Super Smash Bros. 4

Thanks so much for those vids Mr MR! I'm really interested in things like that ^^.
I feel like these things will effect the game more than you would think. In a good way :D

I got another one
1magbwB.jpg

vi.jpg

eduyfWY.png

VI-vs-DI.png

feaCj1R.png

From http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...lustration_of_vectoringvi_and_how_its/cklzdy7
DI is now Vectorized Influence or VI

In short
Going Up? Hold Direction Stick Down
Going Horizontal? Hold Direction Stick Towards the Stage

Sounds easier, lol.
Where did you have to hold your stick @Brawl? Most of the times down, right?

Sounds easier, lol.
Where did you have to hold your stick @Brawl? Most of the times down, right?
If you are launched horizontally, you aim for the top corner (Generally Hold Up)
If you are launched up, you aim for the sides (Generally Hold Whichever Side)

Thanks again Mr MR.

And yeah, I agree WiiAssasin. Luckily you can change the controls as soon as you have to full game.

Second.png @WiiAssassin
The full game might have button mapping options and the New 3DS has ZR and ZL and a C-Stick

My main problem with Sm4sh 3DS is my directional pad keeps falling off

[video=youtube;vXaBYCBKI1s]http://youtu.be/vXaBYCBKI1s[/video]
Go and get the demo guys

Last edited:
Told ya ^^
I am so pumped to play all the other newcomers... Might want to have a try on a friends' 3DS as soon as he gets it

Level 9's are still pathetic even without my comfortable custom controls. I understand the CSS lock but, why troll with that?

Some aerials have projectile-like functions? This'll definitely change the air game.

Link's F-air seems to have been nerfed in exchange for that really powerful dash attack...

IceDuo not in Smash? Wat.
that's a ****ing good thing

Last edited:
I honestly think there will be DLC for Smash Bros. 3 new characters, so the roster will actually look complete on the screen itself.

Here's a random thing I decided to do: Calculate the number of attacks that Sakurai made for the next Brawl.

Normal jab + Dash attack + 3 Tilts = 5
+ 5 Air attacks = 10
+ Pummel + 4 Throws = 15
+3 Smashes = 18
+ 3 x 4 Specials = 30

30 x 51 characters = 1530 Attacks!!!
Dayumn Sakurai... Respect.

Oh and if the DLC thing comes true and 3 more characters will join, then that'll be 1620 attacks... Like, wow. Just wow.

so many moves to be shown

[video=youtube;26fcTpyxC-M]http://youtu.be/26fcTpyxC-M[/video]
Explanation of the New Ledge Mechanics

Ledge stalling 'n even ledge abuse is simply gone... m2k for bottom tier this means that recovery is like Melee after their first shot at invincibility and a free sweetspot.

Three very obvious (to me), very important things come from this as a result. First and foremost, dropping off the ledge and doin' an aerial to get back on-stage is incredibly risky. Secondly, bein' able to DI into the stage and tech a stage spike as a result is gonna be really important to master... if it's in the game. Is it?

Lastly, large vertical hitboxes, 'specially disjointed ones, are gonna be huge for edge guardin' after those invincibility frames are gone. The safer the hitbox (ohai Megaman's D-air), the better.

I got another one
DI is now Vectorized Influence or VI

In short
Going Up? Hold Direction Stick Down
Going Horizontal? Hold Direction Stick Towards the Stage

Now you can West coast DI in a whole new bad direction. Awesome.

... This makes DI-ing easier since you're less likely to be DI-ing in a bad direction when, say, recovering.

[video=youtube;vXaBYCBKI1s]http://youtu.be/vXaBYCBKI1s[/video]
Go and get the demo guys

w00t

Been playin' it. Link is not severely buffed from what I can tell, besides his recovery. Spin attack is still weak as hell... I also understand why some people have been sayin' Megaman might be lesser in viability: lack of KO power, huge issues dealin' with pressure. But as the metagame develops I don't think Megaman will be entirely unviable... 'less many top tiers counter 'em. Megaman doesn't need to approach, but when he wants to RAR SHFF B-air seems quite good. Ya throw the move out really late too, so a E(mpty)HFF grab is a good mix-up.

Speakin' of Megaman's aerials, his D-air autocancels if ya instadoublejump.

villager is weird

Also, I can only manage to two-stock the lv. 9 CPUs since these controls are bleh... do not want 3DS as controller. Definitely not gettin' Smash 4 on 3DS. By the time I adjust to usin' a 3DS, I'll need t' switch to gamepad (fuck you and your batteries, classic controller).

Back