the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

That's an insult t' the Borgia. :lol:

Answer my question ya assasin.

Naw
I feel legendary Pokemon are overkill, especially if they are the storyline

How so?

Game Freak purposefully did not give explanations. The whole Cinnabar Island Pokemon Manor attests to that

My claim that they unintentionally left some things out was a general sweepin' statement, didn't mean it to target everythin'. They definitely left the whole Pokemon Mansion debacle quite open ended, 'course. I shouldn't of said "all". derpaherp

I really want t' know if Ditto are indeed failed gene splicing experiments from Cinnabar.

I've no idea what question you're referrin' to. Remind me.

Ever met someone with Ruby and didn't have a Groudon

Yep. Ever met someone without a Mewtwo?

I don't see how these questions 'bout how ubiquitously coveted legendaries are has t' do with my own question. So I ask again: what's wrong with legendaries bein' a part of the storyline?

Gen III introduced like the perfect amount of legends, imo, the newer gens are going more overkill.

Gen 5 definitely didn't introduce too many legendaries. 4 certainly didn't either IMO. Rather, I'd say 4 had too many unnecessary legendaries. That's hardly a bad thing since it ain't as though they're all designed like (T)rubbish.

Yep. Ever met someone without a Mewtwo?

I don't see how these questions 'bout how ubiquitously coveted legendaries are has t' do with my own question. So I ask again: what's wrong with legendaries bein' a part of the storyline?
Mewtwo is not as obtainable as Groudon and you can use Groudon to destroy the E4 for the first time
You could not do that in Gen one

I'm pretty sure Groudon doesn't fare that well against the E4... Without a doubt Kyogre is far better at the task. Zapdos and Articuno dismantle the E4 of Kanto y'know. Emerald 'n BW2 didn't have this "issue" either, which is hardly an issue IMO. I wouldn't say this point has nothin' to do with legendaries bein' bad for the plot anyways.

Catching the legendary prior to the end of the story wasn't what I meant by wantin' legendaries in the main plot neither. I'd prefer not catchin' 'em 'till post game really, since otherwise they make it far too easy like with the main legendaries of DP and BW1. Speakin' of BW1, I think they did insert catchin' a legendary Poke as bein' a necessary plot point quite well both in timing and the execution.

Last edited:
Exactly as in, t'wasn't a serious question.

The Pokechanged reference was intentionally ass-backwards. I very well know Flandre's stages tend t' put the "hell" in "bullet hell", the joke in question wasn't callin' her low tier. T'was a joke in a joke referring to how UN swapped backwards is NU, or Never Used, the lowest tier in competitive 'mons. The "was low tier?" portion of this awful Pokejoke is in reference to how I switched UN around to reference the lowest tier. The joke wouldn't allude to anythin' otherwise, 'sides sarcasm. I'm never plainly sarcastic, so 'course I'd never do that.

Apparently somewhere along the line I've made a runnin' gag outta transforming references and various other memes int' Pokestupidity.

eh
IMO Legendaries stale the plot a lot
That is what I mean by overkill

Again, I disagree. The way they've done it since Gen 3 (7+ badges, cataclysmic event, you catch it now/later) is certainly gettin' old fast, but that's only 'cause it's the linearity of it. Legendaries as a part of the plot is just an easy anchor point for said stories 'cause Game Freak ain't makin' brilliant Pokeplots. Sayin' legendaries make things worse for the plot is like sayin' every other Poke does the same as well. It's not the fact they're usin' legendaries in the plot, it's the fact they're usin' legendaries in the plot haphazardly and incorrectly. ... Or so my opinion says.

Gen one did not need any legendaries in the plot. The plot was more basic however the focus in not on the plot it is on you and your Pokémon. It is about growth and coming of age instead of saving the world. And to tackle the lack of plot, they throw in mysteries and side stories weaved into the main journey.

Certainly ain't a good or even decent replacement for a wonderful plot, that's for sure. For it's time and especially the console (... handheld) t'was good or even great, we both can agree on that. But t' say that RBY's story was better than future Pokemon games is simply Farfetch'd.

Though, ya really can't rag on BW1's "saving the world" bit. Dead as the horse has been beaten, it still had far more substance and logic to it than previous Pokemon games.

