The Official Pokemon Challenge Thread

Six is currently the maximum. This is comprised of three'a the five standard-fare Challenges (Unevolved/Scramble/Moveset), one of the remaining two (Single or Monotype; both are team-size specific and thus incompatible), the sole official intermediate Challenge (No Item), and Nuzlocke. Harmonia will only be compatible with No Item once the Ruleset is made official, so don't concern yourself with it.

I didn't include Moveset in my five-way Combined 'cause I sure as **** wouldn't trust anyone but myself t' give a proper moveset for what is essentially the most difficult Challenge... that, and I'd rather blame myself than someone else if I were t' of failed any amount'a times. I was hesitant to do Scramble as well, but it was either that or Moveset if I wanted t' secure said bragging rights for a time.

So, the only way to the top is through hell and back, Unevolved/scramble/moveset/monotype/no items/nuzlocke challenge, I say, Bring It On!

No, your Challenge isn't accepted.

... 'Til you decide on the version lawl.

Okay, Pokemon.............. Blue version,

Just kidding, going with X version on this one, cant get Y due to low income, lol

Last edited:
No amount of luck can help someone win a Challenge that difficult. Contrarily, any amount'a bad luck can put an end to said Challenge instantly. Skill is all that matters... both before and during the Challenge.

You have no clue how much I dread doing a no items/nuzlocke challenge, you've done one 'karp, what can I expect?

Stress. And visiting Centers literally every other battle at certain points.

Don't ever play when you're not wholly alert, don't ever play when you're in a bad mood, and even once you're level 80, don't ever underestimate even a wimpy lil' Bellsprout... 'cause that thing might know Sleep Powder, and the level 1 Magikarp that switches in next turn will be rarin' to OHKO your sleepin' 'mon. Status is your worst enemy. Don't **** around with it.

Strategize. Plan ahead. If you're not confident, look up lists for the Pokes even your average along-the-route trainers have. Especially research bosses and plan ahead of time. Breed a competent Pokemon with good IVs, the perfect nature, and a godlike moveset straight from birth. You're most vulnerable when you're startin' out; remember the Bellsprout rule.

Overleveling is fine for an Unevolved anythin' but don't take the coward's way out and intentionally overlevel your Poke via Vs. Seeker abuse/battling wild Pokes endlessly. Ain't no honor nor skill in that.

Well. looks like I've got my work cut out for me, Maybe, I Pray to 'karp, that I don't encounter any of The great 'karp's earthly avatars, Are you still the Forum breeder, 'Karp, or am I gonna have to catch 'em myself?

I am indeed still the forum breeder... but I don't have anythin' for breedin' on XY. Nor will I 'til Pokemon Bank is online... and even then, I'm not willing to IV breed and breed an awesometacular moveset for Challengers these days, sorry t' say. The former takes much work, and I think any Challenger worth their Hall of Fame entries should do it themselves.

Obviously I'll pass out eggs that lack any sort'a amazing moveset or good IVs like they're penny candy, but I'm just too lazy to do all'a that work for every Challenger that asks. Wouldn't be fair if I played favorites and gave the service to a select few neither.

All I need is the pokes, I've never focused on stats, it's all about you, the trainer, You shouldn't need great pokemon to be a great trainer, It's your skill as a trainer, not as a breeder being tested, The pokemon shouldn't matter, as long as you Know what your'e doing, All i need is the basics, Makes it more "hall of fame" worthy, In my opinion, anyways.

I'm in a profound mood today, lol, But it is true, even if I do sound like an idiot, Its not like you could give someone who had never seen a pokemon in there life, a fully Iv'd And Ev'd trained team, And automaticly make them a master.

it's all about you, the trainer, You shouldn't need great pokemon to be a great trainer, It's your skill as a trainer.
Although that may be the case sometimes, when you're doing a challenge this difficult, pure skill, while it definitely helps, is not always enough. Good pokemon definitely play a part in completing the challenge

Thats what makes it chalenging, Thats why we limit ourselves, we should play with normal pokes to show our true power, were hear because normal pokemon are op normally, why ruining it by upgrading said normal pokemon, while it is helpful, it is not neccesary.

Back