Super Smash Bros. 4

That last bit

671234855753995590.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
@Mr MR: Why did you also point out certain Assist Trophies that didn't give anyone bigger or lesser chance of appearing, but you didn't point out all assist trophies? Oh and awesome Charizard prediction ^^.

@Bodine: Well since there's several cool outfits for certain characters already, I wouldn't be surprised if Mewtwo would be an alternate outfit for Lucario. Seeing he could mega evolve in his X evolution. And nicely edited picture hahaha, and even if you didn't edit it, well found.
Oh and about Ness: There chance of him returning is about as big as Captain Falcon returning: 99,99%. They were in the orginal SSB, that's all you need.
Although with all these Pokémon I'm starting to have my doubts about Jigglypuff. It's definitely not 99% anymore, but I think the chance of her returning is still over 50%.

@WiiAssassin: Maybe it's cause of the online? I don't know if the 3DS version will get an online, but I'm sure the Wii U version needs much more attention. Also: The fact that it releases later might just mean that it gains quite a few special features we haven't been shown yet ^^.

Other thoughts: I think we might see a final evolution of a grass character from a different generation than 1 and 6.
I guess Sceptile would be most likely, which would be ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN AMAZING. But yeah, that's just a little theory I thought of, since Red is most likely not coming back and there's already a fire and a water starter.
That 3DS mode looks really fun to play. I don't own a 3DS yet, but when they release a Smash Bros 3DS, whether it includes the game or not, I'm buying it.
I really want the 3DS version and I've been waiting for a good chance to buy a 3DS, since there are many more good games for it.
The part that you can connect your Wii U and 3DS helps as well.
The customisable move-sets look VERY interesting to me. This could take tournaments to a whole new level. I'm sooo gonna try that out as soon as I get the game, if it's possible to do from the start...
I really liked that changing arena stage, more than Pokémon Stadium 2. It's pretty small, yet so cool and interesting.
The new items look REALLY fun to play with and even though I already know I won't be playing with items much, I will enjoy the heck out of it when I'm playing with items on.
Oh and the new attacks for returning characters look very cool as well.
So basically:

I CAN'T WAIT THIS LONG FOR IT TO RELEASE D:
(even though it was pretty obvious that it would release in the winter)
(that also boosts me getting a 3DS, damn you smart Nintendo people)

Oh and a little side node I forgot: That first attack Greninja used in the last clip of the Direct looks an awful lot lot Naruto's Rasen Shuriken. Which is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly the odds of us getting a 2nd Pokemon newcomer are very low, considering how Charizard is still there. If either Lucario or Red and his entire team were taken out, then I'd believe otherwise, but that's obviously not the case. Jigglypuff's chances of staying are definitely over 75%, I'd say. Probably over 90%, but I'll say 75% just to be safer.

Yeah I wanted to say 75% first but I said 50% to be safer :p
And the chances are indeed pretty low for Sceptile to appear as well, but it would be really awesome if he did :D

Oh and somehow I forgot to react to your big post, sooo here's my reaction:
Greninja is gonna be so sick ^^.
Wow I didn't notice the Elite Four building, I was only paying attention to the character and his moves. That looks like a pretty awesome stage :D
Yeah online looks really good and I already got a Wii LAN Adapter.
I'd say: The more moves are changed, the more I like it. Cause then it's almost as if it's a new character ^^.
Yeah I didn't expect Ridley to see as a character... That's just bullshit. He's probably a stage hazard now, which is really cool. The best thing they could do in my opinion.
I'm really hoping for Ghirahim as well.
Yeah I think every person who's really into theses series new Yoshi was coming back. I kinda dislike his new green color though, but het, Yoshi is Yoshi :p
(and he's got new attack power :D)
That covers about it. For my reaction.

