Super Smash Bros. 4

Lucario of course.
Can anyone think of other clones who would be possible in this way?
Not Mewtwo, as Traggy stated

The thing with Lucina is that she basically cosplays Marth...I can't see someone like Waluigi getting away with that like she would have. Pittoo and the Pikmin characters could work, can't think of much else.

Lol I know he was not a clone in Melee, but they could easily change that.

Yeah Pittoo and other Pikmin captains would be pretty awesome indeed :D And Waluigi is already an assist trophy anyway.

tumblr_n3qx4ezi6Y1rems4xo1_500.gif

... Who?!

Why not? All of us will be satisfied from our hype in October and you'll just be sitting there waiting for the Wii U version to release. ._.

I may not get the 3DS release myself. It's incredibly likely, but if I don't feel the 3DS' Wii U-interactions justify purchasin' the same game twice, I won't get the 3DS release.

Whichever one is better seemingly depends on how often good Marth players can land sweet spot blows.

Tippers do additional damage and knockback, but the former is very much negligible and the latter only matters when it leads to an outright blastzone KO. Tippers are an extra KO option for Marth, which is an edge (ba-dum-tssh) over Lucina rather than a con.

specialization >>>>>>>>>>>>>> balance

Who is Mewtwo a clone of?

Lucario of course.

I may not get the 3DS release myself. It's incredibly likely, but if I don't feel the 3DS' Wii U-interactions justify purchasin' the same game twice, I won't get the 3DS release.
Calling them the "same game" is an exaggeration considering that they each have near totally different stages. Smash Run is also unique to the 3DS version, among other things, probably.

They are the same game with different stages and game modes. In other words, the differences between Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are equivalent to CoD DLC.

They are the same game with different stages and game modes. In other words, the differences between Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are equivalent to CoD DLC.
I never said they weren't close to being the same game, I just said you were exaggerating their similarities. Your comparison is downright cruel, sir.

Differences equivalent to CoD DLC does not prevent two games from bein' the exact same game. Smash 3DS and Smash 4 are the exact same game down to their core and play the exact same way, with solely said minor, irrelevant differences differentiating 'em.

That... that sounds horrible.
Sakurai never tried to make it sound like they were extremely different games. I don't think. Realistically it should have only been for the Wii U to boost the console's sales, but hey, at least this allows people with only a 3DS to play it. And it allows more interested fans to get both and enjoy both versions. Well, us financially capable fans, at least.

I do not think it sensible to release a multi-platform game to boost a struggling console's sales. Especially when the undoubtedly more successful 3DS version releases BEFORE the WiiU version, taking a further chunk of the profits away. And if the consumers end up not liking the 3DS release, why buy an entire non-portable console for a similar experience? One way around this is if they were indeed considerably different games. Complementary.

I do not think it sensible to release a multi-platform game to boost a struggling console's sales. Especially when the undoubtedly more successful 3DS version releases BEFORE the WiiU version, taking a further chunk of the profits away. And if the consumers end up not liking the 3DS release, why buy an entire non-portable console for a similar experience? One way around this is if they were indeed considerably different games. Complementary.
I guess Sakurai just really wanted to try a handheld version of Smash. And as much as I'll enjoy having two versions, I do wish that it was only for the Wii U, as that would ultimately be better for Ninty.

No, it'd be better for the WiiU. Not good for Ninty. The 3DS release is necessary for Smash to sell well, since it's virtually impossible that the WiiU version will push copies anywhere near Brawl's figures.

Back