Super Smash Bros. 4

Coming around back to Sm4sh U, is there an effective way to grind custom moves?

I got everything on the 3DS, but now I'm a bit Smash-fatigued. I just want the moves.
I don't wanna make a custom on the 3DS then transfer. I wanna do it all on the Wii U.

Coming around back to Sm4sh U, is there an effective way to grind custom moves?

I got everything on the 3DS, but now I'm a bit Smash-fatigued. I just want the moves.
I don't wanna make a custom on the 3DS then transfer. I wanna do it all on the Wii U.

I'm in the same situation here. I got everything (special moves, Mii outfits, headgear, trophies) on 3DS, and now I'm playing the Wii U version. I've heard that playing Crazy Orders is quite effective.

I've unlocked quite a few custom moves on the Wii U already.
If you want moves for a specific character, do one out of these 2 options:

-Expensive and time-consuming but effective:-
Crazy Orders. Customization on.
Custom equipment: 1: Home-Run Bat (something). 2: Quick Batter (something). 3: First Striker (something).
(This is easier to do with Fox, since it's easy to get the first hit with his blaster, but that way you'll get a lot of Fox customs)

Some equipment works on all characters (like the agility badge), some on many characters (like the boots badge) and some just one a single character (like the shiny feather). So try getting the ones that work on as many characters as possible.

-Cheaper and less time-consuming option, but less effective-
First, play training mode with a certain character. Try getting high combo's with B-Bombs, it might increase the chance of getting custom moves, I'm not sure.
Then play Trophy Rush with any character, customization on. That way your chance of getting custom moves for the character you chose in training mode will improve.

Those options are how I unlocked all of my custom moves and I've got quite a bunch already.

On a different note:
Did I add you on Skype yet Redreavus? Do you even have Skype? Might be useful for smash.

THAT DIRECT WAS AMAZING.

My SSB Character suggestions:
sceptile, slippy, groose, choir boys, inkling

Submit at https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Holy crap
now I have to rethink of what I want again
or I could find it here somewhere

Snake - I want Snake back

also I wonder if they will consider Indie and 3rd Party characters:

List so far:
Snake (3rd Party)
Tiki
Shantea (Indie)
Layton (Basically 2nd party)
A Square Enix Character (Dragon Quest Please)
One of the Masked Links
Rayman
Shovel Knight

and the characters that are way out there:
Minecraft Steve
The Soldier (TF2)

Characters I wanted but now are dead:
Pichu Bros. (though probably not because of Ice Climbers)
Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda
There still is Roy

Here's are chance to think of a good Metorid Character
Honestly, I like the idea of Shantea the best so far
Another Female Character but a Non-Floaty one
Plus a lot of moveset options and she would be a tribute to Indie games

I would even vote Shantea over Shovel Knight

I will update later

Last edited:
Yeah I am going to vote Shantae
ITIn91s.jpg

Last edited:
With Shulk in, I have no need for any character additions. Roster feels complete to me. Hm... Snake might work for everyone that played Brawl. Would be great for advertising MGSV too. Banjo Kazooie was due in Smash 64, but would be nice to have anyways. Flynn from SMT IV is a viable choice since the crossover game seems to have scrapped all SMT characters.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that new characters seem to have a much bigger chance of appearing than veterans. Lucas and Mewtwo make for enough veterans if you ask me.
Happy to see some strong support from the companies as well :)

Also, I found this funny gif.
http://gfycat.com/DearestHopefulKestrel

Back