The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Pokemon Diamond Single Challenge (Flygon), update #whatever (I hope I made an update after my last playing session though)
I destroyed my rival by spamming Dragon Claw and the gymleader in hearthome city by spamming Crunch... Flygon is pretty strong once you get through its preevolutions. Then I quickly got me a Bibarel as HM Pokemon and made my way to Canalave City where I OHKOed all of my rival's Pokemon... again. For the gym I teached my Flygon Rock Smash, because it's the only decent move I could use at this point. I defeated Bronzor with 2 Crunches, but Steelix was really tough. It was to use Dragon Breath (4 hit + potential paralysis) and Ice Fang (3 hit + potential freezing). And 3 Rock Smash barely weren't enough to defeat it, so he used a Full Restore on it. He got pretty lucky and froze me for a long time, so I had to use 2 Hyper Potions while waiting to thaw out and I could have lost it with just one critical hit, but after a lot of Rock Smashes I defeated it. His last Pokemon was easy because it has a 4 times weakness to Fighting and it just used rest. After the badge I made Flygon forget Roch Smash and collected Earthquake.

Flygon lvl 50 with Levitate and Hardy nature
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Crunch

and then the game broke, so I have to do everything from just before the 6th badge again... (the 6th badge went better though)

How will Mega Evolution count in the unevolved challenges? Could I use Aerodactyl, because it still can Mea Evolve, or will these be separate?

Last edited:
Actually, Flygon only has a Base Attack of 100 (328 maximum). Flygon is one'a the weakest fully evolved Dragon-types in regards t' it's offenses.

How will Mega Evolution count in the unevolved challenges? Could I use Aerodactyl, because it still can Mea Evolve, or will these be separate?

'Karp damnit, I forgot t' add somethin' new to the Unevolved Challenge's ruleset 'bout half a year ago... which would'a coincidentally covered Mega Evolutions as well. Don't know how I could'a forgot 'bout somethin' so important.

The rules have been updated!​

The following rulesets have been modified: No Items, Unevolved

Rules changed: No Items #1

Rules added: Unevolved #3

Please read any and all rule adjustments/additions, regardless of whether or not they pertain to any current Challenge(s) you're playing or planning.

The weakest dragon is still strong for the story :D I'll see how it will work when I got actually weaknesses
And I stopped OHKOing everything on my way to the 7th gym :(

Pokemon Diamond Single Challenge (Flygon)
I directly went to the 2 lakes and defeated team Galactic there and ended up having to use a Hyper Potion, because I didn't heal before doing that, but other than that I had no problems. I avoided most of the trainers on my way to the 7th badge, because I didn't want to fight those ice Pokemon... In the gym I defeated Snover, Sneasel and Medicham with 1 Fly, 1 Earthquake and another Fly. I could have defeated Abomasnow with 2 more hits, but it got healed after the recoil of Wooshammer on which he got a critical, so I had to heal too especially after all the rounds with hail. Even the gym that I was weak against wasn't that much of a problem if it wasn't for that critical hit

Flygon lvl 53 with Levitate and Hardy nature

-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Crunch

Last edited:
Hallo chaps! I have returned. :D

I was gonna do a monotype/moveset challenge in X if y'all are ok with that?
I was wondering however if I am allowed to transfer my Dawn Stone, Alakazite and Gardevoirite from Y as they aren't available 'til post E4? 'sides from the stone anyway which I can't get till after badge 5 I think.

Obviously you can guess I wanna do a psychic run :p
So if people wanna start throwing movesets at me? My team will be:
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Gallade (Psychic/Fighting)
Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Starmie (Water/Psychic)
Alakazam (Psychic)
Espeon (Psychic)

Cheers :D

I'll give you some movesets as soon as more information is avaible, but it would be pretty hard at the moment :/ Maybe wait another week
oh and you're not allowed to trade for anything, but eggs or to evolve your Pokemon

Pokemon Diamond Single Challenge (Flygon)
The Team Galactic HQ and the way to the top of Mt. Coronet weren't a problem until I had to fight the boss just before Dialga. I defeated his first 2 Pokemon with 2 hits, but they weren't a threat to Flygon, but Gyrados (no Magikarp, but still a challenge...) would have knocked out Flygon with a second Aqua Tail and I almost didn't kill it because of the intimidate. Alternatively it could have used Ice Fang (I think it has that) would habe been enough, but the AI doesn't know what it is doing. I already was half dead after that and Corbat caused some trouble with the confusion, but it wasn't enough to make me use a potion. Then I caught Dialga as a trophy and left for the 8th gym.
Flygon lvl 58 with Levitate and Hardy nature (needs an item)
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Crunch

Why does it do the weird thing with the spoilers...

Last edited:
Why does it do the weird thing with the spoilers...

?

