Super Smash Bros. 4

What would you say is Dr Mario's best advantage over normal Mario?
Beside Tornado, I really don't like him as much.

Sorry I didn't answer, didn't see that you responded.
Of course, the Doctor Tornado is his biggest catch, but I've found that his bair is monstrous to those who don't expect it. I personally think it's a better edge-guarding tool than Mario's fair. That being said, due to his crap recovery Doc doesn't have much business off of the edge, but I think it's a risk-reward sort of thing. Doc's up tilts can combo into his Down B or Side B making for some interesting situations too. Doesn't hurt that you can spam Megavitamins without worrying about Ness absorbing them with his Down B either. His cape is also good for screwing over recoveries, arguably moreso than Mario's due to the taller hitbox. It's not like the original Mario's Side B is overly useful to recover this time around either, since it only stops Mario's momentum rather than giving him a height boost. Speaking of recovery, both can wall jump too, so Doc's not missing out too much on recovering.

I don't know... Dr Mario, too me, is not exactly a pick-up-and-play character. I actually use Mario's SJP quite a bit, plus the recovery on it is really helps me. The pill thing makes a good point, no absorption and quick. Dr Mario feels stronger at least. But I'm more of an over-the-ledge air fighter this game. Cape is eh.

I'll have to face you guys in person to really see the applications. DP, where art thou?
---------------

You guys make your own custom stages yet? I've been holding off on this. Mostly because I forgot and don't care that much.
I've made one with it's own minigame.

- Special Brawl :: Sudden Death / 300%
- Stock :: any
- Time :: optional / 3-5 mins (bomb field sudden death)
- Items :: optional (healing not allowed)

The map is a box with random holes on all sides (of course you can just use Temple or something). The objective is to kill each other of course. But with this map, it may take a while if you are good at teching. This relies more on you're reflexes and a little luck.

Not very original, but better than nothing.

Last edited:
I instantly made a pretty cool custom stage as soon as I got the game, but after that I didn't bother to make more.
It's about time I made more, I've got a whole list of stages I came up with, as well as minigames ^^
Nice idea btw.

What would you say is Dr Mario's best advantage over normal Mario?
It's worth it to not play as a plumber for longer than necessary. I hate physicians, but getting into street brawls as a plumber (probably over your girl hanging out with some turtle) is just pathetic, a doctor also going out of his way to defend her chastity is totally different.

You guys make your own custom stages yet? I've been holding off on this. Mostly because I forgot and don't care that much.
I've made one with it's own minigame.

- Special Brawl :: Sudden Death / 300%
- Stock :: any
- Time :: optional / 3-5 mins (bomb field sudden death)
- Items :: optional (healing not allowed)

The map is a box with random holes on all sides (of course you can just use Temple or something). The objective is to kill each other of course. But with this map, it may take a while if you are good at teching. This relies more on you're reflexes and a little luck.

Not very original, but better than nothing.
I made something like that back in Brawl. Literally a box with spikes lining the top so you couldn't spawn there, and two openings (one on the top-right corner and another on the top-left) for KOs. It forces you to actually angle your attacks, or else they would just bounce all over the place and end up surviving because they weren't knocked out of the box. It was really fun to watch.

I got bored too, until I started unlocking custom moves and now I like playing with most of the cast.
Seriously, custom moves is what makes this game special, I think more people should play with them :D

Been tryin' to tip scales. It's not very effective (it is fun tho). Need Robin advice halp.

Ganon is both fun and effective. Even crushin' the souls of anyone who dares counterpick a projectile character.

I never play my mains anymore because **** I'm bored.
Yeah Robin is tricky
I don't actually play Robin that much but Robin's best move is the Side B
When that pillar of fire goes up you can retreat or attack and if you hit them you can combo (you could combo into another arcfire)
Your Levin Sword smash air attacks are really good
Bair I think autocancels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZt6Er05DI4
Those techs

I got bored too, until I started unlocking custom moves and now I like playing with most of the cast.
Seriously, custom moves is what makes this game special, I think more people should play with them :D

I got bored fighting this guy in Melee
I chose Pichu and took 2 stocks off his Falco in friendlies

Yeah Robin is tricky
I don't actually play Robin that much but Robin's best move is the Side B
When that pillar of fire goes up you can retreat or attack and if you hit them you can combo (you could combo into another arcfire)
Your Levin Sword smash air attacks are really good
Bair I think autocancels

My arcfire usage is somewhat decent. Arcfire -> grab/F-air is the one thing I can do with Robin lawl. Had no idea Arcfire -> Arcfire worked though. Guaranteed U-air follow-up looks like a disgustin' way t' combo into a KO.

Not sure how useful U-Smash is, though I'm aware of how great F-smash and D-smash's hitboxes are. I tend t' instinctively D-smash to punish... since the hitbox is wider. Do ya think F-smash is better for a raw, simple punish? Wherein a beefy Nosferatu from behind or arcfire wouldn't come out quick enough.

I don't use B-air enough, what with limited Levin Sword uses... what's the autocancel window? Regular ol' shorthop?

that teaches me to chase with arcthunder and how double arcfire works waw

Many thanks.

Back