Super Smash Bros. 4

Yeah the character placement is the weirdest part, as well as no names...
Alright, nevermind then ._.

I saw that leak on my Twitter yesterday, found several problems with it.

First of all, like you guys mentioned, there's no rhyme or reason to the character placement. The N64 version organized the default characters by chronological introduction, with Mario and DK being first and Pikachu being last. I don't know how Melee organized them other than the fact that they're organized by franchise, but the clone characters were placed right next to the characters they were based off of. In Brawl, the characters are organized by franchise in columns, with the first column being the Mario family, the second column being the Mario spinoffs, the third column being the Zelda characters, the fourth column being NES favorites such as Samus and Pit, and the final column belonging to third party characters Sonic and Snake (and for some reason Mr. Game and Watch). In the leak, Rosalina is placed AFTER Yoshi, when Rosalina's franchise icon is the Mushroom, indicating her appearance in the Mario franchise. It would be odd to have Yoshi lodged between Bowser and Rosalina. Also, Bowser Jr. is placed after Rosalina, when any sane person would place him after Bowser. That, and considering how Bowser Jr. is hated among the Mario fanbase, he wouldn't have made it into the roster in the first place. Also, Dr. Mario is separated from the Mario cast. That alone should be indication. Wario's icon also looks like it was taken from his model in Brawl, and Lucina's icon is separated from the Fire Emblem cast. Since she was originally conceived to be a Marth alt, she should at least be after Robin in the picture. Duck Hunt was most likely added as a surprise element, since we see one every game after Melee (Mr. Game and Watch, R. O. B.), but we've already been shown Wii Fit Trainer. We're not likely to get another to be brutally honest.

I should also point out that ROB's head's coloration is a bit off. His Brawl rendition was based off of his Japanese Famicom rendition, which was cream colored. However, his head looks grey, like his international rendition in the roster.

Last edited:
Really? There's hatred against Bowser Jr.? I've never even read one comment or post against Bowser Jr. Why would you hate on him anyway?
Oh well...

You do make some good points yeah. Like I said... Nevermind

I hate BJ
Because Koopalings are better
because the koopalings have so much personality
if they had actual speaking roles or something to flesh out their character more, I might actually like some of them. Well, that's not entirely true, I like Iggy, Roy, Ludwig, and Lemmy to some extent if just because of their designs. Ludwig in particular could have been a cool character if they actually bothered to give him dialogue or somefin. This is Mario, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't or can't give a little depth to the characters.

Bowser Jr. is actually somewhat interesting and has actual known personality. He's a brat, but I always found that slightly amusing, he's not annoying.

You don't have to hate Bowser Jr because you like the Koopalings better...

I do like Iggy, Ludwig and Roy a lot as well, but I really like Bowser Jr too.
I really don't like Lemmy's design though... Don't really like his color palette & that ponytail-mohawk combination makes me barf everytime I see him.
Larry and Morton are.. alright. And Wendy is just... Such a Wendy.

gravity_falls___wendy_by_thearenddude-d5b39tz.png
Best Wendy

Back