Hallo chaps! I have returned. :D

I was gonna do a monotype/moveset challenge in X if y'all are ok with that?
I was wondering however if I am allowed to transfer my Dawn Stone, Alakazite and Gardevoirite from Y as they aren't available 'til post E4? 'sides from the stone anyway which I can't get till after badge 5 I think.

Obviously you can guess I wanna do a psychic run :p
So if people wanna start throwing movesets at me? My team will be:
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Gallade (Psychic/Fighting)
Delphox (Fire/Psychic)
Starmie (Water/Psychic)
Alakazam (Psychic)
Espeon (Psychic)

Cheers :D

Welcome back, good sir. As lucktown said, ya ain't allowed to trade in evolution items... or anythin' at all 'sides eggs, really. Movepool information is also indeed sparse, so you'll have t' wait on those movesets too. No idea how long it'l take 'til Serebii or some other Pokesite compile all'a the information proper like.

... Oh. Well, I s'pose preventin' your B button from breakin' deserves an exception.

POKEMON X UNEVOLVED CHALLENGE (XU) UPDATE

I started by choosing Fennekin as my starter. Shauna was really easy to beat, which is to be expected since she chooses the starter weak to yours, in this case Chespin.
I did all the boring beginning stuff like delivering the letter to your mum and learning how to catch a pokemon.
Once I got to Santalune Forest, I caught a Panpour to help balance my team as I planned to get a Bulbasaur from Professor Sycamore when I got to Lumiose City.
Once I got to Santalune, I healed and went straight to the gym (OK maybe I sat on few benches as well. I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that we can do that now).
I took out Viola's Surskit using Panpour and her Vivillon using Fennekin, earning me the Bug Badge.

I rushed to Lumiose City to get my next pokemon: Bulbasaur. Professor Sycamore also gave me a Venusaurite, which will be useless since I won't be evolving Bulbasaur, at least not yet.
I went down to Camphrier Town and then to Parfum Palace to get the pokeflute to wake up the Snorlax on route 7, which I didn't stand a chance of beating with my current pokemon, so I took the cowards way out and ran from the battle.
I ran through the rest of route 7 and Connecting Cave only to lose to the trainer with the Axew -_- . I decided to avoid them the next time I came past to avoid losing again. I got to Ambrette Town without any more troubles and agreed to go to Glittering Cave to see some scientist about fossils. On the way there, while I was riding the Rhydon, I encountered and caught a Sandile with Moxie. Nothing interesting happened on the way to, or in Glittering Cave except me getting the Sail Fossil because I wanted to use an Amaura instead of a Tyrunt like I used in Y. I revived it once I got back to Ambrette Town and continued on to Cyllage City, battling all of the trainers on the way.
I attempted to beat the gym and succeeded in beating the trainers, but Grant was simply too much for my poor little pokemon to handle, even when they were fully healed. So I guess it's time for me to do a little bit of grinding.

Pokemon Diamond Single Challenge (Flygon), Finale
As expected the gym wasno problem except for the Octillery with Aurorabeam, but Flyhon survived that so I won. In Victory Road everything survived with 1jp, which was really annoying and the same thing happened with the rival and I actually got scared by the Floatzel, but thankfully it didn't do that much danage. I stocked up on healing items and started my final quest. The first E4 member was no big deal because I had Fly and Earthquake, but it was PP expensive, because Vespiquen and Drapion survived with 1HP... hope this won't be a trend for the rest of the game.
The old lady was next. I used a lot of Earthquakes, because I wanted her waterpokemon to faint in 1 hit, but Quagsire used Protect on one of them. Also Sudowoodo survived one Earthquake... with 1HP... I healed Flygon while fighting Hippowdon and then used another Earthquake for Golem. PPs will be a problem...
On the next fight I took out Rapidash with 2 Dragon Claws and Infernape with 2 Flys, because I wanted to safe Earthquake for Steelix. I used Earthquake and Dragon Claw for Lolpunny, because I already reset the fight twice because this stupid thing decided to use charm 3 times which basicly made it impossible to win withing 1 hour of playing... I crunched Drifblim and then had to heal against the Steelix, because Flygon took a Flare Blitz and Aftermath. Then I used my 2 last Earthquakes to end it. I used Ether and it's all good now.
I tried giving Flygon some Protein before figghting old Lady #2, but unfortunately its ev's already were full. I defeated Mr Mime with 1 Crunch (in my forst failed attempt it survived with only a little bit of health. Is there a small amount of randomness or do they give it random IV/EV everytime they get sent out?) and then used x-attack in the first turn against Medicham attackig with Fly. I used Crunch first, because Medicham would survive the Fly and then OHKO Flygon with Icepunch, but it starts with a Fire Punch (I lost once because of this). Alakazam was faster than Flygon and hit really hard with Psychic and it survived Crunch with, how else should it be... 1HP... starting to hate this. Fortunately its defence got lowered, so I could defeat it after it got healed. Girrafarrig was done with 2 Crunches and Bronzong was a lot of Crunches and a potion. I had to use Max Ether on Crunch in this battle. After that I used Elexir
For Cynthia I lead with Flygon (had to do one bad joke) I took out Spiritomb with 2 Earthquakes. I needed 4 Dragon Claws for Garchomp, because I couldn't quite defeat it with 2 hits because of the Sitrus Berry. Flygon had to take 2 Gigaimpacts, so I healed during the battle and in the first turn of the fight with Lucario. Lucario then got defeated by 1 Earthquake. I feared Miltoic the most, because it can kill me with 1 Icebeam, but it used Mirror Coat on my first Earthquake and then Flygon crited it with the second Earthquake (with my luck it probably would have survived with 1HP) Then I finnished gastrodon with 2 Earthquakes. I healed Flygon after the forst Fly missed against Roserade and then took it out, so I'm the new champion :)