Sooo now I'm pretty sure the 35 characters was just a rumor. Considering there are now 29 characters. Ness, Cpt. Falcon and Jiggly are still missing. > 32
There will definitely come at least one more Fire Emblem and Star Fox character. Most likely a Kid Icarus character as well (at least I really hope so).
So that would be 35. Yeah there will definitely be more characters than just then, cause then we'd still be missing a Namco character, Ghirahim, Wario and maybe some other single characters like Snake, ROB, Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch. (Don't think they'll all be returning, but there will probably be at least one new one.)

Last edited:
I don't get what all the "Mewtwo's no longer possible!" business is about. Charizard and Greninja did not take away from that. What happened was that since mid-match transformations no longer exist, Red is no longer applicable.

Charizard merely got his own slot like ZSS and Sheik, and Greninja only replaced Squirtle--no one else. This only tells us that Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, or Serperior will be replacing Ivysaur. Either that or no leaf starter at all which is doubtful now that we've seen Greninja, but hey if that DID make a spot for Mewtwo I'd be all for it.

Last edited:
Why is suddenly everyone so obsessed with Mewtwo... When Melee released every one was like: Oh yeah Mewtwo, that's cool. The end.
Now everyone suddenly wants him back, for whatever reason (you can't say it's just because of his Mega Evolution).
I rather have a new Pokémon than Mewtwo again.

technically Charizard is also new comer 2 because Charizard was sidekick for pokemon trainer along with squirtle and ivysaur and this is 1st super smash bros game to have Charizard as playable charcter on his own with no pokemon trainer to guide him

Why is suddenly everyone so obsessed with Mewtwo... When Melee released every one was like: Oh yeah Mewtwo, that's cool. The end.
Now everyone suddenly wants him back, for whatever reason (you can't say it's just because of his Mega Evolution).
I rather have a new Pokémon than Mewtwo again.

My reaction in Melee: "HOLY F**KIN MUTHAF**KER!!! A WILD LEGENDARY BADASS MOTHERF**KING KING OF POKEMANS APPEARED!!! MAAAAAAAIIIIIIN!!!"

I was excited.

And wanted him back ever since...

My reaction to no Mewtwo in Brawl: "This is AAAAALLLLL the characters!? This is BUUUUUUULLLLLSHIIIIIIT!!!"

...might just be because he's my favorite Pokemans.

My reaction to Mewtwo getting two Mega Evolutions in X Y: "Finally! Some recognition for this guy! Now there's no way he won't be in the next Smash!"

Then, alas, I LITERALLY got Greninja'd.

Mewtwo is just a way of life for some people.

@Mr MR: Why did you also point out certain Assist Trophies that didn't give anyone bigger or lesser chance of appearing, but you didn't point out all assist trophies? Oh and awesome Charizard prediction ^^.
The assist trophies deconfirms the character a playable.
People where hoping for Lyndis and others Waluigi and some Dark Samus and still some who thought Midna and Wolf Link would get in

Those were all hopes and dreams that died yesterday. I was simply stating it.

If Little Mac was not announced and then revealed as an Assist Trophy, his name would be up there too.

Honestly the odds of us getting a 2nd Pokemon newcomer are very low, considering how Charizard is still there. If either Lucario or Red and his entire team were taken out, then I'd believe otherwise, but that's obviously not the case. Jigglypuff's chances of staying are definitely over 75%, I'd say. Probably over 90%, but I'll say 75% just to be safer.
I think it's more close to 90%, if not 100% for Jigglypuff. She still appeals to the Female Audience. She represents Fairy Type now spanning the gap of generations. She is also part of the old guard.

Wow I didn't notice the Elite Four building, I was only paying attention to the character and his moves. That looks like a pretty awesome stage :D
Thank Squid

Yeah online looks really good and I already got a Wii LAN Adapter.
I'd say: The more moves are changed, the more I like it. Cause then it's almost as if it's a new character ^^.
If you haven't played Project M by now you should. You will love it.

