The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread - Black/White Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
P-S Challenge Update

Caught me a Drifloon the moment midnight came, then made my way through Eterna Forest. Gardenia was rather easy thanks t' the Grass resistance both my Pokes have. Her Roserade still hit surprisingly hard though; I mean ****, it does have 125 base Special Attack. If Roserade did have better typing, Gardenia would've been known as Gen 4's Whitney. Either way, Forest Badge get!

Smacked around a bunch'a Galactic scrubs, eventually takin' on Jupiter... and things quickly went downhill. I was focusing on levelin' Drifloon to evolve it. Even when evolved, it ain't gonna be able t' take a Night Slash from the admin's Skuntank, leavin' my underleveled Croagunk to fight this behemoth alone. First time 'round, Croagunk got crit'd on the first Night Slash. I didn't actually have any super potions, so t'was already game over.

Try two, another instacrit nullified my usage of an X-defend and ****ed me over once again. Nocturnal begins t' spite me en masse once more. =/

The third try however, was crit-free, lettin' me actually employ my strategy. Leading with Croagunk, I threw out two Mud-Slaps, waiting for a miss. When said miss occurs, the potion I just use lets Croagunk take just one more Night Slash thanks to an X-defend used at the beginning of the battle. Which lets me use Mud-Slap again.

After the third Mud-Slap, Skuntank didn't actually miss 'till I used my last potion, which led to a string of misses. At this point it lost half of it's HP, leavin' me in a good position even if Croagunk is felled... which it is, 'cause somehow S****ank hit me 'fore I could get in a single Rock Smash. Moar bullshit hax.

Revived Croagunk 'n let Drifloon instantly take a hit and die (wtfaccuracyhax), aftermath doin' it's job. Croagunk is sent out, and is hit again somehow. Utter madness. Despite this, three misses 'n Rock Smashes later, victory is finally mine. 'Bout damn time.

Derped on over t' Hearthome and put Fantina in her place for no longer havin' a Drifblim. My own (now evolved) Drifblim didn't survive t' see the final blow, but Croagunk smacked Mismagius unconscious with a single Faint Attack. Relic Badge get! adamant nature ftw

Saved there for a dinner break. The team is as follows.

Croagunk, Lv. 29
Adamant
Dry Skin

Faint Attack
Mud Bomb
Revenge
Rock Smash

Drifblim @ Dread Plate, Lv. 30
Gentle
Aftermath

Stockpile
Astonish
Gust

Payback

needz moar tm30

Diamond Palaeo-run (A rock monotype run, using only fossil pokemon!) UPDATE NO. 8

The penultimate installment of this archaic run
-Stroll up through Mt. Cornet, b***h slapping Galactic grunts left, right and centre.
-Make it to spear pillar, tag team with Barry, and together we destroy saturn and mars.
- Oh god, Cyrus is nuts. Makes complete ownage all the more enjoyable.
- The deity that created time? Lol, masterball, in the box you go.
-After saving the world, it's time to get my final badge!
-train a bit so that erry'body is over Lvl 45. Even though I have a team of rock types, i also have two water types, a flying type and a steel, so this gym wont be a breeze. In fact I have no pokemon that are particularly effective. Cradily is just gonna have to absorb everything and take down each 'mon slowly, one at a time.
-Whilst battling the gym trainers, I realise that ol' Francisco is actually rather good in this gym, cause he is speedy and knows dig.
-Wow, that mopey git, Volkner was actually very tough. Killed a good few of the team, and it was really Augustine (Bastiodon) and his metal burst (why have I never used this move before!) that saved the day.
- 8 BADGES MO FO, YOU JELLY?
-right, not as high leveled as I would like to be for the elite, grinding time.
-Augustine (wuv you :3) leads the way on the water route, with his thunder bolt, and gets to level 50 which is highly acceptable
-OH GAWD VICTORY ROAD. I never like them. Eventually, I crawl out the other side, with the team more or less around lvl 50.
-Final battle Vs barry in the league pokemon centre. ALL HIS POKEMON ARE HIGHER LEVELED THAN MINE :(. Still beat him, though not without casualties.
- Go back to V. Road to level up some more. This elite four, (Cynthia, I'm looking at you) is relatively tough, so I want to be ready.
-Fly around, picking up bits and bobs, TMs and such, getting rid of HMs, preparing for the league.
-ELITE FOUR? COME GET IT.

