Super Smash Bros. 4

No, there's no comparison with that DLC to Smash 4 character DLC. The Mercedes Benz part'a the DLC was sponsored; it didn't need to cost the fans anythin'. The rest was just patch-update stuff, most likely tagged into the Benz DLC solely for convenience. Not only will Smash 4 characters be sponsored, they'l need more than just nice lookin' textures. There's character balance 'n testing, the actual creation and refinement of the character's moveset and animations, etc. Tons of work is put into a single character t' make it ready for the public eye. Eye candy that uses another cart's statistics and hitboxes? Not so much.

So you're trying to say that they'll make us pay for the DLC of a very well known Nintendo game? I doubt it, many people would be against it and it would be upsetting to play against characters you don't have online.
If you tried to say that there won't be DLC at all, then you missed my point, cause that's not what I meant.

If Duck Hunt Dog is playable and actually throws/shoots with ducks, then I will definitely main him.

Oh and you guys HAVE to check the information on the vid I sent on the post before this one, cause at 0:41 there is some really cool information. It made me even more hyped :D I <3 Alt Costumes & Color Swaps

Last edited:
So you're trying to say that they'll make us pay for the DLC of a very well known Nintendo game? I doubt it

Super Weegee U would like t' have a word with you.

Though that's not precisely my point, we don't yet know if there really will be DLC characters. Certainly can't know whether or not they'l cost monies either. My point was that the Benz DLC is pathetic in comparison to any sort'a fighting game character DLC. So much more work goes into the latter, and thus the Benz DLC isn't a good example to base the statement "Smash 4 DLC will be free" on.

I find it much more likely we'd have t' pay for DLC characters than gettin' 'em free.

Last edited:
Of course we won't know if there'll be DLC or not, but Super Weegee U was more like an own entire game if you ask me.
I really don't think they'd make us pay for more SSB characters, since that limits you in your character options.

BUT another Mario Kart DLC has just been announced, which actually does cost money. BUT characters on that game aren't really that important.
Stages are though... So that's kinda weird for the online part. Hmmm....

The announcement of that there Link Kart DLC certainly is fortunate for my argument lol.

Ninty is slowly stepping into the realm of DLC. Smash is easily one'a their biggest not-super-srs titles, and people would happily pay for new characters if the price is right.

I really don't think they'd make us pay for more SSB characters, since that limits you in your character options.

Ninty ain't in the financially best position these post-Wii days, so they probably aren't too eager t' pay programmers to do a ton of work without earnin' somethin' off of said work themselves. Us cheaper gamers bein' limited in character options is better than the non-cheap gamers havin' the same amount of character as we do. For the non-cheap gamers, anyways.

And I can assure ya Ninty pays extra attention to the non-cheap gamers lol.

Well, I'd be really happy to randomly see new characters for SSB available, even if I had to pay for them.
That means there's more characters I can learn to play with :D

Nintendo doesn't have as much debt as the other two, but they still gotta make money. Came late in the DLC trend and online service, but they seem like they're beginning to catch up. Maybe next gen will kick off the playing field or at least negate the gap. They need to learn how to adapt because they're so stubborn sometimes (region lock wtf).
I'd prefer Stage DLC before Characters. Until they're balanced at least.
-----------------

Heard the full roster was leaked. Not sure if true or troll.
Last post in here for a while. Gonna avoid all things Smash 4 like the plague (youtube...).
Not that I don't trust (most of) you. I just know myself.
So if you're gonna talk smack behind my back, this is the time and place to do so. :/

Back