Sooo now I'm pretty sure the 35 characters was just a rumor. Considering there are now 29 characters. Ness, Cpt. Falcon and Jiggly are still missing. > 32
There will definitely come at least one more Fire Emblem and Star Fox character. Most likely a Kid Icarus character as well (at least I really hope so).
So that would be 35. Yeah there will definitely be more characters than just then, cause then we'd still be missing a Namco character, Ghirahim, Wario and maybe some other single characters like Snake, ROB, Ice Climbers and Mr Game & Watch. (Don't think they'll all be returning, but there will probably be at least one new one.)
I say we are already pushing 40+

The Old Guard: Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness
The Veterans: Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game&Watch, Falco
The Sophomores: Wario, Wolf, Meta Knight, Snake, ROB, Ike
The Freshmen: New Fire Emblem Character?, Namco Character?, Legend of Zelda Character?, New Donkey Kong Character? New Pokémon Character?

Nintendo's Big 3
Mario roster so far: (5) Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina
Legend of Zelda roster so far: (4) Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Sheik
Pokémon roster so far: (4) Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Greninja

High Tier
Kirby: (2) Kirby, Dedede
Metroid: (2) Samus, Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong: (2) Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Star Fox: (1) Fox

Mid Tier
Fire Emblem: (1) Marth
Kid Icarus: (1) Pit

Mid Low Tier

Pikmin: (1) Olimar
Animal Crossing: (1) Villager
Yoshi: (1) Yoshi

Low Tier

WiiFit: (1) WiiFit Trainer
Punch-Out!!: (1) Little Mac

3rd Party
Mega Man
Sonic

The way I see it is the Big 3 will get a max of 5-6 reps (Most likely 5)
High Tier will get a max of 3
Mid Tier will get a max of 3-2 (unclear)
Mid Low Tier will get a max of 1-2 (most likely 1)
Low Tier will get only 1
Third Party will only ever get 1

Considering they removed duel characters, that means Tetra has a chance alone but I see the 5th spot going to Ganon (at the rate they are going he is probably going to be a fresh new Ganon)

The Pokémon Roster's 5th spot will be Jigglypuff most likely for reasons stated above

The Kirby Seires will get Meta Knight
Metroid Seires still needs a villain and Ridley and Dark Samus are gone now
Donkey Kong has room for another character (Dixie Kong or King K. Rool most likely)
Star Fox has 2 characters that are Vets. Wolf's position is pretty solid. Falco's not so much.

Fire Emblem has a lot of room. It came out with a really popular game and it deserves a rep. Ike is extremely popular in the Fire Emblem fanbase and the Smash fanbase so I think Fire Emblem will get 3 slots.
Kid Icarus will probably get Palutena

The other I think will stay at 1

Currently at 29
Expecting at the very least 10 more
Those 10 being:
Ganon
Jigglypuff
Metaknight
Ness
Captain Falcon
Wolf
Ike
Robin (or another Fire Emblem Character)
Palutena
Wario (Considering he is not an Assist Trophy but Waluigi is)

Likely 6:
Shulk
Lucas
Mr. Game&Watch
Falco (I see him as an Alt Costume of Fox and I see Fox's moveset being edited to be made into a Falco Moveset in Tournaments)
Namco Character
Donkey Kong Character (Dixie Kong/King K. Rool)

Optimistic 4:
Ice Climbers
Snake
Mewtwo
ROB

I don't get what all the "Mewtwo's no longer possible!" business is about. Charizard and Greninja did not take away from that. What happened was that since mid-match transformations no longer exist, Red is no longer applicable.

Charizard merely got his own slot like ZSS and Sheik, and Greninja only replaced Squirtle--no one else. This only tells us that Meganium, Sceptile, Torterra, or Serperior will be replacing Ivysaur. Either that or no leaf starter at all which is doubtful now that we've seen Greninja, but hey if that DID make a spot for Mewtwo I'd be all for it.
I don't think Greninja replaced Squirtle. If you think about it, Greninja was a really good pick off his own merits.
1. He represents the Pokémon Villain being Evil Type and all (In Japanese it's Evil Type).
2. Very popular with casuals and competitive Pokémon Trainers
3. Moveset has really good potential having the ability to go Physical or Special
4. Being a Ninja helps it as a potential fighter.