Current team:

Archibald - Armaldo - Lvl 50
-X-Scissor
-Brick Break
-Ancient Power
-Iron Tail

Francisco - Kabutops - Lvl 51
-Mega Drain
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Stone Edge

Augustine - Bastiodon - Lvl 50

-Avalanche
-Thunderbolt
-Ancient Power
-Metal Burst

Randall - Cradily - Lvl 50

-Confuse Ray
-Solar Beam
-Toxic
-Rock Slide

Hamilton - Aerodactyl - Lvl 51

-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Stone Edge
-Fly

Wilson - Omastar - Lvl 51
-Ice Beam
-Ancient Power
-Mudshot
-Surf

Challenge Update?

Nothing accomplished, just made it to Nacrene City, and leveled for a while in Pinwheel Forest. As soon as I entered a battle with Swablu, I immediately felt Karp-I-don't-know-what-the-****-to-call-you's pain. As soon as I get the moveset for it, It's going to rot in hell. (I've prepared a box called Hell.)

Hey,

Been a while since my last update. No Item, Unevolved, Monotype, Scramble

Defeated Elisa
Defeated Clay
Audino hunted for ages before my battle with Skyla - trained all 3 of my Pokemon to level 60
Defeated Skyla - barely, 17hp remaining
Defeated Drayden
Did some Team Plasma stuff ;)
Defeated Marlon

Current Team:

Snivy - 71
Swadloon - 62
Ferroseed - 62
Panpour - 25 (leveled from Rotation/Triple Battles)
Sandsrew - 19
Pidove - 23 (leveled from Rotation/Triple Battles)

Last edited:
Hey,

Been a while since my last update. No Item, Unevolved, Monotype, Scramble

Defeated Elisa
Defeated Clay
Audino hunted for ages before my battle with Skyla - trained all 3 of my Pokemon to level 60
Defeated Skyla - barely, 17hp remaining
Defeated Drayden
Did some Team Plasma stuff ;)
Defeated Marlon

Current Team:

Snivy - 71
Swadloon - 62
Ferroseed - 62
Panpour - 25 (leveled from Rotation/Triple Battles)
Sandsrew - 19
Pidove - 23 (leveled from Rotation/Triple Battles)

Welcome back, bro. How's the difficulty of the Challenge treatin' ya?

I entered a battle with Swablu

killitwithfirespin.jpeg

I'm fine with 'Karp. Pleased, even... also, what Challenge are ya doin'? Can't bloody remember.

Last edited:
Diamond Palaeo-run (A rock monotype run, using only fossil pokemon!) UPDATE NO. 9

Finished my fossil run! Hooray :D

-GET YO LEAGUE ON

-First up is Bugsy. Hamilton (Aerodactyl) cuts through the team like butter, until we reach Drapion whom I forget IS NOT A BUG TYPE. Hammy kills him, but is weakened in the process. Next up, Vespiquen, who annoyingly keeps using defend order, then a nasty power gem, killing poor hamilton. Augustine handles the queen bee very well, she can barely scratch his awesome defenses, while he whittles her HP down with thunderbolts, avalanches and Ancient power. A sneaky revive later, and Hammy is back on the scene to deal with Bugsy's last 'mon, Beautifly. And so, FIRST ELITE BEATEN.

-Bring it Grandma. Bertha is up next. Total Breeze. Randall (Cradily) Takes care of Quagsire and Wiscash, Whilst Wilson (Omastar) Surfs through the rest of the ream. Two down.

