Super Smash Bros. 4

M2K is M2K lol. Fundamentals 'n knowledge are easily the most important things in a match like that. M2K is the God of variety for he is a God in both of those qualities, but he doesn't main half the cast.

... Um, right?
Well I can tell he picked stuff up from all the people he played against
And he also plays against Armada, and Armada is proficient in many characters

Brawl is a good single player game compared to Melee in my opinion. It has some depth like a story mode and an achievement board, something you don't often see in a fighting game.

Multiplayer wise I think I prefer Melee, even if I'm just casually playing with other people. It's not like they know that Brawl is bad because there's no wave-dashing.

If P:M keeps getting better, I really want a Hylian Nightmare HD... I would totally pay to get Germ into that...

Brawl isn't shite, half it's meta game is, it's tech skill that it added in is actually highly interesting, and the way items changed in it actually add a lot of depth to the game. Brawl is just very very poorly balanced... that's really the only thing that kills it for me, the campiness comes from the player, not the game, you could just as easily have a bunch of melee sheik players hiding on the ledge for three hours. All Brawl needed was more ESAMs, and Salems.

Also, shout outs to Aniki, where the western world has the daring longsword, japan still has it's elegant bow. So fitting.

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/509412333501054976/photo/1

BxHL0WJIMAAqHUI.jpg:large

Nintendo of Europe: Don't cross the Monado Boys.

The demo for Smash 3DS came out in Japan last night.
I dowloaded it onto my 3DS and played it. You can choose between Battlefield and the Final Destination version of Battlefield. You can only play as 5 of what I suppose are default characters (again, Lucina was missing), Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Mega Man. If you play Battlefield's Final Destination mode, items get turned off in the demo, whereas items are turned on in normal Battlefield. All matches in the demo are 2 minute matches (and made me realize how bad I was at Sudden Death...)
I also got to take a look at the default stages in the final product, although I couldn't play them. Among them included the return of several Melee stages, including Jungle Japes, while new unannounced stages were included too, such as Pictochat 2.

Last edited:
Awww, I really would've liked Kirby with Shulk's blonde hair.
Though if I had to choose between either the hair or always carrying the Monado, I'd probably go for the Monado anyway.

@Redreavus, wait 2 minutes stock matches? Looks like we might just get stock matches in the "For Glory" mode in Smash :D
I really hope they'll be more than 2 minutes though, cause then it's almost just like a time match. And the Wario Waft would be pretty useless, since you'll barely be able to use it, if he and his waft return. 4-5 minutes would be fine :)

Update: My best Brawl characters have now been decreased to 14.

Last edited:
Sorry, that 'stock' typo was a mistake. Even in the Final Destination mode, it's a 2 minute match. I don't like the 2 minute matches since they really only give time for like 1 KO.

The first one is not a glitch, and requires a lot of teamwork to pull off, but yeah, it could be broken.

The second one, however.....

I don't know if anyone here has been following the twitch streams of the Japanese full version of the game that a few people got early, but so as to avoid spoiling for anyone I'll just ask first before saying anything.

I don't know if anyone here has been following the twitch streams of the Japanese full version of the game that a few people got early, but so as to avoid spoiling for anyone I'll just ask first before saying anything.

people that want to avoid sm4sh spoilers should have the brains to not be on this thread

yeah, I was watching it. Can't believe that guy lost three times to Duck Hunt Dog. I suppose it's only fitting for said character to be introduced in that way.

Back