the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

I used to say it with the 'h' but after being "corrected" a number of times I stopped.

I just think it's stupid when trying to speak "correctly" and 'erb comes out. I thought herb was the only logical way. Fine if you're slurring your speech though.

How many of you pronounce the h in herb? And not just in fast speech where I'd miss it out. Adam doesn't even acknowledge the h's existence.

No "h" for me.

"Herb" is a proper noun, "'erb" is a name used to classify a variety of plants.

I pronounce the "h" and got mocked endlessly for it.
Good to know I'm not alone in my pronunciation ;D

ROB: All of the people named Herb that I've known (a grand total of two) have also pronounced their name "Erb".

Hmm, well I don't know anyone named Herb, I've just always heard it pronounced "Herb"...

Question:
What's your social security number?

Here's mine:
Mail-Guardian-fooled.jpg

Well. Sure. This is to anyone and everyone!

Who knows how to pronounce the english word Ghoti?

ITS NOT HOW IT LOOKS! NOTHING IS IN ENGLISH.

Yeah, American's don't pronounce the H, were always rebels.

Yeah, I pronounce the 'h'. A few weeks ago I'd have said that's the only way to pronounce it, then I learned that Americans don't pronounce the 'h' for some bizarre reason.

I google'd it.

Herb was a French word, actually spelled "erb" and that is how the French pronounced it. Later the H was added for some reason I forgot and Brits called it herb (perhaps British didn't like French words?) and Americans (who happened to like France) kept saying it as "erb".

Last edited:
How many of you pronounce the h in herb? And not just in fast speech where I'd miss it out. Adam doesn't even acknowledge the h's existence.

That's how I get down. Never pronounced the "H" because I was taught to say it like "erb" versus Herb.

Back