-Your hair is ridiculous Flint. It's time to duel! Go, Francisco! (Kabutops) WATERFALL EVERYWHERE. Rapidash, gone. Infernape, Gone. Drifblim, problematic, kills Francis with aftermath. Steelix? Wilson! WATERFALL. Dead. Lopunny? Archibald (Armaldo) Brick Break. (ok, a few of these, she uses charm!) One more of the four to go.

-Sup Nerd. Will is up next. Oh dear lord, this guy is annoying. Bronzong, the ultimate troll. and that Alakazam. NOTHING could KO it, it was so speedy too so most of my 'mons didnt even get a chance. After many revives and full restores later, I finally beat that geek.

CYNTHIA... In my opinion she is the best Champ. Badass looking ,and was once a kid with a pokedex too, I also find her the most challenging the first time round. And challenging she was. It started out well, systematically etting through her Spiritomb, Roserade and Gastrodon with Francisco (Kabutops), Hamilton (Aerodactyl), and Randall (Cradily) respectively. However Milotic was annoying and took ages o kill, weakening many 'mons, and then Lucario, with aura sphere blew huge chunks in my rock type team. And then there was Garchomp. Wilson's (Omastar) Ice beam got him down to low HP, but after a brick break, my little ammonite stood no chance. All revives and full restores used (mainly from the stupid psychic leader) My campaign slowly dissolved into loss and shame. RAGE QUIT.

CYNTHIA TAKE TWO... Kabutops KO'd Spiritomb. Aerodactyl destroyed Roserade. Cradily used confuse ray, toxic and solar beam to decimate Milotic without losing on HP point. Armaldo used earthquake to severely weaken Lucario. Unfortunately Archie was killed, but it allowed Kabutops to sneak in with a powerful waterfall to get rid of that jackal. Gastrodon comes out, and Cradily returns. Solar beam leaves teh sea slug with 1 hp, which causes Cynthia to use a Full restore, bleugh and then switch into Garchomp. the Landshark kills Cradily with Giga Impact, and while he recharges, Omastar flies in with ICE BEAM. Garchomp uses dragon rush. GARCHOMP MISSES! YES! HAXXY HAXXY YES! Icebeam death for Garchomp. Now, all that's left is to finish off that smelly Gastrodon, thanks to a couple more Icebeams from Wilson, and the grand finale of a sweet sweet stone edge from Hamilton. BLONDIE WINS!

Challenge over! Yay! I have to say, rock type is a pretty shitty type :L The lack of speed and the common weaknesses did make it a challenge, as well as the fact that Fossil pokemon take EXTREMELY long to level up, hence why I was a tad underleveled. Having said that, I really enjoyed the run. I am actually studying Geology at university so the paleontology nerd inside of me adored my Paleozoic (and Mesozoic) pals. All in all, a good, enjoyable challenge. I would highly recommend Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Cradily and suprisingly Bastiodon (metal burst, such a good move!) who were absolutely awesome pokemon and really shone. Haha sorry Armaldo, you were good but you took so long to be good that I still bear a grudge.

Final Team

Archibald - Armaldo - Lvl 51
-X-Scissor
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail

Francisco - Kabutops - Lvl 52
-Mega Drain
-Waterfall
-Dig
-Stone Edge

Augustine - Bastiodon - Lvl 50

-Avalanche
-Thunderbolt
-Ancient Power
-Metal Burst

Randall - Cradily - Lvl 51

-Confuse Ray
-Solar Beam
-Toxic
-Rock Slide

Hamilton - Aerodactyl - Lvl 52

-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Stone Edge
-Fly

Wilson - Omastar - Lvl 53
-Ice Beam
-Ancient Power
-Mudshot
-Surf

Ok so I have completed my Rock monotype run. Next I would like to do an Unevolved, Single challenge, using a Rattata on old school Silver. Yes that's right, I'll be using a rattata in the top percentages of rattata. I am attempting the Joey challenge.

