Super Smash Bros. 4

New character confirmed:

Oh and since I'm getting this game for the 3DS after all. (Already ordered the limited SSB 3DS XL :D)
Do you guys mind sending your 3DS friend codes in a private message to me? If you dare to face me, that is :3

Holy crap it's real! Here's the English version to Captain's video.

[video=youtube;ZUTU4OZrjzY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUTU4OZrjzY[/video]

Looks like I have another game to play before Smash Wii U.
Oh and since I'm getting this game for the 3DS after all. (Already ordered the limited SSB 3DS XL :D)
Do you guys mind sending your 3DS friend codes in a private message to me? If you dare to face me, that is :3
1461-6308-5932

private messages suck

also assasin should add all of us now

Thanks :) Why do private messages suck though? I think they work just fine.

Oh and also: ARGH NINTENDO, WHY U NO SAY THIS EARLIER.
I just pre-ordered the 3DS XL Limited SSB Edition and now they are gonna release the "New 3DS XL" as well as a SSB limited edition from that new 3DS...
I really hope I can cancel my order, cause that new 3DS has so many handy things that make my waiting of buying a 3DS worthwhile. Argh, I'm nervous...

He looks weird in that art style. Voice was a little off in the trailer, but at least they kept the British accent. They even brought back those stupid jumping animations from the game.

tumblr_nb2qmyghzI1t85acso1_500.jpg

Where are these coming from?!

tumblr_nb2i24bLT91s49c6co1_500.png

I'd call this sexualization, but tumblr just said no.

Also:shehulk.png

Last edited:
Lol, Shulk in his underpants looks exactly like me, only with lighter hair and no hair anywhere else...
Guess I will be playing with most characters of the roster again. Oh well, that's the fun part :D

1. Shulk looks like such a dweeb when he says "I'm really feeling it!"
2. [character at the very end] assist trophy? They did the same thing with Pittoo, and he's confirmed, but Xenoblade couldn't have two reps...right?
3. Underwear Shulk is only fair with Zamus' new outfit.
4. Riki <3
oh, and Dunban too.
5. Eh, Guar Plains is cool, but I wish they used a more pretty area. Like Eryth Sea.

Lol, Shulk in his underpants looks exactly like me, only with lighter hair and no hair anywhere else...
...fascinating

Holy crap it's real! Here's the English version to Captain's video.
I hope you're not actually surprised

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADRUqGSW8Be3A

[List of Monado Arts]

翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.
Hmm, glad it does more than just changing his Side B or somefin

Last edited:
His attacks match that of the leaks...it looks like we might get Bowser Jr. and the same old Brawl Ganon after all.

O4nKkuH.jpg

Extra Sakurai post in Miiverse's comments:
Shulk's sword, the Monado, slashes enemies with a beam when activated, so it can strike from long range. What really makes this weapon unique is that when the Monado Arts are activated, it can change Shulk's features and abilities! Emerge victorious in battle by changing your abilities strategically!!

Another sword character. Guess Shulk has a shot at bein' a main of mine. 'Specially since he's new.

lol'd hard

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADRUqGSW8Be3A

[List of Monado Arts]

翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

Neat. If Shulk can change arts in midair he'll clearly have a decent recovery game. If he can do it fast, even better; he could go straight from Jump to Defense t' aid with recovering... unless air movement speed is affected negatively too.

Speakin' of, if Jump and Speed modified vertical and especially horizontal air speed movement, that'd be downright amazing.

If Buster lowers knockback considerably, and there's enough hitstun in Smash 4 to do proper combos, Shulk could be a supersrslysrs top tier character.

Lastly, depending on how large the changes each Art activates are, Shulk might be able to turn bad match-ups into neutral ones. i.e. shield all the time against characters that like to trade, Speed to keep up with nimble characters, etc. Buster then Smash would blatantly be the most optimal arts if the effects were small, but if they're notable...

Back