Super Smash Bros. 4

holy crap i think ganon's warlock punch has some super armor now

they're really throwing it on a ton of strong characters
You must not play enough of Gerudo King. It's been there before any patch. His ^Tilt is still something to be utilized.

"Strong."
------------

I cannot express how much random lag spikes disgust me. Delayed inputs and buffer-like gameplay? No thanks. Makes a 2 stock match last the entire 5 minutes.

I played in my first wifi tournament today, even that had quite a bit of lag.
Still placed 5th/8. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They were pretty good. Whatcha gonna do?
------------

Amiibo Loot Crate!
You get 10 Amiibos + an exclusive T-shirt + smaller prizes for the low, low price of...
165$ - 50$ + 5$ shipping a week OR
150$ - all paid up front

1st week; Mario, DK, Pika, Kirb + Wristband
2nd week; Fox, Samus, Peach, Yosh + bag
3rd week; Zelda, Luigi + T-shirt

I could probably get this since I only got Link preordered and he's not included... but nah.
Oh, they already sold out? Well, well...

With more Amiibos coming, there's bound to be a 2nd Loot Crate.
------------

Edit:
Oh goodie. Yet another Smash (1.0.4) update with no explanation of what's in it. Yay.

This video from CLASH Tournaments covers most of it.
Changes in Smash Bros 1.0.4 for the 3DS.

Possibly should be in the AT thread, but still relates.

Last edited:
when i went preorder Link amiibo last thursday, and i ask did u know that iwata on nintendo direct said ssb wiiu is coming on november 28th and gamestop cashier said well still according our systems its still says december 5th, until that changes we still say its 5th december and new update for ssb today

Also, Smash Wii U is out. I feel like there won't be too many people playing it because you actually need a Wii U.
Speak for yourself. I got both. And it's glorious in HD.
You still haven't added me (3DS) btw.
Some people are probably playing Poke. (I totally forgot that was coming out.)

The gamepad is just too outta the ordinary to use. Plus I still need the octagon control stick...
Hardly ever used the 2nd stick, guess I'm too used to the 3DS now.
I couldn't find a GC adapter in 3 of the stores I checked. Dang. Each retailer said they sold out of those within 4 hours. Looks like I'm stuck on Wii+Chuck till next week. Unless I buy the 100$ bundle... I don't wanna...

Lag is... I don't know. The game is fresh so I can't judge but;
----- Played with my several JPN friends with little-moderate lag
----- Played with 1 friend 1 timezone away, little-heavy amounts of lag spikes
----- Any Smash always had a constant play-stop-play (especially with full lobbies), Glory was decent

Speak for yourself. I got both. And it's glorious in HD.
You still haven't added me (3DS) btw.
-_- You never told me your friend code. And what's your Wii U NNID?

I couldn't find a GC adapter in 3 of the stores I checked. Dang. Each retailer said they sold out of those within 4 hours. Looks like I'm stuck on Wii+Chuck till next week. Unless I buy the 100$ bundle... I don't wanna...
Damn, that sucks. It'll probably get worse by next week...hopefully I can find one of those for myself.

I was late with pre-ordering the Adapter edition myself, but just in time.
Now I see many people, like, a lot of people suffering from not pre-ordering. And I am laughing like an evil genious.

Anyway, did I add you on my Wii U yet Kanon? Like Trago said, what's your NNID?

I forgot to get an adapter, but I think I'm fine using the GamePad for now. All that playing on the 3DS and Classic Controller (when I played Brawl) got me used to the button scheme. Although I do intend on getting one in the future for the sake of convenience.

I tried out my Mario amiibo today, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with how it works. The first several fights ended in curb stomp battles by me until it reached around level 17, where we were almost evenly matched. It's currently in its 40s and the only character I can beat him with is Mario, who I used to train him. He wrecks all of my other mains. (Well, the mains that I have unlocked, anyway...)

I didn't know pre-ordering the Adapter was a thing (I only pre-order when I physically pick items up at a store)... I'd like to say I'm still fairly decent though. Gonna check tomorrow during Thanksgiving food shopping. Fingers crossed.
------------

@Trago:
I added you a long time ago... Through a PM probably. I clean my PMs after a week or two. 1461-6308-5932 is you right?
I play in the morning and late into the night. (US Central Time Zone)
------------

@Cap:
No, you haven't. I don't think so. I have maybe 14 people. No NandoS here.
------------

I tried out my Mario amiibo today, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with how it works.
Can't scan through the package. : (
Have you fought with more than one at a time?

Are you happy with the quality of it?
I have Link, and he looks kinda terrible. Especially around the eyes. Actually just the face in general.

I tried out my Mario amiibo today, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with how it works. The first several fights ended in curb stomp battles by me until it reached around level 17, where we were almost evenly matched. It's currently in its 40s and the only character I can beat him with is Mario, who I used to train him. He wrecks all of my other mains. (Well, the mains that I have unlocked, anyway...)

That sounds awesome :D
I'll definitely get a Captain Falcon amiibo (omg I get to rub his nipples in real life >_>), which is nice for Mario Kart 8 as well (omg I get to wear his awesomely tight suit).
And I might just get a Fox / Samus amiibo for my birthday, but I'll see about that ^^.
I was wondering: Can you use Amiibo's online as well? I mean, VS friends of course. Do you guys know anything about that? I feel like it should be possible.
Oh and can I know your other mains? I'm always excited to hear about those :)

Alrighty Kanon, I sent you a friend request.
Good thing Link is not on my list. I really don't like that yellow pole...
I'll see about the next wave of Amiibo releases which ones I might still get.

Can't scan through the package. : (
Have you fought with more than one at a time?

Are you happy with the quality of it?
I have Link, and he looks kinda terrible. Especially around the eyes. Actually just the face in general.

Yeah, unlike Skylanders and Disney Infinity you can't scan through the package. I only bought Mario since I bought Alpha Sapphire with Smash as well.

I'm pretty happy with the quality of my Mario amiibo. From what I understand, the less detailed and more cartoon-ish characters like Mario and Kirby seem to look better than characters like Marth and Link.
... Which makes me pretty excited for characters like Meta Knight and Toon Link, to be honest.

I was wondering: Can you use Amiibo's online as well? I mean, VS friends of course. Do you guys know anything about that? I feel like it should be possible.
Oh and can I know your other mains? I'm always excited to hear about those :)
I can't test if Amiibos can be used online yet, since none of my friends that I play Smash with have the Wii U version yet. (They all went after ORAS...) If anyone wants to help test this hypothesis, I'll be glad to perform this experiment if you have your NNID, although I won't be able to play until Thursday.

My other mains (in Smash 4 at least) are Dr. Mario, Duck Hunt and Zero Suit Samus. I have been experimenting with Bowser, Ganondorf and Ike recently though. I played as Mario mostly during the 3DS demo, since I knew how to use him best.

Unfortunately I'll be out of town until Thursday so I won't be able to experiment any further with amiibo until then.

That's perfect, the Smash release in Europe is next friday and I always get it one day before the release :D
I watched some custom moves from certain characters and Ganon's custom moves look delicious :3

I'm not sure about my mains yet, obviously, but I think Palutena has a fair chance of becoming one.

Back