Good on ya, welcome t' the Hall of Fame, bro. =) I've never used a full team'a Slow-growth Pokes, nor do I ever want to. :lol:

My *Josephine is in the highest of top percentage rats, but your Challenge is accepted regardless. Good luck bro, that's a real step-up in difficulty from your last Challenge. Complete it and ya've certainly earned my respect.

P-S Challenge Update

Herped on over t' Veilstone to mop up the gym with all-due ease. Although Croagunk was but a single level away from evolution (... why didn't I use my Rare Candy?), she was all I needed t' flatten Maylene's team. I did use Drifblim against Meditite, but details... Cobble Badge get!

Hastily made my way down t' Route 213 to capture my last team member, a Shellos. For whatever retarded reason, it took 20 minutes just t' find one. Considerin' they're the most common Poke on the Route, that's outrageous. ._. Worse yet, it had unbearable IVs. It's highest was either Defense or HP, at 13, with every single other IV below 10. I ain't absurdly picky when it comes t' in-game Pokes, but that's simply unacceptable considerin' it's nature; Docile; was no better. So I spent another 15 minutes finding one... ... ...

... And at the very least, it has amazing IVs. Everythin' at 20 or higher, with three stats at 26+. Sp.D was a single digit, but with a Sassy nature, that's irrelevant. Disappointed as I am that it's ability was Sticky Hold, Toxicroak has Dry Skin anyways. And I definitely ain't spendin' another bundle of time just t' catch a far shittier Shellos.

After owning all the gym trainers and just one extra trainer battle t' level up Shellos, it evolved int' Gastrodon, ready t' take on Wake. But Nocturnal said no, and his Gyarados crit it immediately. Not amused. Soft reset! Startin' with Drifblim this time. Nothin' changed, another ****in' crit. Fantastic. I've been dealin' with enough hax as is. ._. Oh look, another ****in' crit on the first move! Crasher Wake? **** that noise, he's Hacker Wake. This is just-plain bullshit. >=/ I could just wreck 'em with Toxicroak, but no. Now my mind's set, revenge for this hax must be had.

And then he gets another crit.

WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?! D:<

With this bloody hax finally outta the way, Drifblim can actually land a Shock Wave. It promptly faints next turn knockin' Gyarados int' the red with Aftermath. Meaning Toxicroak can't finish it off with Sucker Punch.

... Arceus damnit.

After Gyarados gets it's face punched in multiple times and faints, out comes Wake's key Poke, Floatzel. Gastrodon's newly-learned Earthquake is sure t' give it a run for it's money, even bein' six levels behind it. Floatzel's Waterfall is a clean 3HKO, forcing me to heal the turn after next. Earthquake hits back just as hard, clearly gonna be a 3HKO as well. And then Waterfall crits.

tumblr_mehx2mft9D1rsf1zso1_500_zps2c9b5232.gif

SON OF A ****IN' FEEBAS

Giving into the bullshit hax I'm bein' presented with, I just Revive Gastrodon and have Toxicroak literally gain Revenge. I expect, bar another ****in' crit, Gastrodon can handle his worthless Quagsire. It uses Yawn in an attempt t' prolong my anger. Earthquake is, as before, a clean 3HKO, meanin' it'l get put to sleep... But instead'a more bullshit hax from Wake, Gastrodon vengefully scores a crit and ends the match early. That hardly makes up for the bullshit I just went through, but whatever. I'll ****in' take it. Good enough. Fen Badge get. blehhhhhhhhhhhh hax

Toxicroak♀ @ Fist Plate , Lv. 37
Adamant
Dry Skin

Faint Attack
Sucker Punch
Revenge
Rock Smash

Drifblim♂ @ Dread Plate, Lv. 34
Gentle
Aftermath

Shock Wave
Ominous Wind
Fly

Payback

Gastrodon (East)♀ @ Exp. Share, Lv. 31
Sassy
Sticky Hold

Water Pulse
Brine
Earthquake

Body Slam

Soon as I get Surf, my Pokes' movesets are gonna improve drastically.