The challenge went rather smothly, but a big problem was that I couldn't cure Flygon if its stats got lowered and of course that my attacks weren't quite enough near the end....

Last edited:
Considering I am the most impatient fool in all of fooldom, I'm gonna change my challenge to a monotype (psychic) using the team above
Lack of evo stones make me cry however, looks like Kirlia is getting an everstone :p
I have 4 eggs that I require trading over as there is only one 3DS in this house, do I have anyone willing to help? Should my challenge be accepted?
Also how do I put the spoiler thingy on? xD

Karp probably would give you some eggs (he said something about stop breeding special things I think). I just lend ds and game to a friend so I can't help here :/
You can put on these spoilerthings by clicking on "Go Advanced" next to the button to post. You mark the text with the spoiler and click the eye

Last edited:
You can also just type out {SPOILER}{/SPOILER}... with [] instead'a {}, obviously. T'is what I do. Quicker t' memorize BBcode and just manually type it if ya normally gotta "Go Advanced" t' access it.

Well done on completin' another Challenge, Lucktown. The Hall of Fame welcomes ya once more.

Considering I am the most impatient fool in all of fooldom, I'm gonna change my challenge to a monotype (psychic) using the team above
Lack of evo stones make me cry however, looks like Kirlia is getting an everstone :p
I have 4 eggs that I require trading over as there is only one 3DS in this house, do I have anyone willing to help? Should my challenge be accepted?

Aye, Challenge accepted.

I'd normally be happy t' play the role of courier for ya. But all'a those Pokes can be found in-game, so ya ain't allowed t' trade eggs of 'em in for your Challenge.

I ran through the rest of route 7 and Connecting Cave only to lose to the trainer with the Axew -_- .

dragon rage is so broken early game lol

I'm kinda in a mood to play more Pokemon (and I have to study for a test) and since my friend has my Pokemon Y atm challenges will have to do :D
Pokemon Soulsilver Harmonia Challenge
I just got my 7th badge in the last update and since there is no way to get new Pokemon I had to keep my team for the next section: Girrafarrig lvl 33, Goldeen lvl 32, Pidgeotto lvl 17
I quickly got the key to the underground and then fought my rival. I started with Girrafarrig and took out Golbat with 2 Psybeams. For Sneasel I switched to Goldeen and confused it with Super Sonic. I got lucky and it hit itself twice, so I was able to take it out with 2 Surfs. For Magnemite I just used Strenght a couple of times. I tried to use Goldeen the same way as before when he sent out Ferraligator, but it snapped out of counfusion in the first turn and defeated my Goldeen while I was setting up an Aqua Ring in an attempt to heal up. I used Girrafarig with Strenght and barely survived with 1HP(this is haunting me I guess.... at least it's on the better side this time, edit:the same thing happened at the next Team Rocked Grunt...), because I had some problems with paralysis, but luckily he decided to switch it out, even though he attacked first and he would take me out with the next hit. He used Haunter, so I switched to Pidgeotto right away. As expected he used Curse and Pidgeotto almost defeated it with Fly, because he couldn't use anything else than Confuse Ray. I used a paralyze heal on Girrafarrig and then defeated Haunter and the Ferraligator that now was slower than me

Girrafarrig lvl 33 with Early Bird and Impish nature, Silk Scarf
-Psybeam
-Assurance
-Strenght
-Agility

Goldeen lvl 32 with Swift Swim and Mild nature, Exp. share
-Surf
-Supersonic
-Aqua Ring
-Water Pulse

Pidgeotto lvl 17 with Keen Eye and Quiet Nature
-Sand-Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack
-Fly

Team Rocket wasn't a problem as always, but I guess the next grind is coming now... and I lost exp. share while releasing Seaking :/

Last edited:
So I was reading through the new mechanics X&Y brought and found this:

Serebii.net said:
If your Pokémon evolves by level and you've reached that particular level, it will start to gain boosted experience points from the battle. This will last until you evolve it.

This is going to make my Unevolved challenge a whole lot easier since almost everyone will be getting boosted experience :D

Back