It might be the nostalgia talking but you don't simply play Pokemon Red Blue you live it. The simplicity of the plot mixed with all the problems of the world (but not world crisis level) made the game fun and enjoyable. RB has the best story because each story is unique to the person playing it.
Do not underestimate the bildungsroman

The experience was born from the formula and the game as a whole, certainly not the plot. I sure as **** will never deny the brilliance of RBY nor the fond memories of those games (... and GSC). That's besides my point though: which has ended up as "RBY's plot ain't good". Apparently I've strayed from my original point...

Also, it might not even be the nostalgia. Might just be the fact you 'n I were youngin's when we had our hands on RBY and were therefore more prone t' "living" the game. :lol: It's the same for the kids who're still youngin's, wherein their first Pokemon game was RSE. They refer to said generation as their favorite games and typically the best games.

Back to my actual point, I still don't see how legendaries hurt the plot more than they help. Just like anythin' else in a book, it's not what's bein' said. Rather, it's how ya word it. A simple, uninventive story will always be better than an overly complex plot that's utter ****. That however is not a good example for you t' use when takin' into account the above phrase "it's not what you say, it's how you say it". If RBY's (essentially transparent) legendary-less story is more involving than today's Pokeplots due to the simplicity and lack of unneeded mumbo jumbo, that's solely 'cause the garbage in say, Gen 3, is poorly done and therefore not unimmersive, unneeded mumbo jumbo. Whether it's 'bout legendaries, a team of criminal imbeciles, or love and friendship, a poor plot is a poor plot simply 'cause it's poor. Blame Game Freak's plot developers, not the legendaries they put into said plots.

If what I'm gettin' at ain't why you think legendaries ain't good for Pogeymanz' story, correct me further since I feel I went on a bit of a tangent in the above paragraph...

bildungsroman

wut?

The experience was born from the formula and the game as a whole, certainly not the plot. I sure as **** will never deny the brilliance of RBY nor the fond memories of those games (... and GSC). That's besides my point though: which has ended up as "RBY's plot ain't good". Apparently I've strayed from my original point...?
I would consider it a plot
The bildungsroman or coming of age story is a valid thing. That is the beauty of the plot. It does not rely on saving the world it relies on the character becoming stronger. A legendary kinda takes the fun out of the growing because you instantly have power by having one.
In contrast, Mewtwo is the pinnacle of your journey in RB. You are about to fight the strongest pokemon. I personally try to catch him with a pokeball to make it more enjoyable and rewarding.

Also, it might not even be the nostalgia. Might just be the fact you 'n I were youngin's when we had our hands on RBY and were therefore more prone t' "living" the game. :lol: It's the same for the kids who're still youngin's, wherein their first Pokemon game was RSE. They refer to said generation as their favorite games and typically the best games.?
That is (from what I understand) nostalgia, as in those born in the RSE gen will be nostalgic over RSE because of the childlike fascination. Talking about this bring back some memories and feelings. But overall RSE did not suck you into the story.

Back to my actual point, I still don't see how legendaries hurt the plot more than they help. Just like anythin' else in a book, it's not what's bein' said. Rather, it's how ya word it. A simple, uninventive story will always be better than an overly complex plot that's utter ****. That however is not a good example for you t' use when takin' into account the above phrase "it's not what you say, it's how you say it". If RBY's (essentially transparent) legendary-less story is more involving than today's Pokeplots due to the simplicity and lack of unneeded mumbo jumbo, that's solely 'cause the garbage in say, Gen 3, is poorly done and therefore not unimmersive, unneeded mumbo jumbo. Whether it's 'bout legendaries, a team of criminal imbeciles, or love and friendship, a poor plot is a poor plot simply 'cause it's poor. Blame Game Freak's plot developers, not the legendaries they put into said plots.?
Legendaries don't hurt the game but I feel the storyline suffers from being tied to legendaries. It does give the plot a solid base but it weakens the bildungsroman. also I am not a sole genwunner, I also like gen two for its reasons (mostly the adventure theme and it still has a strong bildungsroman).

If what I'm gettin' at ain't why you think legendaries ain't good for Pogeymanz' story, correct me further since I feel I went on a bit of a tangent in the above paragraph...?
With more and more legendaries coming out, I feel they are only objects in a showcase. I like legendary collecting and I like legendaries in general but I don't like how they are directly tied into the story.

U has teh googles

Back