Super Smash Bros. 4

We like Ike!
We like Ike!
We like Ike!

I personally believe my hopes for Robin may have increased if just slightly. With two swordsmen in the game now, I think it would make more sense to have a magic user as the Awakening rep (which I would be astounded if the most successful Fire Emblem game doesn't get represented.)

Last edited:
Yeah and Ike having a cool looking shoulderpad, kinda makes up for Chrom's shoulderpad (even though Chrom's looks worse, but has a awesome cape on it)
I'm in for Robin, but I'd even more appreciate a non-sword FE character. Maybe a hammer or an axe user :)

Speaking of axes and Vanguard Ike... I'm fine with Ike having Counter, but I kinda wish he would have switched it with throwing an axe instead to mix things up.

They could still change his forward special to throwing an axe. I don't know much about FE, but that would be cool.

Will they even add an Awakening playable character then? I recall Smash 4 supposedly not having many new or returning characters due some contrived reason. Ike doesn't have much of a purpose in this unless he's got another game coming up.

Will they even add an Awakening playable character then? I recall Smash 4 supposedly not having many new or returning characters due some contrived reason. Ike doesn't have much of a purpose in this unless he's got another game coming up.

Throw that old idea out the window. Sakurai's words, if vaguely stated, cannot be trusted. Especially news from around two years ago. Anyway Awakening IS getting a character, I can 99% guarantee it. It's not like it's a surprise, Fire Emblem has had two characters since Melee, so adding one more for Smash 4 is plausible, ESPECIALLY with Awakening's success. Let's look at the potential amount of characters anyway:

For Smash 4 we currently have 30 revealed characters. Let's go ahead and add the absolute most likely ones: G&W, Ness, Jiggs, Falco, Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, and Ganondorf. That's eight characters that are most likely returning. 38 characters that are in for sure. Brawl had 39 characters, so we haven't even hit Brawl's character count yet. Say we have four or five more newcomers: That makes for 42-43 characters for the final SSB4 roster. That's not THAT MANY more playable characters than Brawl.

Now this is leaving out Snake, Lucas, R.O.B, Wolf, Squirtle, and Ivysaur. Some of these characters may still have a possibility and let's say a couple of these made it back in. That would still be in the 44-46 range. That's a handful more for sure, but not a ridiculous amount.

Last edited:
I DEFINITELY WANT ROBIN

I pointed this out to Captain
That Ike's Sword seems to be smaller this time around

I noticed that too. But I think it may just look smaller compared to Ike now. If memory serves Ike is taller in Radiant Dawn right? It's hard to really tell for Smash because they didn't have him stand next to anyone but he may have gotten taller in this game too, as well as the extra muscle factoring in there.

It looks like Ike somehow swallowed Greil and he's trying to get out. Seriously, what happened?
oqevas1orn72p8igv5vv.jpg

v9efldvxj4ybbantstss.png

I noticed that too. But I think it may just look smaller compared to Ike now. If memory serves Ike is taller in Radiant Dawn right? It's hard to really tell for Smash because they didn't have him stand next to anyone but he may have gotten taller in this game too, as well as the extra muscle factoring in there.
Right
Ike in Path of Radiance is 17
Ike in Radiant Dawn is 20
So in 3 years he grew and became very much taller and ripped

Thanks for putting those next to eachother Assassin, I've been wanting to compare them and now you did it for me ;D

Back