Also, I think it did replace Mewtwo, because before Mewtwo was the 'Pokémon Villain'

The reason I predicted Charizard as a stand alone character was because of the Mega Evo and the roster cut back. I felt out of those 3 (Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard) Charizard was the most stand alone/fully capable and the most famous/popular/iconic out of the trio

The reason Charizard was picked over the others was because of his own merit

As I see it, there are no Grass Starters that could match Charizard and Greninja
There is one starter that surpasses Greninja and that is Blaziken. But for Type Verity and being less new then Greninja, Blaziken did not get the cut.

That being said, there is no need for Mewtwo but that doesn't undermine his popularity. Only 2 Pokémon have 2 Mega Evos and Mewtwo is one of them. Mewtwo still has a chance to get in. It's just a lot more unlikely now.

If you are worried about triangles
Charizard beats Lucario
Lucario beats Greninja
Greninja beats Charizard

Last edited:
Donkey Kong has room for another character (Dixie Kong most likely)
Don't forget we already have Diddy Kong. I don't think the series is going to get any new characters.

A Grass-type starter might not be uncommon. But considering Snivy is a Poke Ball, Serperior's basically deconfirmed. As MR said, there aren't many good Grass-types. Charizard is somewhat of a veteran and Greninja is the newcomer. It might be a bit difficult to draw a line between, or represent one over the other. However, I dislike the fact that Pikachu's typing now has an advantage over two Pokemon (not that it will matter competitively), so I still want to see another.

@Bodine, lol if you really like him that much I get why you'd want him back. But I feel like some people are only nagging about him because they want to nag.

@Mr MR, Ah I see. Though Waluigi was already known for quite some time.
Damn I really get Jigglypuff gets rid of either Rest, Rollout or Pound; hopefully at least 2 of them. Better smash attacks would be great and her sing should definitely be buffed.
If all that happens, especiall if she gets some kind of fairy projectile attack like you guys said, then I'll like her a lot :D
I know I will love Project: M. It's a shame I don't feel like homebrewing my Wii and all that ****. So I'm waiting for a PAL-Release, which they promised to release quite some time ago. I wonder what I'll be able to play first: Project: M or the new Wii U version of the game... Pretty sad if the Wii U version comes first.

Shouldn't Yoshi be in the Mario roster as well? That's where I'd put him at least
I haven't played any Metroid games so far (Although I do own Metroid: Other M. Only started the first few minutes so far) So which other Samus character could be a good possibility to get into the Smash series? I just searched for it and I guess Chozo could be a possibility. Right?
I don't think Kid Icarus will get 3 characters. I'm already glad if they get 2 :D But yeah I hope 3 for Fire Emblem, not too sure about it though, like you said.
Hmmm I'd rather have Ghirahim than Ganon, even though I like Ganon more. But maybe they'll both join, seeing how many Zelda items there are. That would be sweet.
I'd rather see King K Rool than Dixie, since Dixie is just too much of a Diddy copy in my opinion. Cranky would be awesome, hahahaha.
Wow you think Wolf's position is more solid than Falco's? I hope so, cause even though Falco was edited a lot in brawl, he still was kindof the same as Fox. I still hate Falco's gun. SLIPPY <3
I'd rather see a different Kirby character than Meta Knight, but he's definitely got the highest chance. I have no clue who else they could choose for a Kirby character.
Like Squidy, I'm still not 100% convinced about Ike returning, even though it does make sense based on what you're saying.

