giggs and Nani, whatever combination of two wingers and a centre forward.

Sorry about the double post, but I was the last person to say something and now I'm talking about something else...

Oh, my, F*CKing, God. Surprise, F*CKING surprise. Did anybody just watch the Man Utd Spurs game? WHAT THE F*CK WAS BENNETT DOING?!? That was a blatant penalty, but of course, it was against Man Utd and it was at Old Trafford, therefore the ref couldn't possibly give a penalty! Once again Man Utd get a footballing decision in their favour with no questions asked.

I am f*cking pissed.

Lewi T said:
Sorry about the double post, but I was the last person to say something and now I'm talking about something else...

Oh, my, F*CKing, God. Surprise, F*CKING surprise. Did anybody just watch the Man Utd Spurs game? WHAT THE F*CK WAS BENNETT DOING?!? That was a blatant penalty, but of course, it was against Man Utd and it was at Old Trafford, therefore the ref couldn't possibly give a penalty! Once again Man Utd get a footballing decision in their favour with no questions asked.

I am f*cking pissed.

Lol hahaaa! I'm soooooo happy! I swear that wasn't a penalty, I thought it hit his chest... and it wasn't because it was at Old Trafford... It was because the referee and the linesman couldn't see because Brown was surrounded lol

Nani's goal, WOWIE!! He played so well this time, Ferguson probably told him not to be afraid to shoot, it worked! lol and the flips he did after... OH MY GOSH! I loved that match. UNITED FTW.

Celestial said:
Lol hahaaa! I'm soooooo happy! I swear that wasn't a penalty, I thought it hit his chest... and it wasn't because it was at Old Trafford... It was because the referee and the linesman couldn't see because Brown was surrounded lol

Nani's goal, WOWIE!! He played so well this time, Ferguson probably told him not to be afraid to shoot, it worked! lol and the flips he did after... OH MY GOSH! I loved that match. UNITED FTW.
That was so a blatant penalty! It clearly hit him in the arm! It was because it was at Old Trafford why it wasn't given. The ref's view may have been a bit obstructed, but after watching 'The Final Word' on SS1 after, Andy Gray showed that the linesman had a clear view, but he failed, as most officials do, to award a penalty against Man Utd.

Nani's goal wasn't all that. It was an average shot at best, but it was deflected off of Tevez's shoulder, forcing it upwards a couple of inches, and therefore taking it away from the hand of Robinson. So really it was Teves' goal, if it didn't hit him Robbo would have saved it. And he played ok, he didn't do anything particularly special. What about the flips? Oh wow, I see them every week.

Did anyone see the Sevilla Getafe game last night (Saturday night)? F*cking hell, a player had a heart attack on the pitch! How bad is that?!
Also, how gay is the match viewing rights in Spain?? I didn't get to see Real last night and tonight I didn't get to see Barca because some pr*cks can't resolve something pathetic!

Yeaa, but I don't see flips everyday, so it amazes me :)

I was watching Match of the Day, it showed a few replays and close ups of it and it showed that it hit his chest, the linesman had a clear view, even the MotD people said it his Brown's chest... Ohh well doesn't really matter.

Celestial said:
Yeaa, but I don't see flips everyday, so it amazes me :)

I was watching Match of the Day, it showed a few replays and close ups of it and it showed that it hit his chest, the linesman had a clear view, even the MotD people said it his Brown's chest... Ohh well doesn't really matter.
i listened to the game on the radio, and the commentators said it was a clearly not a penalty.

even if it was a penalty. just look at the one chelsea got at liverpool, disgusting discision.

Gaz said:
i listened to the game on the radio, and the commentators said it was a clearly not a penalty.

even if it was a penalty. just look at the one chelsea got at liverpool, disgusting discision.

Yea that's true... Liverpool really should've won that. I think United's win will boost their confidence, I have a feeling they're gonna be playing a lot better, well I hope so. Saha should be playing in their next game, will be VERY helpful

steelersfatboy said:
in the United states we have the NFL........................ GO STEELERS
In the US you have the MLS

in England we have the Premier League (no longer allowed to call it the Premiership for some reason) and the Football League, unfortunately I'm resigned to the Football League (League One), but at least there's no one diving around like girls and there's REAL football being played.

Dirty Leeds!

maffmace said:
In the US you have the MLS

in England we have the Premier League (no longer allowed to call it the Premiership for some reason) and the Football League, unfortunately I'm resigned to the Football League (League One), but at least there's no one diving around like girls and there's REAL football being played.

Dirty Leeds!

I'm from the US, and I'll have to agree with you. I like watching a sport where you do use your feet better than watching something where they suck wind on the sidelines after every six seconds. I like both sports fine, but I think that american football players are kind of wimps.

manufan15 said:
I'm from the US, and I'll have to agree with you. I like watching a sport where you do use your feet better than watching something where they suck wind on the sidelines after every six seconds. I like both sports fine, but I think that american football players are kind of wimps.
You're from the US?! I always had you down as being from England, what with being a Man U fan...why do you support Man U?

Back