Last edited:
The Joey Challenge - Silver Un-evolved Single using only a Rattata

Well thank you very much for the good luck, I'll need it! :L I have been playing pokemon my whole life so hopefully any skills gleaned will culminate in this epic challenge. Though, I'd imagine being over leveled is probably more important than skill in this case.

Well, lets begin shall we, here is my first update! :)
-Grab my gameboy, insert Silver, instant nostalgia hit.
-Name my character Joey of course.
-Choose totodile (can be a future water HM slave, see thinking ahead already!)
-Follow the plot until i am bestowed with pokeballs. It's rat catching time! Catch me a level three, female rattata. Was going to name her Ratatouille, but it didn't fit. Instead, I name her ATHENA, because by the end of this she will be a GOD amongst pokemon.
- Grind until she is lvl 10 before moving on to battle some actual trainers.
- The most epic battle of our age soon follows, Joey Vs Joey, Rattata Vs Rattata, each in the top percentile of rattatas. Athena wins easily. I take Joey's number, and I shall take no other numbers in this game.
- Before reaching Violet, i get to lvl 13 so that Athena learns hyper fang which is a pretty decent move.
-Take on Bellsprout tower, avoiding the stalemate that would occur if i were to meet any ghosts. Get Flash. Catch a bellsprout for HM slavery.
-Athena is now lvl 15 and is gym ready. Hyper fang takes down everything. Bye Bye Falkner, hello 1st badge. She is level 16 upon leaving. I teach her mud-slap so that she can maybe fight some rock types, and also do some damage to ghost types.
-Grab the egg from Elm's aide, for which i will have no future use for.
-Solve the puzzle in the Ruins of Alph, like a boss.
-Fight the fishermen, make it to Union cave. Mudslap is actually very useful, else I wouldnt be able to scratch all the rock pokemon.
-Make it to azalea town. It's time to take on rockets, yay! Save the slowpokes, and get Athena to over lvl 20.
-Gym no. 2. Hyper fang makes it a breeze, 2 Hit KOing Scyther. One good thing about rattatas is that they definitely are speedy.
-Make it through Ilex forest, chase farfetch'd, get cut, teach cut to bellsprout. When I leave the forest, Athena is level 24 and it's time to call it a day.

Rattata's current condition

Athena - Rattata - lvl 24
-Hyper Fang
-Tail Whip
-Quick Atack
-Mud Slap

WNI UPDATE
I haven't done very much because of the huge amounts of homework I'm getting, so this is only a short update.

After evolving Enma into Simisage, I beat Clay really easily with a few Seed Bombs. I did switch into Jake at one point, but only to get rid of the speed drop on Enma due to Bulldoze.
After the battle, I headed towards Chargestone Cave but was stopped by Bianca just outside of Driftveil. I beat her using mainly Paul and Mrs Croc. Mrs Croc grew to level 29 and evolved into Krokorok. Bianca gave me HM02 Fly as a prize for beating her.
I have a question. Can I use HM02 or not?

I'll probably work on this challenge and my Sapphire scramble at the same time. I haven't moved from where I was in my last update but I'll continue it again soon.

Last edited:
Ahh, good question. Fly is a convenience like Repels, but it can also be used as a high-power move. Makes Pokes like my very own Drifblim much more usable... ... ... Well, it ain't like Fly is all-that handy in a No Item Challenge anyways. Ain't like back trackin' for hold items/TMs is doable after all. S'pose I'll just ban HM02. A decision I'll bad sad 'bout in a month or two, I'm sure.

Nope.

I prefer rules t' not have exceptions or clauses and such, keep things simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back