Lol what do you mean by worried by triangles? Iluminati? lol

@Tragonight, I didn't even notice Snivy being a pokéball. However, I did notice Chespin, so that one's deconfirmed as well. I was already thinking about Sceptile from the beginning when I didn't know about Snivy or Chespin, cause it just makes for the better Grass Smasher. Lol I like how you care about the Pokémon typing being super-effective in a SSB game >.<

Ah I see. Though Waluigi was already known for quite some time.
Damn I really get Jigglypuff gets rid of either Rest, Rollout or Pound; hopefully at least 2 of them. Better smash attacks would be great and her sing should definitely be buffed.
If all that happens, especiall if she gets some kind of fairy projectile attack like you guys said, then I'll like her a lot :D
I know I will love Project: M. It's a shame I don't feel like homebrewing my Wii and all that ****. So I'm waiting for a PAL-Release, which they promised to release quite some time ago. I wonder what I'll be able to play first: Project: M or the new Wii U version of the game... Pretty sad if the Wii U version comes first.
There wre still some who thought Waluigi could make it in. Their dreams have been killed. hehehe

I HATE WALUIGI

Speaking of Slippy
Apparently there has been some talk of Slippy being in Project M.

Shouldn't Yoshi be in the Mario roster as well? That's where I'd put him at least
I haven't played any Metroid games so far (Although I do own Metroid: Other M. Only started the first few minutes so far) So which other Samus character could be a good possibility to get into the Smash series? I just searched for it and I guess Chozo could be a possibility. Right?
Mario characters have the Mushroom Symbol
Yoshi has the Egg Symbol

The problem with Metroid villains is their size. All of them are HUMUNGOUS. Ridley was wanted the most. Dark Samus was the most reasonable. But unfortunately Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy and Ridley is a Stage Hazard. Kraid ended up as a Stage in Melee.
The Chozo are also pretty big.

I don't think Kid Icarus will get 3 characters. I'm already glad if they get 2 :D But yeah I hope 3 for Fire Emblem, not too sure about it though, like you said.
I don't think Kid Icarus will get 3 either
But I do think Fire Emblem will get 3

Hmmm I'd rather have Ghirahim than Ganon, even though I like Ganon more. But maybe they'll both join, seeing how many Zelda items there are. That would be sweet.
I'd rather see King K Rool than Dixie, since Dixie is just too much of a Diddy copy in my opinion. Cranky would be awesome, hahahaha.
I prefer Ganon way over Ghirahim
Reason: Triangles

Yeah I just realized I forgot to include King K Rool
Fixed

Wow you think Wolf's position is more solid than Falco's? I hope so, cause even though Falco was edited a lot in brawl, he still was kindof the same as Fox. I still hate Falco's gun. SLIPPY <3
I'd rather see a different Kirby character than Meta Knight, but he's definitely got the highest chance. I have no clue who else they could choose for a Kirby character.
Like Squidy, I'm still not 100% convinced about Ike returning, even though it does make sense based on what you're saying.
Wolf is a villain
Falco is a clone

I feel Sakurai will include Wolf for the second Star Fox rep
Though he still could include both

Lol what do you mean by worried by triangles? Iluminati? lol
HAHAHAHA
I was thinking the same thing when posting that
Pokémon games usually have Super Effective Triangles
Lucario: Fighting Steel
Charizard: Fire Flying
Greninja: Water Dark

Fire Beats Steel
Fighting Beets Dark
Water Beats Fire

Maybe if they throw in a Grass type it won't be a starter? I mean, we do have Lucario. Not a starter, not a legendary, he's just... in there.

What?! I love Waluigi as much as I love Birdo: AN AWFUL LOT. They are so underrated. I don't really like the fact that the only thing they come up with for Waluigi is his tennis racket... Birdo could be an epic assist trophy as well, with her shooting eggs.
Yeah I saw the april fools Slippy video for Project M.

Oh ok, kinda weird about Yoshi imo, but seems legit.
Even though I barely played any Samus games, I'd love to see a villain as well.
Dude are you serious? I hope you were joking about the triangles... And I wonder what other reasons you have. I guess you just like the character more, like me.
I like triangles more than squares ._.
I've seen enough Falco. GIMME ALL YOUR SLIPPYNESS.

Lol I know what you meant by that kind of triangle, but especially the word: "Worried" made me think of Illuminati. Why would someone be worried about a Poké-triangle? xD

@Bodian: Yeah, like Jigglypuff. I hope Sakurai does some other unexpected stuff, I love that about him :D

Back